|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the narrator of Part II: “Wonderland” say he is?
2. How old was Ben’s sister Sissy when she was abducted and Ben was unable to save her?
3. How far away from here does Evan say Fort Knox is in Part IV: “Mayfly”?
(a) 140 miles.
(b) 1,000 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
4. Cassie is sitting next to whom on the cot when the drone reappears in Cassie’s flashback in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 15?
5. Who is described among Zombie’s squad members as the youngest squad member and “the meanest seven-year-old you’ll ever meet, the most gung ho of all of us” in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
6. Cassie says in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 3, “The first rule of surviving the 4th Wave is” what?
(a) “Don’t trust anyone.”
(b) “Don’t touch anything.”
(c) “Don’t breathe the air.”
(d) “Kill anything that moves.”
7. At what age was the Silencer when the Other inside him awoke, according to the narrator in Part III: “Silencer”?
8. What does Cassie call the blinking orb-like bomb left behind by the soldiers in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
(a) “The Ted.”
(b) “The Eye.”
(c) “The Dorothy.”
(d) “The Silencer.”
9. Sammy tells the girl who’s sitting across from him on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38 that his name is Sam, but that everyone calls him Sammy except for Cassie. What does Cassie call him?
10. What does the Silencer do at the end of Part III: “Silencer,” Chapter 31?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He shoots Cassie again.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He stabs Cassie.
11. By what name does Sammy refer to his grandmother in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 37?
12. What name does Zombie call his squad leader in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
13. The narrator asserts in Part III: “Silencer,” “Cruelty isn’t a personality trait. Cruelty is” what?
(d) “A habit.”
14. In the opening of Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 1, the narrator says, “The Others are so far ahead of us, it’s like comparing the dumbest human to” what?
(a) “The smartest amoeba.”
(b) “The smartest dog.”
(c) “The MENSA school.”
(d) “Flecks of sand.”
15. The girl sitting across from Sammy on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38 tells him that her little brother died. What was his name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel Vosch’s first name?
2. The young cadet called “Nugget” is actually what character in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
3. Who is described in Zombie’s squad as “the eight-year-old who never talks, but who’s our best shot by far” in Part VI: “The Human Clay,” Chapter 43?
4. What does Evan tell Cassie his last name is in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 33?
5. Cassie says in Part I: “The Last Historian” that she took lessons in what, saying that they far outdid dance classes in terms of developing grace?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)