|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 1, the narrator says, “The Others are so far ahead of us, it’s like comparing the dumbest human to” what?
(a) “The smartest amoeba.”
(b) “The smartest dog.”
(c) “The MENSA school.”
(d) “Flecks of sand.”
2. What does Cassie describe as “number one on the ‘How do I know if I’m alive?’ checklist” in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 33?
(a) Whether or not she can stand up.
(b) Whether she can hear her heartbeat.
(c) Whether she can scream.
(d) Whether or not she’s breathing.
3. Cassie says she rode out the worst part of the blizzard in the back of what vehicle in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 32?
(a) A Chrysler van.
(b) A Humvee.
(c) A Ford Explorer.
(d) A Jeep Grand Cherokee.
4. What name does Zombie call his squad leader in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
5. What was Zombie’s name prior to the alien invasion?
(a) James Anderson.
(b) Ben Sullivan.
(c) Evan Walker.
(d) Ben Parish.
6. The paperback books that Cassie takes with her when she sets out from her home in Part I: “The Last Historian” are Huckleberry Finn and what?
(a) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
(b) Where the Sidewalk Ends.
(c) A Wrinkle in Time.
(d) On the Road.
7. Who kills Cassie’s father in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
(a) Mrs. Sullivan.
(d) Colonel Vosch.
8. How old does the narrator of Part II: “Wonderland” say he is?
9. What color is Evan’s eyes described as being in Part IV: “Mayfly”?
10. What is the name of the doctor that examines Sammy after his arrival at Camp Haven in Part V: “The Winnowing”?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Parker.
(c) Dr. Vosch.
(d) Dr. Pam.
11. What fraction of the surviving population does the doctor say are actually infested by the Others in Part II: “Wonderland”?
12. Zombie says in Part VI: “The Human Clay,” Chapter 43, “Reznik is an equal-opportunity” what?
13. Cassie is said to stand a little over what height in bare feet in Part III: “Silencer”?
14. What friend of Cassie’s is shot by a soldier at the camp, who then turns his gun on Cassie but she shoots him first in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
15. In Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 13, Cassie compares the plight of the survivors of the EPM attack as being like the Japanese survivors of what event?
(a) The nuclear disaster at Fukushima.
(b) The dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.
(c) The Civil War of 1519.
(d) The invasion of the Kahn Dynasty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassie says in Part I: “The Last Historian” that she was named after what?
2. Cassie is sitting next to whom on the cot when the drone reappears in Cassie’s flashback in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 15?
3. What does Cassie discover the soldier she has shot is holding in his hand in the end of Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 5?
4. What are the names of Cassie’s neighbors that packed up their camper and split during the 1st Wave?
5. Sammy is given a card with what number on it in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 39?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)