|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car is Cassie hidden under in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 24?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Buick.
2. How many shots does the Silencer fire at Cassie in the opening of Part III: “Silencer”?
3. What is the name of the medic who gives Sammy candy and juice in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 37?
4. What color does the thermometer glow when one of the children has fever in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38?
5. What kind of animal perches outside the woman’s window as she dreams in the novel’s Prologue: “Intrusion: 1995”?
(a) An owl.
(b) A cat.
(c) A crow.
(d) An eagle.
6. Who is the big man that first greets the children when the buses arrive at Camp Haven in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 39?
(a) Major Jim.
(b) Major Bob.
(c) Major Bill.
(d) Major Tom.
7. What does Ben call the doctor who treats him in the plague-infested ward of the military hospital in Part II: “Wonderland”?
(a) Dr. Hutchfield.
(b) Dr. Pam.
(c) Dr. Vosch.
(d) Dr. Smith
8. Sammy tells the girl who’s sitting across from him on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38 that his name is Sam, but that everyone calls him Sammy except for Cassie. What does Cassie call him?
9. In the opening of Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 1, the narrator says, “The Others are so far ahead of us, it’s like comparing the dumbest human to” what?
(a) “Flecks of sand.”
(b) “The smartest dog.”
(c) “The smartest amoeba.”
(d) “The MENSA school.”
10. What is Zombie’s squad number in Part VI: “The Human Clay,” Chapter 43?
(a) Squad 544.
(b) Squad 49.
(c) Squad 53.
(d) Squad 12.
11. Cassie says in Part I: “The Last Historian” that the 3rd Wave took out more than how many people?
(a) 3.5 billion.
(b) 8 billion.
(c) 2 million.
(d) 4.5 million.
12. What is Ben’s last name in the novel?
13. The narrator says in Part III: “Silencer,” “Humans are social animals. They cluster like” what?
14. The young cadet called “Nugget” is actually what character in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
15. Cassie says in Part I: “The Last Historian” that she was named after what?
(a) A Hindu goddess.
(b) A hotel in Naples.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A river in Greece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two words that comprise “rule number two” that is announced to the children when they arrive at Camp Haven in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 39?
2. On what floor of the hospital is Ben’s room in Part II: “Wonderland,” Chapter 30?
3. Sammy is given a card with what number on it in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 39?
4. Who is described in Zombie’s squad as “the eight-year-old who never talks, but who’s our best shot by far” in Part VI: “The Human Clay,” Chapter 43?
5. How deep does Cassie say the snow is on day two as she stays holed up in a vehicle during the blizzard in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 32?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)