|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sammy tells the girl who’s sitting across from him on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38 that his name is Sam, but that everyone calls him Sammy except for Cassie. What does Cassie call him?
2. What is Zombie’s squad number in Part VI: “The Human Clay,” Chapter 43?
(a) Squad 53.
(b) Squad 544.
(c) Squad 12.
(d) Squad 49.
3. At what age was the Silencer when the Other inside him awoke, according to the narrator in Part III: “Silencer”?
4. What is “P and D” said to stand for in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
(a) Processing and disposal.
(b) Priority and discovery.
(c) Proof and dismissal.
(d) Penalty and discipline.
5. Sammy is given a card with what number on it in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 39?
6. What does Cassie call the camp where she and her family took refuge during the first attacks in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
(a) Camp Heaven.
(b) Camp Haven.
(c) Camp Ashpit.
(d) Camp Evan.
7. The big man that greets the children at Camp Haven in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 39 tells them that “rule number one” is what?
(a) “Remember your colors.”
(b) “Forget being human.”
(c) “Follow all orders.”
(d) “Call your parents once you get to your room.”
8. The little girl who is sitting across from Sammy on the bus in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 38 is named what?
9. What is the name of the medic who gives Sammy candy and juice in Part V: “The Winnowing,” Chapter 37?
10. Where was Evan going to study engineering after graduating high school, according to the narrator in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 36?
(c) Duke University.
(d) Kent State.
11. Who does Cassie say she called “a sicko for trying to give me a corpse’s jewelry” in Part IV: “Mayfly,” Chapter 34?
12. In Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 13, Cassie compares the plight of the survivors of the EPM attack as being like the Japanese survivors of what event?
(a) The invasion of the Kahn Dynasty.
(b) The Civil War of 1519.
(c) The dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.
(d) The nuclear disaster at Fukushima.
13. In the opening of Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 1, the narrator says, “The Others are so far ahead of us, it’s like comparing the dumbest human to” what?
(a) “The smartest amoeba.”
(b) “The smartest dog.”
(c) “Flecks of sand.”
(d) “The MENSA school.”
14. How many people does Cassie say were at the camp, not counting the kids who left on the buses, in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 23?
15. Who in Zombie’s squad is described in Part VI: “The Human Clay” as “the chubby kid with the crooked teeth who’s last in every drill but first in chow line”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassie is said to be how old in Part III: “Silencer”?
2. How old is Cassie’s little brother in the novel?
3. What fraction of the surviving population does the doctor say are actually infested by the Others in Part II: “Wonderland”?
4. What are the names of Cassie’s neighbors that packed up their camper and split during the 1st Wave?
5. When the doctor takes Ben to see one of the “infested” in Part II: “Wonderland,” the person strapped to the chair with electrodes connected to him is whom?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)