|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part XI: “The Infinite Sea,” Chapter 80.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term do the soldiers use to refer to humans that are infected in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance”?
2. The 5th Wave is described in Part VIII: “The Spirit of Vengeance” as what?
(a) A nuclear meltdown.
(b) Humans killing humans.
(c) An infestation of the Plague.
(d) A hydroponic meltdown.
3. What is Cassie’s response when Evan asks her in the opening of Part VII: “The Heart to Kill,” Chapter 55, “What are you doing out here?”
(a) “I was leaving forever.”
(b) “I was looking for my gun.”
(c) “I was looking for you.”
(d) “I thought I heard a noise.”
4. What kind of animal does Evan compare himself with in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 69?
(a) A lion.
(b) A hawk.
(c) An owl.
(d) A shark.
5. Who kills Cassie’s father in Part I: “The Last Historian”?
(a) Mrs. Sullivan.
(d) Colonel Vosch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described among Zombie’s squad members as the youngest squad member and “the meanest seven-year-old you’ll ever meet, the most gung ho of all of us” in Part VI: “The Human Clay”?
2. What is the name of the soldier that Cassie kills after he shoots her friend in Part I: “The Last Historian,” Chapter 21?
3. Camp Ashpit is described in Part IX: “A Flower to the Rain,” Chapter 69 as “now more featureless than” what?
4. How much time does the narrator of Part X: “A Thousand Ways,” Chapter 78 say he has until the bomb will go off at the chapter’s opening?
5. In the narrator’s metaphor for war in Part III: “Silencer,” what does he refer to as “the battlefield”?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)