|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the word on the street about why Richard had set Sasha's skirt aflame?
2. Who does Richard want to talk to about what happened with Sasha before anyone else in Part III?
3. What does Richard tell his mother Jasmine you must do in order to be able to really forgive?
4. Who does not visit Sasha in the hospital and feels guilty about it?
5. What objection does Jasmine have about the way the police treated Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think it was fair of authorities to charge Richard with a hate crime?
2. How does saving Sasha change Dan Gale's life?
3. How do many of the people who know Richard best react to the news of his crime?
4. Why does Andrew avoid visiting Sasha in the hospital?
5. How did the super-predator theory devised by John J. Dilulio Jr. pave the way for some states to start charging juveniles as adults?
6. What do some of Sasha's friends do to show support for Sasha after the attack?
7. What are some of the most common emotions burn patients feel in the hospital, according to Slater?
8. How does Slater feel about the way the police who questioned Richard treated him?
9. Why is there such a delay in Richard's writing a letter to Sasha and Sasha receiving the letter?
10. What distinction does Richard's lawyer draw between other hate crimes and the crime Richard committed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Sasha's close friends - Michael, Healy, Teah, and Ian - feel about Sasha's non-conforming gender identity? Write an essay explaining your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the most significant differences between Maybeck High School, where Sasha attends school, and Oakland High School, where Richard attends high school? Write an essay explaining your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What do you think Richard's decision to ask Kaprice if he could join her school compliance program reveals about Richard's character and motivation? Write an essay explaining your answers.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)