|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
(b) Yellow fever.
2. What is the name of the river mentioned in the Camera Eye section of pgs. 215-236?
(a) Magdalena River.
(b) Nile River.
(c) Thames River.
(d) Amazon River.
3. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Annabelle and Gisele.
(c) Marisa and Concha.
(d) Ben and Lucy.
4. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
5. Who is the friend that contacts Eleanor and Eveline to come and assist him on a play?
(a) Freddy Sergent.
(b) Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Tom Custis.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
2. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
3. In his meeting with McGill to address the strike, what does Ward propose?
4. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
5. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Initially, what decision does Johnny make about Annabelle in pages 151-172?
2. How does Eleanor's employment situation change when Eveline returns from Europe?
3. Why is Charley eager to leave Fargo?
4. What does Ward want to achieve on his own without Annabelle's support?
5. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
6. Why does Janey quit her job and look for new work?
7. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
8. What does Ward want in his line of work, and how does he achieve it?
9. Why does Eleanor befriend Miss Eliza Perkins?
10. How does Mac act in a similar fashion in Mexico City as he did in California?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)