|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
2. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She will be punished for being a parasite.
(b) She must leave immediately.
(c) She can occupy her friend's house.
(d) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
3. Who meets Eleanor and Eveline in New York?
4. What will Eleanor and Eveline be doing to help their friend on his new play?
(a) Finding locations to shoot.
(b) Making sets and costumes.
(c) Reading his lines.
(d) Finding actors.
5. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
2. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
3. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
4. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
5. What is the name of the river mentioned in the Camera Eye section of pgs. 215-236?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mac act in a similar fashion in Mexico City as he did in California?
2. After the play fails, how does Eleanor recover?
3. Why does Eleanor befriend Miss Eliza Perkins?
4. What new relationships does Mac form in Mexico City?
5. Why does Gertrude threaten Ward with divorce, and what effect can this divorce have upon him?
6. What does Ward want to achieve on his own without Annabelle's support?
7. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
8. What does Charley decide to do when the pregnancy is terminated?
9. What does Charley do for work in Minneapolis when he moves there?
10. How does Ward and Gertrude's relationship change after they have children?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)