|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
(a) Mr. McGill.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Annabelle's father.
(d) Ward's family.
2. When Ward marries and quits his job, he and his new wife hope for ________________________.
(a) Money from her mother.
(b) The death of their competitor.
(c) Winning the state lottery.
(d) A windfall inheritance from McGill.
3. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
4. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Marisa and Concha.
(b) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Ben and Lucy.
(d) Annabelle and Gisele.
5. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
(b) New York.
(d) Ocean City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
2. How much rent will Janey have to pay as a boarder?
3. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
4. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
5. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ward want in his line of work, and how does he achieve it?
2. What new relationships does Mac form in Mexico City?
3. Why does Janey quit her job and look for new work?
4. What does Charley decide to do when the pregnancy is terminated?
5. How does Eleanor's employment situation change when Eveline returns from Europe?
6. Initially, what decision does Johnny make about Annabelle in pages 151-172?
7. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
8. What happens that makes Janey feel that she has made the "big time" at work?
9. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
10. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)