|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mac goes to join ___________in Mexico.
(b) Standard Oil.
(d) United States Army.
2. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
(a) North Clark Street.
(b) North Pine Street.
(c) North Union Street.
(d) North Winooski Street.
3. To whom did Charley become engaged at Christmas?
4. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
5. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
(a) Ben Stowell.
(b) Mark Korski.
(c) Annabelle Strang.
(d) J. Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
2. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
3. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
4. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
5. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
2. What does Mac do when the Zapata arrives in Mexico City?
3. Why does Janey quit her job and look for new work?
4. What does Eleanor do to conceal her upbringing?
5. How does Mac act in a similar fashion in Mexico City as he did in California?
6. After the play fails, how does Eleanor recover?
7. What does Ward want to achieve on his own without Annabelle's support?
8. What does Ward want in his line of work, and how does he achieve it?
9. What does Charley decide to do when the pregnancy is terminated?
10. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)