|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) Vera Cruz.
(d) San Domingo.
2. In what industry in Pittsburgh is Mr. McGill involved?
3. Who comes to work for Ward in New York?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Fainy Mackintosh.
(c) Edgar Robbins.
(d) Annabelle Strang.
4. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) J. Ward.
(c) Mark Korski.
(d) Ben Stowell.
5. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
2. Who is the nephew of one of the directors at Ward's new job with whom he socializes?
3. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
4. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
5. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley do for work in Minneapolis when he moves there?
2. What effect does Annabelle's decision to terminate her pregnancy have on Ward?
3. What effect does the war have on Ward's relationship with Gertrude and his work?
4. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
5. Why does Eleanor befriend Miss Eliza Perkins?
6. Why does Gertrude threaten Ward with divorce, and what effect can this divorce have upon him?
7. What does Ward want to achieve on his own without Annabelle's support?
8. Initially, what decision does Johnny make about Annabelle in pages 151-172?
9. How does Ward and Gertrude's relationship change after they have children?
10. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)