|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
(a) Janey and Will.
(b) Max and Ernest.
(c) Susie and Eric.
(d) Ward and Gertrude.
2. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
(a) North Pine Street.
(b) North Union Street.
(c) North Winooski Street.
(d) North Clark Street.
3. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
(a) A ferry and plane ticket.
(b) A train and boat ticket.
(c) A tram and boat ticket.
(d) A plane and bus ticket.
4. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
5. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ward start to date in Pittsburgh?
2. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
3. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
4. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
5. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eleanor befriend Miss Eliza Perkins?
2. After the play fails, how does Eleanor recover?
3. Why does Janey quit her job and look for new work?
4. How does Ward and Gertrude's relationship change after they have children?
5. What effect does Annabelle's decision to terminate her pregnancy have on Ward?
6. When Eveline and Eleanor's business fails, what job opportunity do they take?
7. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
8. What effect does the war have on Ward's relationship with Gertrude and his work?
9. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
10. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)