|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
(a) Twin Cities.
2. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
(c) Jamaica Heights.
3. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(c) Answering the phone.
(d) Technical support.
4. In his meeting with McGill to address the strike, what does Ward propose?
(a) To infiltrate the striking group with spies.
(b) To arrest the assembled demonstrators.
(c) An industry wide information bureau.
(d) To combat with weapons.
5. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
(a) American Federation of Labor.
(b) Standard Oil Company.
(c) Mexican Tribune.
(d) President's entourage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who occupies the upper berth of the train compartment that Janey is traveling in?
2. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
3. In what industry in Pittsburgh is Mr. McGill involved?
4. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
5. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charley's girlfriend gets pregnant?
2. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
3. Why does Eleanor befriend Miss Eliza Perkins?
4. Why does Janey quit her job and look for new work?
5. What effect does Annabelle's decision to terminate her pregnancy have on Ward?
6. How does Eleanor's employment situation change when Eveline returns from Europe?
7. What does Mac do when the Zapata arrives in Mexico City?
8. After Ward leaves Annabelle, where does he live, and what is life like there?
9. After the play fails, how does Eleanor recover?
10. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)