|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
(a) A red stutz roadster.
(b) A Pontiac convertible.
(c) A Chevy sedan.
(d) A Rolls Royce.
2. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
(a) Zapatistas Mexicanas.
(b) Futbal International.
(c) United Automobile Workers of America.
(d) United Fruit.
3. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
(a) She swears a lot.
(b) She drinks a lot.
(c) She snores a lot.
(d) She eats a lot.
4. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
5. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
(a) She is anorexic and depressed.
(b) She has been messing around with men.
(c) She is very wealthy and conceited.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
2. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
3. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
4. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
5. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
2. What happens that makes Janey feel that she has made the "big time" at work?
3. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
4. How does Ward and Gertrude's relationship change after they have children?
5. What does Ward want to achieve on his own without Annabelle's support?
6. Why does Gertrude threaten Ward with divorce, and what effect can this divorce have upon him?
7. Why is Charley eager to leave Fargo?
8. How does Mac act in a similar fashion in Mexico City as he did in California?
9. When Eveline and Eleanor's business fails, what job opportunity do they take?
10. How does Janey change when she lives in New York?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)