|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Eleanor and Eveline in New York?
2. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
(a) Travels alone.
(b) Terminates her pregnancy.
(c) Gets a job.
(d) Writes an old boyfriend.
3. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
4. To whom did Charley become engaged at Christmas?
5. Whom does Eleanor meet while looking at paintings at the Art Institute?
(a) Eveline Hutchins.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Annabelle Strang.
(d) J. Ward Moorehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
2. Who is the nephew of one of the directors at Ward's new job with whom he socializes?
3. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
4. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
5. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ward leaves Annabelle, where does he live, and what is life like there?
2. What does Mac do when the Zapata arrives in Mexico City?
3. How does Mac act in a similar fashion in Mexico City as he did in California?
4. When Eveline and Eleanor's business fails, what job opportunity do they take?
5. Why does Gertrude threaten Ward with divorce, and what effect can this divorce have upon him?
6. How does Janey change when she lives in New York?
7. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
8. Why does Eleanor befriend Miss Eliza Perkins?
9. When Mac arrives in Mexico City, what changes does he experience in his employment?
10. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)