|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joe take his date to see a show in pages 257-282?
2. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the money they earned.
(b) All the contacts they expected.
(c) All the recognition they deserved.
(d) All the awards they expected.
3. Who is Mac's coworker in Mexico?
4. Where is Charley Anderson from?
(a) St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Billings, Montana.
(c) Fargo, North Dakota.
(d) St. Joseph, Michigan.
5. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
(a) She is very wealthy and conceited.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has been messing around with men.
(d) She is anorexic and depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Janey to dinner and proposes marriage to her?
2. Who does Ward start to date in Pittsburgh?
3. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
4. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
5. Who sends Ward a letter telling him that the real estate industry in Ocean City is booming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley do for work in Minneapolis when he moves there?
2. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
3. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
4. After Ward leaves Annabelle, where does he live, and what is life like there?
5. Why does Janey quit her job and look for new work?
6. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
7. What new relationships does Mac form in Mexico City?
8. What does Charley decide to do when the pregnancy is terminated?
9. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
10. What does Ward want to achieve on his own without Annabelle's support?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)