|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
(a) United Fruit.
(b) Zapatistas Mexicanas.
(c) United Automobile Workers of America.
(d) Futbal International.
2. What does Mac become a part owner of?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A newspaper.
3. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Fred Joop.
(c) Benjamin Freelby.
(d) Ward Moorehouse.
4. Where does Joe take his date to see a show in pages 257-282?
5. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
2. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
3. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
4. When Mac hears that rebels will be arriving in the city, whose government is expected to flee?
5. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
2. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
3. What does Eleanor do to conceal her upbringing?
4. When Eveline and Eleanor's business fails, what job opportunity do they take?
5. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
6. How does Ward and Gertrude's relationship change after they have children?
7. What does Charley decide to do when the pregnancy is terminated?
8. What happens that makes Janey feel that she has made the "big time" at work?
9. Initially, what decision does Johnny make about Annabelle in pages 151-172?
10. How does Eleanor's employment situation change when Eveline returns from Europe?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)