|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
(a) A tram and boat ticket.
(b) A ferry and plane ticket.
(c) A plane and bus ticket.
(d) A train and boat ticket.
2. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
(a) She snores a lot.
(b) She eats a lot.
(c) She drinks a lot.
(d) She swears a lot.
3. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
(a) Buy a sailboat.
(b) Go to Europe for a year.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Go on a shopping spree.
4. Who buys book stock from Mac?
(a) A Syrian.
(b) An Egyptian.
(c) A Swiss.
(d) A Mexican.
5. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
2. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
3. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
4. What is the name of the river mentioned in the Camera Eye section of pgs. 215-236?
5. Who does Ward start to date in Pittsburgh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janey change when she lives in New York?
2. Why does Janey quit her job and look for new work?
3. After the play fails, how does Eleanor recover?
4. What does Mac do when the Zapata arrives in Mexico City?
5. What effect does the war have on Ward's relationship with Gertrude and his work?
6. What happens that makes Janey feel that she has made the "big time" at work?
7. When Eveline and Eleanor's business fails, what job opportunity do they take?
8. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
9. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
10. How does Ward and Gertrude's relationship change after they have children?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)