|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In September, with whom does Janey move into a house?
(a) John Booth and his wife.
(b) Eliza Tingley and her brother.
(c) Fainy McCreary and his dog.
(d) Joseph and Mary Wilkes.
2. Whom does Eleanor meet while looking at paintings at the Art Institute?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Annabelle Strang.
(c) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Eveline Hutchins.
3. Who is the friend that contacts Eleanor and Eveline to come and assist him on a play?
(a) Freddy Sergent.
(b) Tom Custis.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Ward Moorehouse.
4. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the awards they expected.
(b) All the contacts they expected.
(c) All the recognition they deserved.
(d) All the money they earned.
5. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
(a) She snores a lot.
(b) She eats a lot.
(c) She drinks a lot.
(d) She swears a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
2. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
3. Who sends Ward a letter telling him that the real estate industry in Ocean City is booming?
4. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
5. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gertrude threaten Ward with divorce, and what effect can this divorce have upon him?
2. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
3. Why is Charley eager to leave Fargo?
4. What is Eleanor's relationship with her father?
5. How does Eleanor's employment situation change when Eveline returns from Europe?
6. How does Mac act in a similar fashion in Mexico City as he did in California?
7. What effect does Annabelle's decision to terminate her pregnancy have on Ward?
8. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
9. Initially, what decision does Johnny make about Annabelle in pages 151-172?
10. What does Eleanor do to conceal her upbringing?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)