|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
(a) At a lumber camp.
(b) At a hostel.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a detention facility.
2. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
(c) Capital Hill.
(d) District Lawyers.
3. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
(a) Tate Museum.
(c) Mohawk House.
4. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
(d) Industrial Workers of the World.
5. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
(a) An old man.
(b) A priest.
(c) A child.
(d) A young woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
2. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
3. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
4. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
5. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnny Ward Morehouse.
2. Where does Mac live with Maisie and what is their relationship?
3. What is the only question that Fainy asks about his job?
4. What does Ike teach Mac?
5. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
6. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
7. What does Fred Hoff offer Mac?
8. What happens on the train ride to Chicago that Mac takes?
9. What kind of personality does Janey have?
10. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)