|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His aunt's.
(d) His mother's.
2. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
3. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
(a) The Zapatistas.
(b) The Anarchist Union of Industry.
(c) The AAA.
(d) The Mexicanas Spirituas.
4. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) Ben Evans.
(d) Lucy Hammond.
5. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Vodka and rum.
(b) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
(c) Nettles and chamomile.
(d) Prunes and melons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
2. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
3. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
4. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
5. Where was Moorehouse a top salesman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
2. How does Mac learn independence?
3. Describe Mac's life as a child.
4. What happens when Mac reaches the rancher's house?
5. Where does Janey work in Washington DC? What knowledge does she acquire?
6. What does Ike teach Mac?
7. Where does Mac live with Maisie and what is their relationship?
8. When Fainy accepts a job with Doc Bingham, what does he learn about his new place of employment right away?
9. What kind of personality does Janey have?
10. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)