|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
(a) Dreyfus and Carrol.
(b) Miller and Hill.
(c) Schumann and Fox.
(d) Lancaster and Bruback.
2. What does Mac feel sad about leaving behind when they leave for Chicago?
(a) The familiar.
(b) The dog.
(c) His parents.
(d) His toys.
3. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Forty dollars a month.
(b) Fifteen dollars a week.
(c) Twenty dollars a month.
(d) Fifty dollars a week.
4. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
5. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny's new job offer him as pay?
2. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
3. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
4. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
5. At Thanksgiving, where is Mac?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
2. Describe Janey.
3. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
4. What does Fred Hoff offer Mac?
5. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
6. What is the only question that Fainy asks about his job?
7. What decision does Mac make regarding Maisie and her pregnancy?
8. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
9. Why does Johnny have to leave college?
10. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)