|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At McGraw Hill.
(b) At Metro Goldwyn.
(c) At the Times.
(d) At the theater.
2. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
3. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they built a time machine.
(b) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
(c) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
(d) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
4. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
(d) Las Vegas.
5. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is very cruel.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is behind on the office rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Thanksgiving, where is Mac?
2. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
3. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
4. What does Johnny's new job offer him as pay?
5. What does Mac feel sad about leaving behind when they leave for Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Fainy accepts a job with Doc Bingham, what does he learn about his new place of employment right away?
2. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
3. What kind of personality does Janey have?
4. Describe Mac's life as a child.
5. What happens on the train ride to Chicago that Mac takes?
6. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
7. What is the only question that Fainy asks about his job?
8. Why does Johnny have to leave college?
9. Who is Alice, and what effect does she have on Janey?
10. What do you learn about Mac's personality through his choices in pages. 62-84?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)