|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) Lucy and Mary.
(b) De Passo and Steve.
(c) Gladys and Olive.
(d) Harrison and Pew.
2. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
3. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Vodka and rum.
(b) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
(c) Nettles and chamomile.
(d) Prunes and melons.
4. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At the theater.
(b) At Metro Goldwyn.
(c) At the Times.
(d) At McGraw Hill.
5. What does Johnny's new job offer him as pay?
(a) Access to the university.
(b) Four thousand dollars a month.
(c) Free food and lodging only.
(d) Fifteen dollars a week and a furnished cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
2. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
3. Where was Moorehouse a top salesman?
4. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
5. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Uncle Tim have on Mac?
2. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
3. How does Mac learn independence?
4. What kind of personality does Janey have?
5. What could Maisie have done to keep Mac in Los Angeles with her?
6. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
7. What do you learn about Mac's personality through his choices in pages. 62-84?
8. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
9. Where does Janey work in Washington DC? What knowledge does she acquire?
10. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)