|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
2. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
(a) He was failing school.
(b) His father was injured and unemployed.
(c) He got sick and was hospitalized.
(d) He was drafted into the war.
3. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
(a) A For Sale sign.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A golf course.
(d) A mansion.
4. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At Metro Goldwyn.
(b) At the Times.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At McGraw Hill.
5. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His aunt's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His brother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interviews Fainy?
2. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
3. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
4. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
5. What is Mac's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
2. Describe Janey.
3. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
4. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
5. Where does Janey work in Washington DC? What knowledge does she acquire?
6. When Fainy accepts a job with Doc Bingham, what does he learn about his new place of employment right away?
7. Who is Alice, and what effect does she have on Janey?
8. What kind of personality does Janey have?
9. What happens when Mac reaches the rancher's house?
10. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)