|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
(b) George Hall.
(c) Manny Booth.
(d) Marisa Smith.
2. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she does not like children.
(b) Why she has to work.
(c) Why she is not married.
(d) Why she is moody.
3. What is Mac's real name?
(a) Miguel Dos Passos.
(b) General Harrision.
(c) Scott Columbine.
(d) Fainy McCreary.
4. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
(a) A boat.
(b) A house.
(c) An estate.
(d) A job.
5. At whose print shop in San Francisco does Mac get a job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
2. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
3. What is the 42nd parallel about?
4. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
5. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mac learn independence?
2. Where does Janey work in Washington DC? What knowledge does she acquire?
3. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
4. What kind of personality does Janey have?
5. Who is Annabelle Marie Strang, and why is she important to Johnny?
6. After meeting Ben Evans, what does Mac decide?
7. What effect did Uncle Tim have on Mac?
8. Describe Johnny Ward Morehouse.
9. Why does Johnny have to leave college?
10. Describe Janey.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)