|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
(a) He is in debt.
(b) He spends a lot.
(c) He is a bad tailor.
(d) He is a great tailor.
2. When Mac moves to San Diego, what kind of work does he do?
(a) Works for a marijuana dealer.
(b) Works at an ad printer.
(c) Works at a bakery.
(d) Works for a law firm.
3. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
(a) Lucy Hammond.
(b) Fred Hoff.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
4. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
(a) District Lawyers.
(c) Capital Hill.
5. When Mac's Uncle Tim dies, what does Mac do that angers his wife?
(a) Leaves her permanently.
(b) Quits his job and become depressed.
(c) Skips the funeral and goes to a party.
(d) Takes money out of the kids' accounts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
2. What does Johnny ask Annabelle when they spend time together?
3. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
4. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
5. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mac's life as a child.
2. Where does Mac live with Maisie and what is their relationship?
3. What does Fred Hoff offer Mac?
4. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
5. How does Mac learn independence?
6. What happens when Mac reaches the rancher's house?
7. Who is Annabelle Marie Strang, and why is she important to Johnny?
8. What do you learn about Mac's personality through his choices in pages. 62-84?
9. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
10. What decision does Mac make regarding Maisie and her pregnancy?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)