|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
2. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
(a) Mr. Crealy.
(b) Mrs. Saginaw.
(c) Mrs. Kovach.
(d) Mr. Rush.
3. After Joe's friend dies in a motorcycle accident, what does Joe plan to do?
(a) Enlist in the Navy.
(b) Become a teacher.
(c) Go to medical school.
(d) Commit suicide.
4. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) Fred Hoff.
(c) Lucy Hammond.
(d) President Harrison.
5. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
(a) Dos Passos and Lucy.
(b) Milly and Chad.
(c) Harrison and Fainy.
(d) Scott and Mac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
2. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
3. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
4. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
5. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
2. What does Ward want to achieve on his own without Annabelle's support?
3. What does Ike teach Mac?
4. How does Mac learn independence?
5. What effect did Uncle Tim have on Mac?
6. What do you learn about Mac's personality through his choices in pages. 62-84?
7. Where does Janey work in Washington DC? What knowledge does she acquire?
8. Describe Johnny Ward Morehouse.
9. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
10. When Charley leaves Minneapolis, what is his plan?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)