|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Janey plans on moving after high school with her friend ______________.
(a) Laurie Hall.
(b) Margaret Smith.
(c) Alice Dick.
(d) Mark Sketter.
2. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
(b) George Hall.
(c) Marisa Smith.
(d) Manny Booth.
3. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
(c) Industrial Workers of the World.
4. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is behind on the office rent.
(c) He is very cruel.
(d) He is wealthy.
5. When Mac moves to San Diego, what kind of work does he do?
(a) Works at a bakery.
(b) Works at an ad printer.
(c) Works for a marijuana dealer.
(d) Works for a law firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
2. What is the 42nd parallel about?
3. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
4. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
5. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fred Hoff offer Mac?
2. Who is Annabelle Marie Strang, and why is she important to Johnny?
3. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
4. Describe Mac's life as a child.
5. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
6. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
7. When Fainy accepts a job with Doc Bingham, what does he learn about his new place of employment right away?
8. What happens on the train ride to Chicago that Mac takes?
9. What is the only question that Fainy asks about his job?
10. What does Ike teach Mac?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)