|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
(a) Mark Fitzburg.
(b) Annabelle Marie Strang.
(c) Lisa Stromwell.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
2. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
(b) Great Falls.
(d) Whitewater Rapids.
3. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A tsunami.
4. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
(a) A job.
(b) An estate.
(c) A boat.
(d) A house.
5. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In the glove compartment.
(b) In a suitcase.
(c) In a vault.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
2. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
3. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
4. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
5. What does Johnny's new job offer him as pay?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ward leaves Annabelle, where does he live, and what is life like there?
2. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
3. Who is Alice, and what effect does she have on Janey?
4. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
5. Why does Gertrude threaten Ward with divorce, and what effect can this divorce have upon him?
6. What does Charley do for work in Minneapolis when he moves there?
7. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
8. How does Eleanor's employment situation change when Eveline returns from Europe?
9. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
10. Who is Annabelle Marie Strang, and why is she important to Johnny?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)