|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) Cooking lessons.
(b) College classes.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) Long evening walks.
2. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
3. The real estate company sends Johnny on business to _____________.
(a) St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Ocean City, Maryland.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Wilmington, Delaware.
4. What does Mac do when he arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Shaves his head.
(c) Marries Maisie.
(d) Gets baptized.
5. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
(a) Unlimited access to media.
(b) His crown.
(c) Free food.
(d) A constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
2. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
3. Where does the train bound for San Francisco take Ike and Fainy?
4. At Thanksgiving, where is Mac?
5. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Annabelle Marie Strang, and why is she important to Johnny?
2. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
3. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
4. What happens at the theater? What does Mac do?
5. What does Fred Hoff offer Mac?
6. After meeting Ben Evans, what does Mac decide?
7. What happens when Mac reaches the rancher's house?
8. What happens on the train ride to Chicago that Mac takes?
9. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
10. Where does Janey work in Washington DC? What knowledge does she acquire?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)