|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His aunt's.
(d) His brother's.
2. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
(a) New York City.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) St. Paul.
3. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
4. When Mac's Uncle Tim dies, what does Mac do that angers his wife?
(a) Skips the funeral and goes to a party.
(b) Quits his job and become depressed.
(c) Takes money out of the kids' accounts.
(d) Leaves her permanently.
5. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is very cruel.
(b) He is behind on the office rent.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
2. What is Mac's real name?
3. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
4. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
5. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the theater? What does Mac do?
2. How does Mac learn independence?
3. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
4. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
5. What do you learn about Mac's personality through his choices in pages. 62-84?
6. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
7. What happens when Mac reaches the rancher's house?
8. Describe Johnny Ward Morehouse.
9. Describe Mac's life as a child.
10. What decision does Mac make regarding Maisie and her pregnancy?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)