|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
(a) Ben Evans.
(c) Lucy Hammond.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
2. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
(b) Mr. Montaigue's office.
(c) Mrs. Robinson's office.
(d) Mr. Smith's office.
3. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His aunt's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His father's.
4. When Mac moves to San Diego, what kind of work does he do?
(a) Works at a bakery.
(b) Works for a marijuana dealer.
(c) Works for a law firm.
(d) Works at an ad printer.
5. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By subway.
(d) By horse and wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mac feel sad about leaving behind when they leave for Chicago?
2. What does Johnny do in his new job?
3. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
4. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
5. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
2. What happens at the theater? What does Mac do?
3. Where does Mac live with Maisie and what is their relationship?
4. What do you learn about Mac's personality through his choices in pages. 62-84?
5. What kind of personality does Janey have?
6. What happens on the train ride to Chicago that Mac takes?
7. Where does Janey work in Washington DC? What knowledge does she acquire?
8. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
9. Why does Johnny have to leave college?
10. Describe Johnny Ward Morehouse.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)