|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
(a) Bake bread.
(b) Win at cards.
(c) Break into a bank.
(d) Hop freight trains.
2. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
(a) A constitution.
(b) Unlimited access to media.
(c) His crown.
(d) Free food.
3. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
(a) At a detention facility.
(b) At a lumber camp.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a hostel.
4. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
(b) Tate Museum.
(c) Mohawk House.
5. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
(a) Mark Fitzburg.
(b) Lisa Stromwell.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Annabelle Marie Strang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
2. When Mac moves to San Diego, what kind of work does he do?
3. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
4. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
5. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mac learn independence?
2. Why does Johnny have to leave college?
3. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
4. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
5. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
6. After meeting Ben Evans, what does Mac decide?
7. Who is Alice, and what effect does she have on Janey?
8. What effect did Uncle Tim have on Mac?
9. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
10. What kind of personality does Janey have?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)