|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she does not like children.
(b) Why she is moody.
(c) Why she has to work.
(d) Why she is not married.
2. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
(a) Mrs. Saginaw.
(b) Mrs. Kovach.
(c) Mr. Rush.
(d) Mr. Crealy.
3. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) A tornado.
4. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
(a) A For Sale sign.
(b) A mansion.
(c) A golf course.
(d) A bulldozer.
5. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
2. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
3. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
4. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
5. When Mac's Uncle Tim dies, what does Mac do that angers his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did Uncle Tim have on Mac?
2. What happens on the train ride to Chicago that Mac takes?
3. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
4. What does Ike teach Mac?
5. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
6. What happens at the theater? What does Mac do?
7. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
8. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
9. When Fainy accepts a job with Doc Bingham, what does he learn about his new place of employment right away?
10. What could Maisie have done to keep Mac in Los Angeles with her?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)