|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
2. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
(b) How they built a time machine.
(c) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
(d) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
3. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
4. Where does Janey's father go for treatment for cancer?
(a) Georgetown Hospital.
(b) Mayo Clinic.
(c) Maryland University.
(d) John Hopkins.
5. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
(a) A performance by Frank Sinatra.
(b) A film by Rodriguez.
(c) A speech by Harrison.
(d) A lecture by Upton Sinclair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the train bound for San Francisco take Ike and Fainy?
2. What does Mac feel sad about leaving behind when they leave for Chicago?
3. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
4. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
5. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
2. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
3. What happens at the theater? What does Mac do?
4. How does Mac learn independence?
5. What does Ward want in his line of work, and how does he achieve it?
6. What effect does the war have on Ward's relationship with Gertrude and his work?
7. What happens when Mac reaches the rancher's house?
8. What does Eleanor do to conceal her upbringing?
9. What effect did Uncle Tim have on Mac?
10. Why do the rancher and his wife not approve of Mac?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)