|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
(a) He is a bad tailor.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He is a great tailor.
(d) He spends a lot.
2. Who does Mac meet in Mexico that talks to him about the revolution there?
(b) Bill Evans.
(c) Professor Ferrer.
(d) Richard Perez.
3. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
(a) Pacific Northwest train station.
(b) Illinois Central train station.
(c) New Mexico train station.
(d) Grand Central train station.
4. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a hostel.
(c) At a detention facility.
(d) At a lumber camp.
5. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
(a) A For Sale sign.
(b) A bulldozer.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A golf course.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
2. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
3. What does Mac do when he arrives in San Francisco?
4. At whose print shop in San Francisco does Mac get a job?
5. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Janey.
2. What kind of personality does Janey have?
3. What does Johnny do for work, and why does he move to Ocean City?
4. Describe Mac's life as a child.
5. What does Fred Hoff offer Mac?
6. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
7. When Fainy accepts a job with Doc Bingham, what does he learn about his new place of employment right away?
8. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
9. Describe Johnny Ward Morehouse.
10. Why does Johnny have to leave college?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)