Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) Long evening walks.
(b) Cooking lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) College classes.
2. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In the glove compartment.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In a suitcase.
3. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
(a) General Fox.
(b) Deputy Sheriff Williams.
(c) Master Strang.
(d) Colonel Wedgewood.
4. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
(c) Dos Passos.
5. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
(a) He was drafted into the war.
(b) He got sick and was hospitalized.
(c) He was failing school.
(d) His father was injured and unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
2. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
3. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
4. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
5. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charley eager to leave Fargo?
2. After meeting Ben Evans, what does Mac decide?
3. What happens when Mac reaches the rancher's house?
4. Who is Annabelle Marie Strang, and why is she important to Johnny?
5. What does Ike do that leaves Mac stranded?
6. Describe Johnny Ward Morehouse.
7. How did Janey become the personal secretary of J. Ward Moorehouse?
8. Describe Mac's life as a child.
9. How does Mac act in a similar fashion in Mexico City as he did in California?
10. What kind of personality does Janey have?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)