|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) A tsunami.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A blizzard.
2. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
(a) Attic of his dad's house.
(b) Bathroom of his aunt's mansion.
(c) Backyard of a frame house.
(d) Roof of his house.
3. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
(a) Pacific Northwest train station.
(b) Grand Central train station.
(c) Illinois Central train station.
(d) New Mexico train station.
4. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
(a) Colonel Wedgewood.
(b) Master Strang.
(c) Deputy Sheriff Williams.
(d) General Fox.
5. What does the son of the woman who owns a farmhouse sneak into the barn to buy?
(a) A book on sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
2. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
3. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
4. How many boxes does the tailor give Fainy?
5. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Ward leaves Annabelle, where does he live, and what is life like there?
2. When Janey first arrives in New York, what is her initial impression?
3. What happens at the theater? What does Mac do?
4. When Charley leaves Minneapolis, what is his plan?
5. What happens when Fainy and Bingham ride the train to Michigan?
6. Initially, what decision does Johnny make about Annabelle in pages 151-172?
7. What happens when Ward accepts the job from McGill?
8. What new relationships does Mac form in Mexico City?
9. What happens that makes Janey feel that she has made the "big time" at work?
10. How does Janey change when she lives in New York?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)