|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
(a) Fred Hoff.
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Bill Haywood.
2. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
(a) President Harrison.
(b) Lucy Hammond.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Fred Hoff.
3. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
4. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
(a) Be an actor.
(b) Be a songwriter.
(c) Be a dancer.
(d) Be a film producer.
5. Who interviews Fainy?
(b) Manny Kovach.
(c) Doc Bingham.
(d) Mary Wiggins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
2. After Joe's friend dies in a motorcycle accident, what does Joe plan to do?
3. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
4. What does Johnny do in his new job?
5. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charley decide to do when the pregnancy is terminated?
2. What effect did Uncle Tim have on Mac?
3. How does Charley's relationship with women change after he leaves his girlfriend Emsecha?
4. What does Mac do when the Zapata arrives in Mexico City?
5. Who is Alice, and what effect does she have on Janey?
6. What do Fred Hoff and Mac share in common?
7. How does Janey change when she lives in New York?
8. Initially, what decision does Johnny make about Annabelle in pages 151-172?
9. What happens when Charley's girlfriend gets pregnant?
10. Does Charley show initiative in his career plan after leaving Minneapolis? If so, in what way? Describe.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)