|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
(c) District Lawyers.
(d) Capital Hill.
2. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
(b) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
(c) How they built a time machine.
(d) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
3. What does Johnny ask Annabelle when they spend time together?
(a) If she would leave with him.
(b) If she loved someone else.
(c) If she loved him.
(d) If she could marry someone like him.
4. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
5. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(b) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(c) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(d) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
2. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
3. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
4. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
5. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mac learn independence?
2. What occurs at Mrs. Kovach's house when Fainy and Bingham spend the night?
3. Describe Mac's life as a child.
4. Who is Annabelle Marie Strang, and why is she important to Johnny?
5. What happens at the theater? What does Mac do?
6. What decision does Mac make regarding Maisie and her pregnancy?
7. After meeting Ben Evans, what does Mac decide?
8. What could Maisie have done to keep Mac in Los Angeles with her?
9. What is the only question that Fainy asks about his job?
10. What happens on the train ride to Chicago that Mac takes?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)