|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
(a) Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Benjamin Freelby.
(d) Fred Joop.
2. Eleanor gets the project of decorating the house of _________.
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) Annabelle Strang.
(c) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Samuel Clemens.
3. What does Charley do with the pills?
(a) Gives them to Emiscah.
(b) Flushes them down a toilet.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Eats them himself.
4. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
(a) American Federation of Labor.
(b) Standard Oil Company.
(c) President's entourage.
(d) Mexican Tribune.
5. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
6. Who comes to work for Ward in New York?
(a) Edgar Robbins.
(b) Fainy Mackintosh.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Annabelle Strang.
7. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can have her freedom back.
(b) She can leave New York.
(c) She can live in her friend's house.
(d) She is mentioned in the will.
8. In what industry in Pittsburgh is Mr. McGill involved?
9. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
(b) San Diego.
(c) St. Paul.
10. Who sends Ward a letter telling him that the real estate industry in Ocean City is booming?
(a) Colonel Wedgewood.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Mark Stromwell.
(d) Dr. Strang.
11. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is a society girl.
(c) She sleeps around.
(d) She is destitute.
12. Who takes Janey to dinner and proposes marriage to her?
(a) Fainy McCreary.
(b) G.H. Barrow.
(c) Eliza John.
(d) Mr. McGill.
13. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(b) St. Paul.
(c) San Diego.
14. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
15. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
(a) In Florida.
(b) In Mexico.
(c) In Washington.
(d) In Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Eleanor and Eveline be doing to help their friend on his new play?
2. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
3. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
4. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
5. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)