|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can live in her friend's house.
(b) She can have her freedom back.
(c) She can leave New York.
(d) She is mentioned in the will.
2. Eleanor gets the project of decorating the house of _________.
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) Gertrude Stein.
(c) Samuel Clemens.
(d) J. Ward Moorehouse.
3. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Smelley Richards.
(b) Bantam Books.
(c) Metropolitan Art.
(d) Schuster and Simon.
4. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
5. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(a) San Diego.
(c) St. Paul.
6. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
(a) United Automobile Workers.
(c) Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(d) Carnegie Mellon University.
7. Who does Ward start to date in Pittsburgh?
(a) Meg Whitman.
(b) Margaret Wood.
(c) Barbara Taylor.
(d) Gertrude Staple.
8. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
(a) A Rolls Royce.
(b) A Chevy sedan.
(c) A red stutz roadster.
(d) A Pontiac convertible.
9. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
(a) San Domingo.
(c) Vera Cruz.
(d) Mexico City.
10. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Penny Cluse.
(b) Mrs. Fields.
(c) Miss Eliza Perkins.
(d) Lara Schultz.
11. How much rent will Janey have to pay as a boarder?
(a) Ten dollars a week.
(b) Fifteen dollars a week.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) Thirty dollars a week.
12. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
(a) The Pittsburgh Coal Miners Union.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce Information Bureau.
(c) The Automobile Workers Association.
(d) The Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
13. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She is a society girl.
(b) She sleeps around.
(c) She is destitute.
(d) She is pregnant.
14. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
15. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
2. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
3. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
4. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
5. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)