|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
(a) American Federation of Labor.
(b) President's entourage.
(c) Standard Oil Company.
(d) Mexican Tribune.
2. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
3. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) United Nations.
(b) San Francisco Tribune.
(c) Mexican Herald.
(d) New York Times.
4. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can have her freedom back.
(b) She is mentioned in the will.
(c) She can live in her friend's house.
(d) She can leave New York.
5. Where is Charley Anderson from?
(a) Billings, Montana.
(b) St. Joseph, Michigan.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Fargo, North Dakota.
6. Who buys book stock from Mac?
(a) A Mexican.
(b) A Swiss.
(c) An Egyptian.
(d) A Syrian.
7. Who helps Johnny get a job at the New York Herald?
(a) Mr. Strang.
(b) Mr. Sinclair.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Mr. Hill.
8. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(a) San Diego.
(b) St. Paul.
9. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) Ben Stowell.
(c) J. Ward.
(d) Mark Korski.
10. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Schuster and Simon.
(b) Metropolitan Art.
(c) Smelley Richards.
(d) Bantam Books.
11. What does Mac become a part owner of?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A restaurant.
12. When the train arrives in New York, how does Janey travel to reach her new office?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By bus.
(c) On foot.
(d) By car.
13. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
(d) Yellow fever.
14. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
(a) Annabelle's father.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) Ward's family.
15. What does Charley do with the pills?
(a) Flushes them down a toilet.
(b) Gives them to Emiscah.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Eats them himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
2. Who comes to work for Ward in New York?
3. What is Janey's new role at Moorehouse's company?
4. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
5. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)