|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Eleanor meet while looking at paintings at the Art Institute?
(a) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Annabelle Strang.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Eveline Hutchins.
2. To whom did Charley become engaged at Christmas?
3. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
4. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
5. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
(a) Mark Korski.
(b) J. Ward.
(c) Ben Stowell.
(d) Annabelle Strang.
6. In what industry in Pittsburgh is Mr. McGill involved?
7. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Benjamin Freelby.
(d) Fred Joop.
8. Who sends Ward a letter telling him that the real estate industry in Ocean City is booming?
(a) Mark Stromwell.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Colonel Wedgewood.
(d) Dr. Strang.
9. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(b) St. Paul.
(d) San Diego.
10. What does Charley do with the pills?
(a) Gives them to Emiscah.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Eats them himself.
(d) Flushes them down a toilet.
11. Who is Mac's coworker in Mexico?
12. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
(a) President Harrison.
(b) Bob La Follette.
(c) Samuel Clemens.
(d) Mr. McGill.
13. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(a) Answering the phone.
(c) Technical support.
14. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Smelley Richards.
(b) Bantam Books.
(c) Schuster and Simon.
(d) Metropolitan Art.
15. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
2. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
3. What is the name of the man who occupies the upper berth of the train compartment that Janey is traveling in?
4. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
5. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)