|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
2. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
3. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
4. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
(a) New York.
(b) Ocean City.
5. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Annabelle's father.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) Ward's family.
6. Who is the friend that contacts Eleanor and Eveline to come and assist him on a play?
(a) Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Freddy Sergent.
(c) Tom Custis.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
7. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Schuster and Simon.
(b) Bantam Books.
(c) Smelley Richards.
(d) Metropolitan Art.
8. In his meeting with McGill to address the strike, what does Ward propose?
(a) To combat with weapons.
(b) To infiltrate the striking group with spies.
(c) An industry wide information bureau.
(d) To arrest the assembled demonstrators.
9. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Go to Europe for a year.
(c) Go on a shopping spree.
(d) Buy a sailboat.
10. What is Janey's new role at Moorehouse's company?
(a) Lab assistant.
(c) Dental hygenist.
(d) Personal secretary.
11. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
(a) Twin Cities.
12. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To move in together.
(b) To start an interior decorating business together.
(c) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
(d) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
13. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
(a) A tram and boat ticket.
(b) A train and boat ticket.
(c) A ferry and plane ticket.
(d) A plane and bus ticket.
14. Who buys book stock from Mac?
(a) A Swiss.
(b) A Mexican.
(c) An Egyptian.
(d) A Syrian.
15. Who is Mac's coworker in Mexico?
Short Answer Questions
1. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
2. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
3. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
4. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
5. Where is Charley Anderson from?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)