|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Eleanor and Eveline be doing to help their friend on his new play?
(a) Finding actors.
(b) Reading his lines.
(c) Finding locations to shoot.
(d) Making sets and costumes.
2. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
3. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) San Francisco.
4. Who sends Ward a letter telling him that the real estate industry in Ocean City is booming?
(a) Colonel Wedgewood.
(b) Mark Stromwell.
(c) Dr. Strang.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
5. What does Mac become a part owner of?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A bookstore.
6. Who is the nephew of one of the directors at Ward's new job with whom he socializes?
(a) Mark Williams.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) Oliver Platt.
(d) Oliver Taylor.
7. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) Maurice Millet.
(c) Eveline Hutchins.
(d) J. Ward Moorehouse.
8. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
(a) Go on a shopping spree.
(b) Go to Europe for a year.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Buy a sailboat.
9. What does Charley do with the pills?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Eats them himself.
(c) Gives them to Emiscah.
(d) Flushes them down a toilet.
10. Who is Mac's coworker in Mexico?
11. In September, with whom does Janey move into a house?
(a) Fainy McCreary and his dog.
(b) Joseph and Mary Wilkes.
(c) Eliza Tingley and her brother.
(d) John Booth and his wife.
12. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Mr. Bruback's.
(b) Mr. Fields'.
(c) Miss Wiliams'.
(d) Mrs. Cook's.
13. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
14. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
15. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Miss Eliza Perkins.
(b) Penny Cluse.
(c) Mrs. Fields.
(d) Lara Schultz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
2. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
3. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
4. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
5. Who takes Janey to dinner and proposes marriage to her?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)