|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
(a) Fred Joop.
(b) Benjamin Freelby.
(c) Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
2. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
3. What will Eleanor and Eveline be doing to help their friend on his new play?
(a) Reading his lines.
(b) Finding actors.
(c) Finding locations to shoot.
(d) Making sets and costumes.
4. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
5. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Mrs. Cook's.
(b) Mr. Fields'.
(c) Mr. Bruback's.
(d) Miss Wiliams'.
6. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
(a) Yellow fever.
7. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the money they earned.
(b) All the contacts they expected.
(c) All the recognition they deserved.
(d) All the awards they expected.
8. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
(a) Bob La Follette.
(b) Mr. McGill.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Samuel Clemens.
9. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
(a) Susie and Eric.
(b) Max and Ernest.
(c) Ward and Gertrude.
(d) Janey and Will.
10. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
11. Eleanor gets the project of decorating the house of _________.
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) Gertrude Stein.
(d) J. Ward Moorehouse.
12. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She sleeps around.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is a society girl.
(d) She is destitute.
13. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Smelley Richards.
(b) Metropolitan Art.
(c) Bantam Books.
(d) Schuster and Simon.
14. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
(c) Jamaica Heights.
15. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
(a) Eric Ericstrom.
(b) Tom Custis.
(c) Leaf Whitaker.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
2. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
3. How much rent will Janey have to pay as a boarder?
4. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
5. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)