|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
(a) In Washington.
(b) In Florida.
(c) In Virginia.
(d) In Mexico.
2. Who is assigned to assist with Janey's getting situated in New York at her new job?
(a) Buck Saunders.
(b) Fainy McCreary.
(c) Gladys Compton.
(d) John Booth.
3. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
(a) The Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce Information Bureau.
(c) The Automobile Workers Association.
(d) The Pittsburgh Coal Miners Union.
4. When Ward marries and quits his job, he and his new wife hope for ________________________.
(a) Money from her mother.
(b) Winning the state lottery.
(c) The death of their competitor.
(d) A windfall inheritance from McGill.
5. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
(a) She snores a lot.
(b) She drinks a lot.
(c) She eats a lot.
(d) She swears a lot.
6. Mac goes to join ___________in Mexico.
(a) Standard Oil.
(c) United States Army.
7. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
(a) Travels alone.
(b) Gets a job.
(c) Terminates her pregnancy.
(d) Writes an old boyfriend.
8. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) Mexican Herald.
(b) United Nations.
(c) San Francisco Tribune.
(d) New York Times.
9. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
(a) Max and Ernest.
(b) Ward and Gertrude.
(c) Susie and Eric.
(d) Janey and Will.
10. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is very wealthy and conceited.
(c) She has been messing around with men.
(d) She is anorexic and depressed.
11. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
(a) North Clark Street.
(b) North Winooski Street.
(c) North Pine Street.
(d) North Union Street.
12. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
(a) A plane and bus ticket.
(b) A ferry and plane ticket.
(c) A tram and boat ticket.
(d) A train and boat ticket.
13. When Mac hears that rebels will be arriving in the city, whose government is expected to flee?
14. In what industry in Pittsburgh is Mr. McGill involved?
15. Who takes Janey to dinner and proposes marriage to her?
(a) Eliza John.
(b) Fainy McCreary.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) G.H. Barrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
2. What does Mac become a part owner of?
3. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
4. To whom did Charley become engaged at Christmas?
5. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)