|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Mr. Bruback's.
(b) Mrs. Cook's.
(c) Mr. Fields'.
(d) Miss Wiliams'.
2. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
(b) To start an interior decorating business together.
(c) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
(d) To move in together.
3. What will Eleanor and Eveline be doing to help their friend on his new play?
(a) Finding locations to shoot.
(b) Making sets and costumes.
(c) Finding actors.
(d) Reading his lines.
4. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the money they earned.
(b) All the awards they expected.
(c) All the recognition they deserved.
(d) All the contacts they expected.
5. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She is destitute.
(b) She is a society girl.
(c) She sleeps around.
(d) She is pregnant.
6. Who buys book stock from Mac?
(a) An Egyptian.
(b) A Mexican.
(c) A Swiss.
(d) A Syrian.
7. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
(c) Yellow fever.
8. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
(a) San Domingo.
(b) Vera Cruz.
(c) Mexico City.
9. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
10. Mac goes to join ___________in Mexico.
(a) Standard Oil.
(d) United States Army.
11. What does Charley do with the pills?
(a) Gives them to Emiscah.
(b) Flushes them down a toilet.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Eats them himself.
12. Where does Eric help Eleanor get a job at?
(c) Neiman Marcus.
(d) Marshall Fields.
13. When Mac hears that rebels will be arriving in the city, whose government is expected to flee?
14. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
(b) St. Paul.
(c) San Diego.
15. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
(a) The Pittsburgh Coal Miners Union.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce Information Bureau.
(c) The Automobile Workers Association.
(d) The Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
2. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
3. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
4. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
5. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)