|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She can occupy her friend's house.
(b) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
(c) She will be punished for being a parasite.
(d) She must leave immediately.
2. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
(a) She is very wealthy and conceited.
(b) She is anorexic and depressed.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has been messing around with men.
3. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
(a) Elizabeth and Jennifer.
(b) Margaret and Julie.
(c) Abby and Lucy.
(d) Svenson daughters.
4. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
5. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
(a) Tom Custis.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Leaf Whitaker.
(d) Eric Ericstrom.
6. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
(a) St. Paul.
(c) San Diego.
7. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
8. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
9. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Penny Cluse.
(b) Miss Eliza Perkins.
(c) Lara Schultz.
(d) Mrs. Fields.
10. What does Mac become a part owner of?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A bookstore.
11. Who comes to work for Ward in New York?
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) Edgar Robbins.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Fainy Mackintosh.
12. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(b) St. Paul.
(d) San Diego.
13. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
(a) Zapatistas Mexicanas.
(b) Futbal International.
(c) United Automobile Workers of America.
(d) United Fruit.
14. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can leave New York.
(b) She can have her freedom back.
(c) She can live in her friend's house.
(d) She is mentioned in the will.
15. Where does Joe take his date to see a show in pages 257-282?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the river mentioned in the Camera Eye section of pgs. 215-236?
2. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
3. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
4. Mac goes to join ___________in Mexico.
5. Who meets Eleanor and Eveline in New York?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)