|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) United Nations.
(b) Mexican Herald.
(c) San Francisco Tribune.
(d) New York Times.
2. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
3. When Ward marries and quits his job, he and his new wife hope for ________________________.
(a) Money from her mother.
(b) A windfall inheritance from McGill.
(c) The death of their competitor.
(d) Winning the state lottery.
4. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
(a) Carnegie Mellon University.
(b) United Automobile Workers.
(c) Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
5. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
(a) North Union Street.
(b) North Clark Street.
(c) North Pine Street.
(d) North Winooski Street.
6. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
7. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Marisa and Concha.
(c) Ben and Lucy.
(d) Annabelle and Gisele.
8. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She sleeps around.
(c) She is a society girl.
(d) She is destitute.
9. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
10. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
(a) Mexican Tribune.
(b) Standard Oil Company.
(c) President's entourage.
(d) American Federation of Labor.
11. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
(a) President Harrison.
(b) Bob La Follette.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) Samuel Clemens.
12. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
(d) Jamaica Heights.
13. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She is mentioned in the will.
(b) She can live in her friend's house.
(c) She can have her freedom back.
(d) She can leave New York.
14. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
15. What is Janey's new role at Moorehouse's company?
(a) Lab assistant.
(b) Dental hygenist.
(d) Personal secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
2. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
3. Who comes to work for Ward in New York?
4. Who does Ward start to date in Pittsburgh?
5. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)