|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Richard Carpenter.
(d) G. H. Barrow.
2. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To start an interior decorating business together.
(b) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
(c) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
(d) To move in together.
3. While Eleanor remains in New York, where does Eveline go?
4. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
5. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
(a) New York.
(d) Ocean City.
6. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
7. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
(a) Eric Ericstrom.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Tom Custis.
(d) Leaf Whitaker.
8. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
9. What does Mac become a part owner of?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A bookstore.
10. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
(a) A red stutz roadster.
(b) A Rolls Royce.
(c) A Pontiac convertible.
(d) A Chevy sedan.
11. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the contacts they expected.
(b) All the recognition they deserved.
(c) All the money they earned.
(d) All the awards they expected.
12. Where is Charley Anderson from?
(a) St. Joseph, Michigan.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Billings, Montana.
13. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
(b) Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(c) Carnegie Mellon University.
(d) United Automobile Workers.
14. Whom does Eleanor meet while looking at paintings at the Art Institute?
(a) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Annabelle Strang.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Eveline Hutchins.
15. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Vera Cruz.
(d) San Domingo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley do with the pills?
2. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
3. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
4. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
5. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)