|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
2. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
(b) Jamaica Heights.
3. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
(a) Abby and Lucy.
(b) Svenson daughters.
(c) Margaret and Julie.
(d) Elizabeth and Jennifer.
4. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
5. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
(d) Twin Cities.
6. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Bantam Books.
(b) Metropolitan Art.
(c) Smelley Richards.
(d) Schuster and Simon.
7. When the train arrives in New York, how does Janey travel to reach her new office?
(a) By bus.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By car.
(d) On foot.
8. Who does Ward start to date in Pittsburgh?
(a) Gertrude Staple.
(b) Meg Whitman.
(c) Margaret Wood.
(d) Barbara Taylor.
9. When Mac hears that rebels will be arriving in the city, whose government is expected to flee?
10. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
(b) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
(c) To start an interior decorating business together.
(d) To move in together.
11. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(a) Technical support.
(d) Answering the phone.
12. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Mr. Fields'.
(b) Mrs. Cook's.
(c) Mr. Bruback's.
(d) Miss Wiliams'.
13. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
(a) Yellow fever.
14. What will Eleanor and Eveline be doing to help their friend on his new play?
(a) Finding locations to shoot.
(b) Finding actors.
(c) Reading his lines.
(d) Making sets and costumes.
15. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Annabelle and Gisele.
(b) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Marisa and Concha.
(d) Ben and Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
2. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
3. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
4. In September, with whom does Janey move into a house?
5. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)