|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) Mexican Herald.
(b) San Francisco Tribune.
(c) United Nations.
(d) New York Times.
2. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
3. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She will be punished for being a parasite.
(b) She must leave immediately.
(c) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
(d) She can occupy her friend's house.
4. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(b) Technical support.
(d) Answering the phone.
5. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
(a) G. H. Barrow.
(b) Richard Carpenter.
(c) Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
6. What is Janey's new role at Moorehouse's company?
(b) Dental hygenist.
(c) Personal secretary.
(d) Lab assistant.
7. How much rent will Janey have to pay as a boarder?
(a) Thirty dollars a week.
(b) Fifty dollars a week.
(c) Ten dollars a week.
(d) Fifteen dollars a week.
8. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
(b) Jamaica Heights.
9. Who buys book stock from Mac?
(a) A Syrian.
(b) An Egyptian.
(c) A Swiss.
(d) A Mexican.
10. Where is Charley Anderson from?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Billings, Montana.
(d) St. Joseph, Michigan.
11. Where does Eric help Eleanor get a job at?
(c) Neiman Marcus.
(d) Marshall Fields.
12. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) St. Louis.
13. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can have her freedom back.
(b) She can leave New York.
(c) She can live in her friend's house.
(d) She is mentioned in the will.
14. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She is destitute.
(b) She sleeps around.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is a society girl.
15. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Penny Cluse.
(b) Miss Eliza Perkins.
(c) Mrs. Fields.
(d) Lara Schultz.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
2. While Eleanor remains in New York, where does Eveline go?
3. What is the name of the man who occupies the upper berth of the train compartment that Janey is traveling in?
4. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
5. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)