|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charley Anderson from?
(a) St. Joseph, Michigan.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Fargo, North Dakota.
(d) Billings, Montana.
2. In his meeting with McGill to address the strike, what does Ward propose?
(a) To combat with weapons.
(b) To infiltrate the striking group with spies.
(c) An industry wide information bureau.
(d) To arrest the assembled demonstrators.
3. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
(a) Samuel Clemens.
(b) Bob La Follette.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) President Harrison.
4. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
5. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
(a) Svenson daughters.
(b) Margaret and Julie.
(c) Abby and Lucy.
(d) Elizabeth and Jennifer.
6. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Richard Carpenter.
(c) Ward Moorehouse.
(d) G. H. Barrow.
7. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) United Nations.
(b) Mexican Herald.
(c) San Francisco Tribune.
(d) New York Times.
8. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
9. Whom does Eleanor meet while looking at paintings at the Art Institute?
(a) Eveline Hutchins.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Annabelle Strang.
(d) J. Ward Moorehouse.
10. Eleanor gets the project of decorating the house of _________.
(a) Gertrude Stein.
(b) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Annabelle Strang.
(d) Samuel Clemens.
11. When Mac hears that rebels will be arriving in the city, whose government is expected to flee?
12. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
(a) She snores a lot.
(b) She swears a lot.
(c) She eats a lot.
(d) She drinks a lot.
13. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
(c) New York.
(d) Ocean City.
14. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
(a) In Virginia.
(b) In Florida.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In Washington.
15. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
2. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
3. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
4. Who meets Eleanor and Eveline in New York?
5. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)