|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) St. Louis.
2. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Penny Cluse.
(b) Mrs. Fields.
(c) Miss Eliza Perkins.
(d) Lara Schultz.
3. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
(a) A tram and boat ticket.
(b) A plane and bus ticket.
(c) A ferry and plane ticket.
(d) A train and boat ticket.
4. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) J. Ward.
(c) Mark Korski.
(d) Ben Stowell.
5. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
(a) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Annabelle Strang.
(c) Maurice Millet.
(d) Eveline Hutchins.
6. Who is the friend that contacts Eleanor and Eveline to come and assist him on a play?
(a) Tom Custis.
(b) Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Freddy Sergent.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
7. How much rent will Janey have to pay as a boarder?
(a) Ten dollars a week.
(b) Fifty dollars a week.
(c) Fifteen dollars a week.
(d) Thirty dollars a week.
8. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
(a) Mr. McGill.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Bob La Follette.
9. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
(a) She is anorexic and depressed.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is very wealthy and conceited.
(d) She has been messing around with men.
10. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Ben and Lucy.
(b) Marisa and Concha.
(c) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Annabelle and Gisele.
11. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) Mexican Herald.
(b) San Francisco Tribune.
(c) New York Times.
(d) United Nations.
12. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
(b) Twin Cities.
13. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
(a) North Winooski Street.
(b) North Clark Street.
(c) North Union Street.
(d) North Pine Street.
14. Where is Charley Anderson from?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) St. Joseph, Michigan.
(c) Billings, Montana.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
15. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
(a) Carnegie Mellon University.
(b) Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(d) United Automobile Workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Eleanor and Eveline be doing to help their friend on his new play?
2. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
3. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
4. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
5. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)