|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mac hears that rebels will be arriving in the city, whose government is expected to flee?
2. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
(a) United Automobile Workers of America.
(b) United Fruit.
(c) Futbal International.
(d) Zapatistas Mexicanas.
3. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Ben and Lucy.
(b) Marisa and Concha.
(c) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Annabelle and Gisele.
4. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(a) Answering the phone.
(c) Technical support.
5. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
(b) She can occupy her friend's house.
(c) She will be punished for being a parasite.
(d) She must leave immediately.
6. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
(a) J. Ward.
(b) Mark Korski.
(c) Ben Stowell.
(d) Annabelle Strang.
7. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
(a) American Federation of Labor.
(b) Mexican Tribune.
(c) Standard Oil Company.
(d) President's entourage.
8. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Mr. Fields'.
(b) Mrs. Cook's.
(c) Miss Wiliams'.
(d) Mr. Bruback's.
9. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) St. Louis.
10. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
(a) Ward and Gertrude.
(b) Max and Ernest.
(c) Susie and Eric.
(d) Janey and Will.
11. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Bantam Books.
(b) Schuster and Simon.
(c) Smelley Richards.
(d) Metropolitan Art.
12. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
(a) Margaret and Julie.
(b) Svenson daughters.
(c) Elizabeth and Jennifer.
(d) Abby and Lucy.
13. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
14. While Eleanor remains in New York, where does Eveline go?
15. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the recognition they deserved.
(b) All the money they earned.
(c) All the contacts they expected.
(d) All the awards they expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
2. Where is Charley Anderson from?
3. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
4. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
5. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)