|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
2. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
3. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
4. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(b) Answering the phone.
(d) Technical support.
5. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
6. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
7. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She is destitute.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is a society girl.
(d) She sleeps around.
8. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To start an interior decorating business together.
(b) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
(c) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
(d) To move in together.
9. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
10. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Schuster and Simon.
(b) Bantam Books.
(c) Metropolitan Art.
(d) Smelley Richards.
11. Eleanor gets the project of decorating the house of _________.
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Samuel Clemens.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
12. Who is Mac's coworker in Mexico?
13. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
(a) Mr. McGill.
(b) Annabelle's father.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Ward's family.
14. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(c) St. Paul.
(d) San Diego.
15. Who is the nephew of one of the directors at Ward's new job with whom he socializes?
(a) Mark Williams.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) Oliver Taylor.
(d) Oliver Platt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
2. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
3. What does Mac become a part owner of?
4. Where is Charley Anderson from?
5. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)