|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Charley become engaged at Christmas?
2. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
(d) Yellow fever.
3. What does Mac become a part owner of?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A restaurant.
4. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Benjamin Freelby.
(d) Fred Joop.
5. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) St. Louis.
6. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
7. Who helps Johnny get a job at the New York Herald?
(a) Mr. Strang.
(b) Mr. Hill.
(c) Mr. Sinclair.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
8. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
9. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Lara Schultz.
(b) Penny Cluse.
(c) Mrs. Fields.
(d) Miss Eliza Perkins.
10. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
(a) In Virginia.
(b) In Washington.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In Florida.
11. Who takes Janey to dinner and proposes marriage to her?
(a) Fainy McCreary.
(b) Eliza John.
(c) G.H. Barrow.
(d) Mr. McGill.
12. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
(a) Svenson daughters.
(b) Elizabeth and Jennifer.
(c) Margaret and Julie.
(d) Abby and Lucy.
13. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
(a) Richard Carpenter.
(b) Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) G. H. Barrow.
14. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Ben and Lucy.
(b) Annabelle and Gisele.
(c) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Marisa and Concha.
15. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the recognition they deserved.
(b) All the contacts they expected.
(c) All the awards they expected.
(d) All the money they earned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
2. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
3. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
4. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
5. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)