|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Eleanor remains in New York, where does Eveline go?
2. When the train arrives in New York, how does Janey travel to reach her new office?
(a) By bus.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By car.
(d) On foot.
3. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
4. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the money they earned.
(b) All the contacts they expected.
(c) All the awards they expected.
(d) All the recognition they deserved.
5. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Miss Wiliams'.
(b) Mrs. Cook's.
(c) Mr. Bruback's.
(d) Mr. Fields'.
6. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
(a) Terminates her pregnancy.
(b) Travels alone.
(c) Gets a job.
(d) Writes an old boyfriend.
7. Where does Eric help Eleanor get a job at?
(a) Neiman Marcus.
(b) Marshall Fields.
8. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
(a) St. Paul.
(d) San Diego.
9. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Lara Schultz.
(b) Mrs. Fields.
(c) Miss Eliza Perkins.
(d) Penny Cluse.
10. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
(a) North Pine Street.
(b) North Winooski Street.
(c) North Clark Street.
(d) North Union Street.
11. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
(a) The Chamber of Commerce Information Bureau.
(b) The Automobile Workers Association.
(c) The Pittsburgh Coal Miners Union.
(d) The Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
12. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Annabelle and Gisele.
(c) Marisa and Concha.
(d) Ben and Lucy.
13. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
(a) Tom Custis.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Eric Ericstrom.
(d) Leaf Whitaker.
14. How much rent will Janey have to pay as a boarder?
(a) Fifteen dollars a week.
(b) Fifty dollars a week.
(c) Ten dollars a week.
(d) Thirty dollars a week.
15. With whom does Mac enjoy discussing politics that works in the oil industry?
(a) Mark Korski.
(b) Ben Stowell.
(c) Annabelle Strang.
(d) J. Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny disturbed to find out about Annabelle on the day that they sail?
2. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
3. Mac goes to join ___________in Mexico.
4. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
5. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)