|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
(a) Futbal International.
(b) Zapatistas Mexicanas.
(c) United Automobile Workers of America.
(d) United Fruit.
2. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
(a) A Chevy sedan.
(b) A Rolls Royce.
(c) A red stutz roadster.
(d) A Pontiac convertible.
3. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can have her freedom back.
(b) She is mentioned in the will.
(c) She can leave New York.
(d) She can live in her friend's house.
4. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
5. For whom does Mac throw a party when his business partner is very successful?
(a) Annabelle and Gisele.
(b) Barrow and J. Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Marisa and Concha.
(d) Ben and Lucy.
6. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
(a) Elizabeth and Jennifer.
(b) Margaret and Julie.
(c) Svenson daughters.
(d) Abby and Lucy.
7. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
8. What is the name of the river mentioned in the Camera Eye section of pgs. 215-236?
(a) Amazon River.
(b) Magdalena River.
(c) Thames River.
(d) Nile River.
9. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She can occupy her friend's house.
(b) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
(c) She must leave immediately.
(d) She will be punished for being a parasite.
10. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Ward's family.
(c) Annabelle's father.
(d) Mr. McGill.
11. In his meeting with McGill to address the strike, what does Ward propose?
(a) To infiltrate the striking group with spies.
(b) To arrest the assembled demonstrators.
(c) An industry wide information bureau.
(d) To combat with weapons.
12. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
(c) Twin Cities.
13. Eleanor gets the project of decorating the house of _________.
(a) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) Annabelle Strang.
(d) Gertrude Stein.
14. Where does Joe take his date to see a show in pages 257-282?
15. Who is Mac's coworker in Mexico?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
2. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
3. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
4. Who is assigned to assist with Janey's getting situated in New York at her new job?
5. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)