|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
(a) She is a society girl.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She sleeps around.
(d) She is destitute.
2. When Ward marries and quits his job, he and his new wife hope for ________________________.
(a) The death of their competitor.
(b) Money from her mother.
(c) Winning the state lottery.
(d) A windfall inheritance from McGill.
3. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
(b) To start an interior decorating business together.
(c) To move in together.
(d) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
4. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
(a) Leaf Whitaker.
(b) Tom Custis.
(c) Eric Ericstrom.
(d) Mr. Oppenheimer.
5. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
6. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Miss Eliza Perkins.
(b) Penny Cluse.
(c) Mrs. Fields.
(d) Lara Schultz.
7. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
8. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
(b) New York.
(d) Ocean City.
9. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
(a) A Chevy sedan.
(b) A Pontiac convertible.
(c) A red stutz roadster.
(d) A Rolls Royce.
10. Who buys book stock from Mac?
(a) An Egyptian.
(b) A Mexican.
(c) A Swiss.
(d) A Syrian.
11. In the News Reel about Minor C. Fields, what is the name of the company he formed?
(a) United Automobile Workers of America.
(b) Futbal International.
(c) Zapatistas Mexicanas.
(d) United Fruit.
12. Who meets Eleanor and Eveline in New York?
13. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Mrs. Cook's.
(b) Mr. Bruback's.
(c) Miss Wiliams'.
(d) Mr. Fields'.
14. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
15. Who aids Mac in his new business venture?
Short Answer Questions
1. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
2. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
3. Who comes to work for Ward in New York?
4. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
5. What is the name of the river mentioned in the Camera Eye section of pgs. 215-236?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)