|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
2. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
(a) In Washington.
(b) In Mexico.
(c) In Florida.
(d) In Virginia.
3. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
4. Who is assigned to assist with Janey's getting situated in New York at her new job?
(a) John Booth.
(b) Buck Saunders.
(c) Fainy McCreary.
(d) Gladys Compton.
5. Who meets Eleanor and Eveline in New York?
6. In his meeting with McGill to address the strike, what does Ward propose?
(a) To arrest the assembled demonstrators.
(b) An industry wide information bureau.
(c) To combat with weapons.
(d) To infiltrate the striking group with spies.
7. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
(b) Ocean City.
(d) New York.
8. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(a) San Diego.
(c) St. Paul.
9. Who sends Ward a letter telling him that the real estate industry in Ocean City is booming?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Mark Stromwell.
(c) Colonel Wedgewood.
(d) Dr. Strang.
10. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
(a) United Automobile Workers.
(c) Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(d) Carnegie Mellon University.
11. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
(a) Writes an old boyfriend.
(b) Travels alone.
(c) Gets a job.
(d) Terminates her pregnancy.
12. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
13. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the contacts they expected.
(b) All the recognition they deserved.
(c) All the money they earned.
(d) All the awards they expected.
14. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(a) Answering the phone.
(b) Technical support.
15. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
(a) Max and Ernest.
(b) Janey and Will.
(c) Susie and Eric.
(d) Ward and Gertrude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the friend that contacts Eleanor and Eveline to come and assist him on a play?
2. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
3. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
4. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
5. What is the story that circulates about Eleanor when she starts her first job?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)