|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
2. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
(d) Twin Cities.
3. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
(a) Elizabeth and Jennifer.
(b) Svenson daughters.
(c) Abby and Lucy.
(d) Margaret and Julie.
4. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
(a) St. Paul.
(d) San Diego.
5. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
6. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She must leave immediately.
(b) She can occupy her friend's house.
(c) She will be punished for being a parasite.
(d) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
7. Who is assigned to assist with Janey's getting situated in New York at her new job?
(a) John Booth.
(b) Gladys Compton.
(c) Fainy McCreary.
(d) Buck Saunders.
8. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) United Nations.
(b) San Francisco Tribune.
(c) Mexican Herald.
(d) New York Times.
9. What is Janey's new role at Moorehouse's company?
(a) Lab assistant.
(c) Dental hygenist.
(d) Personal secretary.
10. Where does Janey go to her sister's wedding?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) St. Louis.
11. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can leave New York.
(b) She can live in her friend's house.
(c) She is mentioned in the will.
(d) She can have her freedom back.
12. Who is Mac's coworker in Mexico?
13. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(c) Answering the phone.
(d) Technical support.
14. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
(a) All the recognition they deserved.
(b) All the contacts they expected.
(c) All the awards they expected.
(d) All the money they earned.
15. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
(a) Penny Cluse.
(b) Lara Schultz.
(c) Mrs. Fields.
(d) Miss Eliza Perkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
2. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
3. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
4. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
5. Eleanor gets the project of decorating the house of _________.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)