|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Janey and Moorehouse return to the United States in a private train car, with whom do they travel?
2. Who cuts a trip short in Europe because of the threat of war?
(a) Janey and Will.
(b) Susie and Eric.
(c) Max and Ernest.
(d) Ward and Gertrude.
3. Who buys book stock from Mac?
(a) A Syrian.
(b) An Egyptian.
(c) A Mexican.
(d) A Swiss.
4. Where does Eleanor's friend Eric Enstrom live?
(a) North Pine Street.
(b) North Union Street.
(c) North Winooski Street.
(d) North Clark Street.
5. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Miss Wiliams'.
(b) Mr. Bruback's.
(c) Mrs. Cook's.
(d) Mr. Fields'.
6. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
(c) Ocean City.
(d) New York.
7. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
8. Who comes to work for Ward in New York?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Edgar Robbins.
(c) Fainy Mackintosh.
(d) Annabelle Strang.
9. After finishing eighth grade, where does Charley go to work with his brother for the summer?
(d) Twin Cities.
10. What does Charley do with the pills?
(a) Gives them to Emiscah.
(b) Flushes them down a toilet.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Eats them himself.
11. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She can occupy her friend's house.
(b) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
(c) She will be punished for being a parasite.
(d) She must leave immediately.
12. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
(a) United Automobile Workers.
(b) Carnegie Mellon University.
(c) Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
13. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
(a) The Pittsburgh Coal Miners Union.
(b) The Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(c) The Chamber of Commerce Information Bureau.
(d) The Automobile Workers Association.
14. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
(c) Jamaica Heights.
15. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
(a) Bantam Books.
(b) Schuster and Simon.
(c) Smelley Richards.
(d) Metropolitan Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
2. After graduating high school, where did Charley move?
3. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
4. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
5. Whom did Charley and Ed Walter date from the amusement park?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)