|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
(a) She has been messing around with men.
(b) She is very wealthy and conceited.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is anorexic and depressed.
2. Who offers Charley pills to terminate a pregnancy?
3. What is the name of the man who occupies the upper berth of the train compartment that Janey is traveling in?
(a) John Booth.
(b) Samuel Clemens.
(c) Buck Saunders.
(d) Fainy McCreary.
4. Where is Charley Anderson from?
(a) St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) St. Joseph, Michigan.
(d) Billings, Montana.
5. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
6. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
7. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
(a) A red stutz roadster.
(b) A Chevy sedan.
(c) A Pontiac convertible.
(d) A Rolls Royce.
8. What organization does Mac want to join by meeting legitimate Mexican arrivals?
(a) Mexican Tribune.
(b) President's entourage.
(c) American Federation of Labor.
(d) Standard Oil Company.
9. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Annabelle's father.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) Ward's family.
10. Who is assigned to assist with Janey's getting situated in New York at her new job?
(a) Fainy McCreary.
(b) John Booth.
(c) Buck Saunders.
(d) Gladys Compton.
11. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
(a) The Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce Information Bureau.
(c) The Automobile Workers Association.
(d) The Pittsburgh Coal Miners Union.
12. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
(a) Eveline Hutchins.
(b) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(c) Maurice Millet.
(d) Annabelle Strang.
13. What does Charley do with the pills?
(a) Eats them himself.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Gives them to Emiscah.
(d) Flushes them down a toilet.
14. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
15. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Johnny get a job at the New York Herald?
2. To whom did Charley become engaged at Christmas?
3. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
4. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
5. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)