|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Eleanor money to start her own business in New York?
2. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
(a) Vera Cruz.
(b) Mexico City.
(d) San Domingo.
3. While Eleanor remains in New York, where does Eveline go?
4. Who sends Ward a letter telling him that the real estate industry in Ocean City is booming?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Dr. Strang.
(c) Mark Stromwell.
(d) Colonel Wedgewood.
5. Who is in charge of the production of the play?
(a) Benjamin Freelby.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Fred Joop.
(d) Ward Moorehouse.
6. What causes Charley to be hospitalized?
(d) Yellow fever.
7. According to the Americans, where can Mac find work?
(a) New York Times.
(b) United Nations.
(c) San Francisco Tribune.
(d) Mexican Herald.
8. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
(a) Gets a job.
(b) Writes an old boyfriend.
(c) Travels alone.
(d) Terminates her pregnancy.
9. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
(a) In Virginia.
(b) In Florida.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In Washington.
10. Who meets Eleanor and Eveline in New York?
11. In Shoreham, what does a woman tell Janey that they need assistance with in one of the rooms?
(a) Answering the phone.
(b) Technical support.
12. What does Johnny overhear a bellboy say about Annabelle?
(a) She has been messing around with men.
(b) She is anorexic and depressed.
(c) She is very wealthy and conceited.
(d) She is pregnant.
13. What kinds of tickets does Mac buy?
(a) A train and boat ticket.
(b) A plane and bus ticket.
(c) A tram and boat ticket.
(d) A ferry and plane ticket.
14. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
15. Mac goes to join ___________in Mexico.
(a) Standard Oil.
(d) United States Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
2. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
3. When Janey is upset by the pro-German atmosphere at her law firm, she quits and goes to work for a new company. What is the new company called?
4. Where does Joe take his date to see a show in pages 257-282?
5. Where did Mr. McGill promise to give Ward a job?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)