|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
(a) A lecture by Upton Sinclair.
(b) A film by Rodriguez.
(c) A performance by Frank Sinatra.
(d) A speech by Harrison.
2. When Mac moves to San Diego, what kind of work does he do?
(a) Works at an ad printer.
(b) Works at a bakery.
(c) Works for a law firm.
(d) Works for a marijuana dealer.
3. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
(a) A child.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A priest.
(d) An old man.
4. At whose print shop in San Francisco does Mac get a job?
5. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
(a) He got sick and was hospitalized.
(b) He was drafted into the war.
(c) He was failing school.
(d) His father was injured and unemployed.
6. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she has to work.
(b) Why she is moody.
(c) Why she does not like children.
(d) Why she is not married.
7. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
(a) Be an actor.
(b) Be a dancer.
(c) Be a songwriter.
(d) Be a film producer.
8. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is behind on the office rent.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He is very cruel.
9. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
(a) An estate.
(b) A boat.
(c) A job.
(d) A house.
10. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
(a) The Zapatistas.
(b) The Anarchist Union of Industry.
(c) The AAA.
(d) The Mexicanas Spirituas.
11. What is Mac's real name?
(a) Miguel Dos Passos.
(b) Fainy McCreary.
(c) General Harrision.
(d) Scott Columbine.
12. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
13. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
(a) He spends a lot.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He is a bad tailor.
(d) He is a great tailor.
14. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
(a) Mark Fitzburg.
(b) Lisa Stromwell.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Annabelle Marie Strang.
15. When Mac's Uncle Tim dies, what does Mac do that angers his wife?
(a) Takes money out of the kids' accounts.
(b) Leaves her permanently.
(c) Quits his job and become depressed.
(d) Skips the funeral and goes to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
2. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
3. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
4. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
5. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)