|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
(a) Lancaster and Bruback.
(b) Dreyfus and Carrol.
(c) Miller and Hill.
(d) Schumann and Fox.
2. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To his house.
(b) To his mother's.
(c) To a funeral home.
(d) To the cleaners.
3. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
4. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
(a) Mrs. Saginaw.
(b) Mrs. Kovach.
(c) Mr. Crealy.
(d) Mr. Rush.
5. What does Johnny do in his new job?
(a) Purchases property for the firm.
(b) Sells advertising for real estate.
(c) Writes advertising for real estate.
(d) Negotiates with lawyers.
6. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
(a) Great Falls.
(d) Whitewater Rapids.
7. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(b) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
8. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
9. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
(a) Marisa Smith.
(c) Manny Booth.
(d) George Hall.
10. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Fifty dollars a week.
(b) Fifteen dollars a week.
(c) Twenty dollars a month.
(d) Forty dollars a month.
11. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
12. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) College classes.
(b) Cooking lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) Long evening walks.
13. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
(b) Tate Museum.
(d) Mohawk House.
14. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
15. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
(a) Fred Hoff.
(b) Lucy Hammond.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) President Harrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
2. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
3. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
4. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
5. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)