|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
(a) Maisie Hall.
(b) Fred Hoff.
(c) De Passos.
(d) Professor Ferrer.
2. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At McGraw Hill.
(b) At Metro Goldwyn.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At the Times.
3. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
(a) Free food.
(b) A constitution.
(c) His crown.
(d) Unlimited access to media.
4. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
5. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
(a) The Anarchist Union of Industry.
(b) The Zapatistas.
(c) The Mexicanas Spirituas.
(d) The AAA.
6. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) Lucy Hammond.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Fred Hoff.
7. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In the glove compartment.
(b) In a vault.
(d) In a suitcase.
8. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
(a) Dos Passos and Lucy.
(b) Milly and Chad.
(c) Scott and Mac.
(d) Harrison and Fainy.
9. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
10. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mr. Montaigue's office.
(b) Mrs. Robinson's office.
(c) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
(d) Mr. Smith's office.
11. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
12. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) Long evening walks.
(b) Cooking lessons.
(c) College classes.
(d) Dance lessons.
13. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tsunami.
14. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
15. Who is the lawyer that stays in touch with Janey even after he leaves the firm?
(a) David Carol.
(b) Mark Schieffer.
(c) Jason Bruback.
(d) Jerry Burnham.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
2. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
3. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
4. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
5. Where does the train bound for San Francisco take Ike and Fainy?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)