|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
(a) Miller and Hill.
(b) Dreyfus and Carrol.
(c) Schumann and Fox.
(d) Lancaster and Bruback.
2. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
(a) His crown.
(b) A constitution.
(c) Unlimited access to media.
(d) Free food.
3. Who interviews Fainy?
(a) Mary Wiggins.
(b) Manny Kovach.
(c) Doc Bingham.
4. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) De Passo and Steve.
(b) Harrison and Pew.
(c) Lucy and Mary.
(d) Gladys and Olive.
5. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
(a) He spends a lot.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He is a bad tailor.
(d) He is a great tailor.
6. When Mac moves to San Diego, what kind of work does he do?
(a) Works at an ad printer.
(b) Works for a law firm.
(c) Works for a marijuana dealer.
(d) Works at a bakery.
7. The real estate company sends Johnny on business to _____________.
(a) Ocean City, Maryland.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) San Francisco, California.
8. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
(b) Mr. Montaigue's office.
(c) Mr. Smith's office.
(d) Mrs. Robinson's office.
9. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she is moody.
(b) Why she does not like children.
(c) Why she has to work.
(d) Why she is not married.
10. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By train.
(b) By horse and wagon.
(c) By subway.
(d) By car.
11. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At the theater.
(b) At Metro Goldwyn.
(c) At McGraw Hill.
(d) At the Times.
12. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
(b) Mill worker.
(c) Night watchman.
13. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
(a) A lecture by Upton Sinclair.
(b) A film by Rodriguez.
(c) A performance by Frank Sinatra.
(d) A speech by Harrison.
14. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
(b) Industrial Workers of the World.
15. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny do in his new job?
2. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
3. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
4. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
5. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)