|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to sell books and pamphlets to men inside the railroad cars?
(a) Manny Binghman.
(b) Fainy Crealy.
(c) Saginaw Rush.
(d) Doc Mary.
2. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
(a) Break into a bank.
(b) Hop freight trains.
(c) Win at cards.
(d) Bake bread.
3. What is Mac's real name?
(a) Miguel Dos Passos.
(b) Fainy McCreary.
(c) General Harrision.
(d) Scott Columbine.
4. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mr. Montaigue's office.
(b) Mr. Smith's office.
(c) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
(d) Mrs. Robinson's office.
5. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is very cruel.
(c) He is behind on the office rent.
(d) He is wealthy.
6. What does Maisie tell Mac in her letter to him?
(a) She is sick and dying.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is pregnant and wants to get married.
(d) She is lonely and misses him.
7. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
8. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
(a) The Zapatistas.
(b) The AAA.
(c) The Anarchist Union of Industry.
(d) The Mexicanas Spirituas.
9. What is the opening newsreel clip about?
(a) The birth of Harrison.
(b) The closing of Capital City's Century.
(c) The death of McCreary.
(d) The cobblestone mansion where Miles lives.
10. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
(a) Dos Passos and Lucy.
(b) Harrison and Fainy.
(c) Scott and Mac.
(d) Milly and Chad.
11. Who interviews Fainy?
(a) Doc Bingham.
(b) Mary Wiggins.
(c) Manny Kovach.
12. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At McGraw Hill.
(b) At the Times.
(c) At Metro Goldwyn.
(d) At the theater.
13. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
14. The real estate company sends Johnny on business to _____________.
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Wilmington, Delaware.
(c) Ocean City, Maryland.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
15. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she has to work.
(b) Why she is not married.
(c) Why she does not like children.
(d) Why she is moody.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
2. How many boxes does the tailor give Fainy?
3. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
4. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
5. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)