|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
2. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
3. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
(b) Lucy Hammond.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Ben Evans.
4. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At McGraw Hill.
(b) At Metro Goldwyn.
(c) At the Times.
(d) At the theater.
5. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Forty dollars a month.
(b) Twenty dollars a month.
(c) Fifteen dollars a week.
(d) Fifty dollars a week.
6. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
(c) District Lawyers.
(d) Capital Hill.
7. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
(a) Milly and Chad.
(b) Harrison and Fainy.
(c) Scott and Mac.
(d) Dos Passos and Lucy.
8. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
(a) Break into a bank.
(b) Bake bread.
(c) Win at cards.
(d) Hop freight trains.
9. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
(a) Man At Sea.
(b) Man Without a Country.
(c) Underwater Adventures.
(d) Moby Dick.
10. At whose print shop in San Francisco does Mac get a job?
11. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
(a) At a lumber camp.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a detention facility.
(d) At a hostel.
12. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
(a) George Hall.
(b) Manny Booth.
(d) Marisa Smith.
13. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she is not married.
(b) Why she does not like children.
(c) Why she is moody.
(d) Why she has to work.
14. Where does Janey's father go for treatment for cancer?
(a) John Hopkins.
(b) Maryland University.
(c) Georgetown Hospital.
(d) Mayo Clinic.
15. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
(a) Free food.
(b) Unlimited access to media.
(c) His crown.
(d) A constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
2. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
3. Where does the train bound for San Francisco take Ike and Fainy?
4. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
5. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)