|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In a suitcase.
(b) In a vault.
(d) In the glove compartment.
2. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
(a) New York City.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) St. Paul.
3. What does Mac do when he arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Gets baptized.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Shaves his head.
(d) Marries Maisie.
4. Who does Mac meet in Mexico that talks to him about the revolution there?
(a) Bill Evans.
(b) Professor Ferrer.
(c) Richard Perez.
5. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
(b) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
(c) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
(d) How they built a time machine.
6. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
(a) Fred Hoff.
(b) Bill Haywood.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
7. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A tsunami.
(d) An earthquake.
8. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) Long evening walks.
(b) Cooking lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) College classes.
9. The real estate company sends Johnny on business to _____________.
(a) St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Ocean City, Maryland.
(c) Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) San Francisco, California.
10. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To his mother's.
(b) To the cleaners.
(c) To his house.
(d) To a funeral home.
11. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
(a) A car that can fly.
(b) Hybrid plants.
(c) A cure for cancer.
(d) New technology.
12. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
13. When Mac's Uncle Tim dies, what does Mac do that angers his wife?
(a) Leaves her permanently.
(b) Takes money out of the kids' accounts.
(c) Skips the funeral and goes to a party.
(d) Quits his job and become depressed.
14. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) Lucy and Mary.
(b) Harrison and Pew.
(c) De Passo and Steve.
(d) Gladys and Olive.
15. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
(a) He was drafted into the war.
(b) His father was injured and unemployed.
(c) He got sick and was hospitalized.
(d) He was failing school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
2. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
3. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
4. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
5. What does Johnny do in his new job?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)