|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
2. What does Johnny do in his new job?
(a) Purchases property for the firm.
(b) Sells advertising for real estate.
(c) Negotiates with lawyers.
(d) Writes advertising for real estate.
3. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To a funeral home.
(b) To his house.
(c) To the cleaners.
(d) To his mother's.
4. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By subway.
(d) By horse and wagon.
5. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
(b) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
(c) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
(d) How they built a time machine.
6. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
(a) At a lumber camp.
(b) At a detention facility.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a hostel.
7. What does Mac feel sad about leaving behind when they leave for Chicago?
(a) His parents.
(b) The familiar.
(c) The dog.
(d) His toys.
8. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Forty dollars a month.
(b) Fifteen dollars a week.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) Twenty dollars a month.
9. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) President Harrison.
(c) Fred Hoff.
(d) Lucy Hammond.
10. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
(b) Capital Hill.
(d) District Lawyers.
11. What does the son of the woman who owns a farmhouse sneak into the barn to buy?
(b) A book on sex.
12. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
13. How many boxes does the tailor give Fainy?
14. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
(a) Whitewater Rapids.
(b) Great Falls.
15. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) Lucy and Mary.
(b) Gladys and Olive.
(c) Harrison and Pew.
(d) De Passo and Steve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
2. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
3. What does Mac do when he arrives in San Francisco?
4. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
5. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)