|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
(b) How they built a time machine.
(c) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
(d) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
2. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
3. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
(a) Mark Fitzburg.
(b) Annabelle Marie Strang.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Lisa Stromwell.
4. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
(b) Industrial Workers of the World.
5. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By subway.
(b) By car.
(c) By horse and wagon.
(d) By train.
6. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
(a) Be a dancer.
(b) Be a film producer.
(c) Be an actor.
(d) Be a songwriter.
7. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Paris, France.
(c) In Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) In Washington D.C.
8. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
(a) President Harrison.
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) Fred Hoff.
(d) Lucy Hammond.
9. What does Maisie tell Mac in her letter to him?
(a) She is sick and dying.
(b) She is pregnant and wants to get married.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is lonely and misses him.
10. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mrs. Robinson's office.
(b) Mr. Smith's office.
(c) Mr. Montaigue's office.
(d) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
11. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she has to work.
(b) Why she does not like children.
(c) Why she is not married.
(d) Why she is moody.
12. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To his house.
(b) To a funeral home.
(c) To the cleaners.
(d) To his mother's.
13. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
(a) President Harrison.
(b) Fred Hoff.
(c) Bill Haywood.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
14. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
15. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
(a) A cure for cancer.
(b) Hybrid plants.
(c) A car that can fly.
(d) New technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
2. Who is the Commanding General?
3. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
4. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
5. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)