|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Vodka and rum.
(b) Nettles and chamomile.
(c) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
(d) Prunes and melons.
2. Where does Janey's father go for treatment for cancer?
(a) Georgetown Hospital.
(b) Mayo Clinic.
(c) Maryland University.
(d) John Hopkins.
3. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is very cruel.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is behind on the office rent.
(d) He is wealthy.
4. Where does the train bound for San Francisco take Ike and Fainy?
(b) San Diego.
5. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
(b) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
(c) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
(d) How they built a time machine.
6. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
(a) Man Without a Country.
(b) Underwater Adventures.
(c) Man At Sea.
(d) Moby Dick.
7. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
(a) In Wilmington, Delaware.
(b) In New York City.
(c) In Paris, France.
(d) In Washington D.C.
8. Who interviews Fainy?
(a) Doc Bingham.
(b) Manny Kovach.
(d) Mary Wiggins.
9. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
10. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
11. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
(a) Tate Museum.
(c) Mohawk House.
12. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At McGraw Hill.
(b) At Metro Goldwyn.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At the Times.
13. What does Johnny's new job offer him as pay?
(a) Free food and lodging only.
(b) Four thousand dollars a month.
(c) Access to the university.
(d) Fifteen dollars a week and a furnished cottage.
14. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
(a) His father was injured and unemployed.
(b) He was drafted into the war.
(c) He got sick and was hospitalized.
(d) He was failing school.
15. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
(c) Great Falls.
(d) Whitewater Rapids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
2. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
3. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
4. Janey plans on moving after high school with her friend ______________.
5. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)