|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
(a) Mark Fitzburg.
(b) Lisa Stromwell.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Annabelle Marie Strang.
2. Who tries to sell books and pamphlets to men inside the railroad cars?
(a) Fainy Crealy.
(b) Doc Mary.
(c) Saginaw Rush.
(d) Manny Binghman.
3. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(b) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(c) The birth of new technology and advancements.
(d) The dominance of America and American thought.
4. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A priest.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
5. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) Lucy and Mary.
(b) De Passo and Steve.
(c) Harrison and Pew.
(d) Gladys and Olive.
6. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
(a) A For Sale sign.
(b) A golf course.
(c) A bulldozer.
(d) A mansion.
7. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A tsunami.
8. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
(a) The Zapatistas.
(b) The AAA.
(c) The Mexicanas Spirituas.
(d) The Anarchist Union of Industry.
9. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she is not married.
(b) Why she is moody.
(c) Why she does not like children.
(d) Why she has to work.
10. What does Johnny do in his new job?
(a) Purchases property for the firm.
(b) Writes advertising for real estate.
(c) Sells advertising for real estate.
(d) Negotiates with lawyers.
11. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By horse and wagon.
(d) By subway.
12. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
(c) Las Vegas.
13. Janey plans on moving after high school with her friend ______________.
(a) Mark Sketter.
(b) Alice Dick.
(c) Margaret Smith.
(d) Laurie Hall.
14. Who is the Commanding General?
15. How many boxes does the tailor give Fainy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
2. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
3. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
4. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
5. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)