|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose print shop in San Francisco does Mac get a job?
2. Where was Moorehouse a top salesman?
(a) A cell phone company.
(b) A software company.
(c) A book distributing ﬁrm.
(d) A shoe company.
3. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At the theater.
(b) At McGraw Hill.
(c) At the Times.
(d) At Metro Goldwyn.
4. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
(a) Attic of his dad's house.
(b) Roof of his house.
(c) Backyard of a frame house.
(d) Bathroom of his aunt's mansion.
5. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
(a) Be an actor.
(b) Be a film producer.
(c) Be a songwriter.
(d) Be a dancer.
6. What does Johnny do in his new job?
(a) Sells advertising for real estate.
(b) Writes advertising for real estate.
(c) Purchases property for the firm.
(d) Negotiates with lawyers.
7. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
8. At Thanksgiving, where is Mac?
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
9. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
(a) New Mexico train station.
(b) Illinois Central train station.
(c) Grand Central train station.
(d) Pacific Northwest train station.
10. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A tsunami.
11. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A For Sale sign.
(c) A golf course.
(d) A bulldozer.
12. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Forty dollars a month.
(b) Fifty dollars a week.
(c) Twenty dollars a month.
(d) Fifteen dollars a week.
13. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Vodka and rum.
(b) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
(c) Prunes and melons.
(d) Nettles and chamomile.
14. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she is not married.
(b) Why she has to work.
(c) Why she is moody.
(d) Why she does not like children.
15. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
(a) A governess.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) A Frenchman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
2. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
3. What does Mac feel sad about leaving behind when they leave for Chicago?
4. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
5. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)