Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) Long evening walks.
(b) Cooking lessons.
(c) Dance lessons.
(d) College classes.
2. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In the glove compartment.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In a suitcase.
3. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
(a) General Fox.
(b) Deputy Sheriff Williams.
(c) Master Strang.
(d) Colonel Wedgewood.
4. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
(c) Dos Passos.
5. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
(a) He was drafted into the war.
(b) He got sick and was hospitalized.
(c) He was failing school.
(d) His father was injured and unemployed.
6. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) President Harrison.
(c) Bill Haywood.
(d) Fred Hoff.
7. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
8. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
(a) Manny Booth.
(c) Marisa Smith.
(d) George Hall.
9. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At the Times.
(b) At Metro Goldwyn.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At McGraw Hill.
10. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
(a) Illinois Central train station.
(b) Pacific Northwest train station.
(c) Grand Central train station.
(d) New Mexico train station.
11. What does Maisie tell Mac in her letter to him?
(a) She is sick and dying.
(b) She is lonely and misses him.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is pregnant and wants to get married.
12. In News Reel II, what is the event discussed concerning George Smith and his brother?
(a) How they were hanged by a Kansas mob.
(b) How they robbed a bank in Cincinnati.
(c) How they built a time machine.
(d) How they turned to evil to avenge the death of their mother.
13. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
(a) Her father.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) A governess.
(d) Her neighbor.
14. What does the son of the woman who owns a farmhouse sneak into the barn to buy?
(a) A book on sex.
15. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) Ben Evans.
(d) Lucy Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to sell books and pamphlets to men inside the railroad cars?
2. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
3. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
4. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
5. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)