|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To his house.
(b) To a funeral home.
(c) To the cleaners.
(d) To his mother's.
2. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) A governess.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her father.
3. What is the opening newsreel clip about?
(a) The cobblestone mansion where Miles lives.
(b) The birth of Harrison.
(c) The closing of Capital City's Century.
(d) The death of McCreary.
4. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
(a) Ben Evans.
(b) Lucy Hammond.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
5. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
(a) Mark Fitzburg.
(b) Lisa Stromwell.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Annabelle Marie Strang.
6. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
(a) The Mexicanas Spirituas.
(b) The AAA.
(c) The Anarchist Union of Industry.
(d) The Zapatistas.
7. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
(a) St. Paul.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
8. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
(a) Lancaster and Bruback.
(b) Schumann and Fox.
(c) Dreyfus and Carrol.
(d) Miller and Hill.
9. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
(b) Night watchman.
(d) Mill worker.
10. Who does Mac meet in Mexico that talks to him about the revolution there?
(a) Bill Evans.
(b) Professor Ferrer.
(d) Richard Perez.
11. At whose print shop in San Francisco does Mac get a job?
12. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) A tornado.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A tsunami.
13. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
(a) A speech by Harrison.
(b) A lecture by Upton Sinclair.
(c) A performance by Frank Sinatra.
(d) A film by Rodriguez.
14. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Forty dollars a month.
(b) Fifteen dollars a week.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) Twenty dollars a month.
15. What does Johnny do in his new job?
(a) Negotiates with lawyers.
(b) Writes advertising for real estate.
(c) Purchases property for the firm.
(d) Sells advertising for real estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
2. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
3. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
4. What does Mac feel sad about leaving behind when they leave for Chicago?
5. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)