|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) Her father.
(c) A governess.
(d) Her neighbor.
2. At Thanksgiving, where is Mac?
(a) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
3. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Twenty dollars a month.
(b) Forty dollars a month.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) Fifteen dollars a week.
4. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
5. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mr. Montaigue's office.
(b) Mrs. Robinson's office.
(c) Mr. Smith's office.
(d) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
6. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
(b) Mill worker.
(c) Night watchman.
7. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
8. Janey plans on moving after high school with her friend ______________.
(a) Mark Sketter.
(b) Margaret Smith.
(c) Laurie Hall.
(d) Alice Dick.
9. After Joe's friend dies in a motorcycle accident, what does Joe plan to do?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Go to medical school.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Enlist in the Navy.
10. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(b) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(c) The birth of new technology and advancements.
(d) The dominance of America and American thought.
11. Who is the lawyer that stays in touch with Janey even after he leaves the firm?
(a) Jerry Burnham.
(b) David Carol.
(c) Mark Schieffer.
(d) Jason Bruback.
12. Who does Mac meet in Mexico that talks to him about the revolution there?
(a) Professor Ferrer.
(b) Bill Evans.
(c) Richard Perez.
13. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
14. When Mac is waiting to hop a freight train, whom does he meet?
(a) A child.
(b) A young woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A priest.
15. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
(c) Whitewater Rapids.
(d) Great Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
2. Who interviews Fainy?
3. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
4. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
5. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)