|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York City.
(d) St. Paul.
2. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
(c) Capital Hill.
(d) District Lawyers.
3. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
(a) A governess.
(b) Her father.
(c) A Frenchman.
(d) Her neighbor.
4. Where does Fainy take the boxes?
(b) Mohawk House.
(c) Tate Museum.
5. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) Harrison and Pew.
(b) De Passo and Steve.
(c) Lucy and Mary.
(d) Gladys and Olive.
6. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
(a) Scott and Mac.
(b) Dos Passos and Lucy.
(c) Milly and Chad.
(d) Harrison and Fainy.
7. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
(a) Bathroom of his aunt's mansion.
(b) Roof of his house.
(c) Backyard of a frame house.
(d) Attic of his dad's house.
8. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Vodka and rum.
(b) Nettles and chamomile.
(c) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
(d) Prunes and melons.
9. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To the cleaners.
(b) To his house.
(c) To his mother's.
(d) To a funeral home.
10. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The dominance of America and American thought.
(b) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(c) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(d) The birth of new technology and advancements.
11. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
(b) Industrial Workers of the World.
12. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
(a) Lisa Stromwell.
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) Mark Fitzburg.
(d) Annabelle Marie Strang.
13. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(b) In the glove compartment.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In a suitcase.
14. How many boxes does the tailor give Fainy?
15. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
(a) Lucy Hammond.
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) Ben Evans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
2. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
3. What is the 42nd parallel about?
4. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
5. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)