|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By subway.
(b) By train.
(c) By horse and wagon.
(d) By car.
2. Where does Janey's father go for treatment for cancer?
(a) Maryland University.
(b) Georgetown Hospital.
(c) Mayo Clinic.
(d) John Hopkins.
3. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His aunt's.
4. What is the opening newsreel clip about?
(a) The birth of Harrison.
(b) The cobblestone mansion where Miles lives.
(c) The closing of Capital City's Century.
(d) The death of McCreary.
5. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mr. Smith's office.
(b) Mrs. Robinson's office.
(c) Mr. Montaigue's office.
(d) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
6. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In a vault.
(c) In a suitcase.
(d) In the glove compartment.
7. What does Mac do when he arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Shaves his head.
(b) Gets baptized.
(c) Marries Maisie.
(d) Gets drunk.
8. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
9. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
(b) Nettles and chamomile.
(c) Prunes and melons.
(d) Vodka and rum.
10. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
(a) Bill Haywood.
(b) Fred Hoff.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Upton Sinclair.
11. Who is the lawyer that stays in touch with Janey even after he leaves the firm?
(a) David Carol.
(b) Mark Schieffer.
(c) Jerry Burnham.
(d) Jason Bruback.
12. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Twenty dollars a month.
(b) Fifteen dollars a week.
(c) Fifty dollars a week.
(d) Forty dollars a month.
13. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
(a) He is in debt.
(b) He spends a lot.
(c) He is a great tailor.
(d) He is a bad tailor.
14. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
(a) The Mexicanas Spirituas.
(b) The Anarchist Union of Industry.
(c) The Zapatistas.
(d) The AAA.
15. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
(d) Dos Passos.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
2. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
3. Where was Moorehouse a top salesman?
4. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
5. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)