|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
(a) Master Strang.
(b) General Fox.
(c) Colonel Wedgewood.
(d) Deputy Sheriff Williams.
2. In the Camera Eye, who tries to catch a train?
(a) Dos Passos and Lucy.
(b) Scott and Mac.
(c) Milly and Chad.
(d) Harrison and Fainy.
3. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
(a) Mr. Smith's office.
(b) Mrs. Robinson's office.
(c) Mr. Waterhouse's office.
(d) Mr. Montaigue's office.
4. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
5. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
(a) A job.
(b) An estate.
(c) A house.
(d) A boat.
6. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By subway.
(b) By horse and wagon.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
7. When Mac's Uncle Tim dies, what does Mac do that angers his wife?
(a) Skips the funeral and goes to a party.
(b) Takes money out of the kids' accounts.
(c) Leaves her permanently.
(d) Quits his job and become depressed.
8. Who interviews Fainy?
(a) Manny Kovach.
(c) Mary Wiggins.
(d) Doc Bingham.
9. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
(a) Dos Passos.
10. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In the glove compartment.
(c) In a vault.
(d) In a suitcase.
11. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
(a) Pacific Northwest train station.
(b) Grand Central train station.
(c) Illinois Central train station.
(d) New Mexico train station.
12. Where was Moorehouse a top salesman?
(a) A book distributing ﬁrm.
(b) A cell phone company.
(c) A software company.
(d) A shoe company.
13. At Thanksgiving, where is Mac?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
14. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is behind on the office rent.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is very cruel.
(d) He is wealthy.
15. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
(a) Fred Hoff.
(b) De Passos.
(c) Professor Ferrer.
(d) Maisie Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
2. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
3. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
4. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
5. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)