|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At Metro Goldwyn.
(b) At the theater.
(c) At the Times.
(d) At McGraw Hill.
2. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
(a) Professor Ferrer.
(b) De Passos.
(c) Maisie Hall.
(d) Fred Hoff.
3. After Joe's friend dies in a motorcycle accident, what does Joe plan to do?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Enlist in the Navy.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Go to medical school.
4. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His aunt's.
(b) His mother's.
(c) His father's.
(d) His brother's.
5. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A tsunami.
6. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
(a) Pacific Northwest train station.
(b) Grand Central train station.
(c) Illinois Central train station.
(d) New Mexico train station.
7. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) Cooking lessons.
(b) College classes.
(c) Long evening walks.
(d) Dance lessons.
8. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
(a) Lancaster and Bruback.
(b) Dreyfus and Carrol.
(c) Miller and Hill.
(d) Schumann and Fox.
9. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
10. What does Johnny ask Annabelle when they spend time together?
(a) If she loved him.
(b) If she could marry someone like him.
(c) If she loved someone else.
(d) If she would leave with him.
11. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
(a) Be an actor.
(b) Be a dancer.
(c) Be a songwriter.
(d) Be a film producer.
12. At whose print shop in San Francisco does Mac get a job?
13. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) De Passo and Steve.
(b) Lucy and Mary.
(c) Harrison and Pew.
(d) Gladys and Olive.
14. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
(a) Mill worker.
(d) Night watchman.
15. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
Short Answer Questions
1. What meeting place of revolutionaries does Mac visit in Mexico?
2. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
3. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
4. Who interviews Fainy?
5. Who does Mac meet in Mexico that talks to him about the revolution there?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)