|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the son of the woman who owns a farmhouse sneak into the barn to buy?
(c) A book on sex.
2. When Mac is a child, what is he afraid of?
3. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
(a) Maisie Hall.
(b) De Passos.
(c) Professor Ferrer.
(d) Fred Hoff.
4. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By subway.
(d) By horse and wagon.
5. Who tries to sell books and pamphlets to men inside the railroad cars?
(a) Saginaw Rush.
(b) Fainy Crealy.
(c) Manny Binghman.
(d) Doc Mary.
6. Who does Mac meet in Mexico that talks to him about the revolution there?
(b) Professor Ferrer.
(c) Bill Evans.
(d) Richard Perez.
7. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
8. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
(d) Dos Passos.
9. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
10. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
(a) Gladys and Olive.
(b) Lucy and Mary.
(c) Harrison and Pew.
(d) De Passo and Steve.
11. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
12. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
(a) A bulldozer.
(b) A golf course.
(c) A mansion.
(d) A For Sale sign.
13. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
(a) At a lumber camp.
(b) At a detention facility.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a hostel.
14. What does Johnny ask Annabelle when they spend time together?
(a) If she would leave with him.
(b) If she loved someone else.
(c) If she could marry someone like him.
(d) If she loved him.
15. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
(a) Industrial Workers of the World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the opening newsreel clip about?
2. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
3. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
4. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
5. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)