|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 304 - 323.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
(a) Play the gramophone.
(b) Take a bath.
(c) Sing in the choir.
(d) Fight in a wrestling match.
2. When he was in Pittsburgh, at whose house did Ward lodge?
(a) Mr. Bruback's.
(b) Miss Wiliams'.
(c) Mr. Fields'.
(d) Mrs. Cook's.
3. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
(a) Go on a shopping spree.
(b) Go to Europe for a year.
(c) Buy a sailboat.
(d) Buy a house.
4. How does Charley travel to New Orleans?
(a) By plane.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
5. In the brief bio section of the Newsreel in pages 283-304, whose biography is discussed?
(a) Samuel Clemens.
(b) Bob La Follette.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) President Harrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose garage did Charley work in for the summer?
2. Who tries to sell books and pamphlets to men inside the railroad cars?
3. According to Charley's new fiance, who is the father of her child?
4. In September, with whom does Janey move into a house?
5. While Eleanor remains in New York, where does Eveline go?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)