|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 304 - 323.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who occupies the upper berth of the train compartment that Janey is traveling in?
(a) Buck Saunders.
(b) John Booth.
(c) Fainy McCreary.
(d) Samuel Clemens.
2. Where did Charley work as a machinist's assistant?
(a) San Diego.
(b) St. Paul.
3. Who is the man at the Hotel Continental that offers Janey a new job?
(a) Ward Moorehouse.
(b) G. H. Barrow.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Richard Carpenter.
4. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
(a) She must leave immediately.
(b) She can occupy her friend's house.
(c) She will be punished for being a parasite.
(d) She received a diamond brooch in the will.
5. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
2. Who is the lawyer that stays in touch with Janey even after he leaves the firm?
3. When the train arrives in New York, how does Janey travel to reach her new office?
4. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
5. With whom does Charley travel to Peoria that is a friend from a wobbly meeting?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)