|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 232-257.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To move in together.
(b) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
(c) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
(d) To start an interior decorating business together.
2. When Mac stays at a Y.M.C.A., where does he lock his money?
(a) In a suitcase.
(c) In the glove compartment.
(d) In a vault.
3. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
(a) Roof of his house.
(b) Attic of his dad's house.
(c) Backyard of a frame house.
(d) Bathroom of his aunt's mansion.
4. While Johnny works at a real estate office, what does he really want to do?
(a) Be a film producer.
(b) Be a songwriter.
(c) Be a dancer.
(d) Be an actor.
5. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
(a) He is a bad tailor.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He is a great tailor.
(d) He spends a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
2. When the play closes after two weeks, what does Eleanor and Eveline fail to receive?
3. Janey and her friend get jobs as typists at ____________.
4. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
5. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)