|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 232-257.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her wealthy friend dies, what does Eleanor secretly hope for?
(a) She can have her freedom back.
(b) She is mentioned in the will.
(c) She can live in her friend's house.
(d) She can leave New York.
2. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
3. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
(a) Lancaster and Bruback.
(b) Dreyfus and Carrol.
(c) Miller and Hill.
(d) Schumann and Fox.
4. When Ward sees McGill at a Kiwanis Convention, what position does McGill tell him about?
5. What does Maisie tell Mac in her letter to him?
(a) She is sick and dying.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is pregnant and wants to get married.
(d) She is lonely and misses him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interviews Fainy?
2. Where does Concha plan on fleeing with the arrival of the rebels in the city?
3. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
4. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
5. Who is the lawyer that stays in touch with Janey even after he leaves the firm?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)