|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 193 - 214.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the train bound for San Francisco take Ike and Fainy?
(c) San Diego.
2. What does Johnny do in his new job?
(a) Sells advertising for real estate.
(b) Writes advertising for real estate.
(c) Negotiates with lawyers.
(d) Purchases property for the firm.
3. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(b) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
4. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The dominance of America and American thought.
(b) The birth of new technology and advancements.
(c) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(d) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
5. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
(a) Eveline Hutchins.
(b) Maurice Millet.
(c) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Annabelle Strang.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
2. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
3. Where is Eleanor Stoddard born and raised?
4. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
5. The real estate company sends Johnny on business to _____________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)