|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 193 - 214.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The real estate company sends Johnny on business to _____________.
(a) Wilmington, Delaware.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Ocean City, Maryland.
2. Whom does Eleanor meet while looking at paintings at the Art Institute?
(a) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(b) Annabelle Strang.
(c) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Eveline Hutchins.
3. What does Mac do when he arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Marries Maisie.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Shaves his head.
(d) Gets baptized.
4. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
(a) Mrs. Saginaw.
(b) Mr. Crealy.
(c) Mrs. Kovach.
(d) Mr. Rush.
5. Who helps Johnny get a job at the New York Herald?
(a) Mr. Sinclair.
(b) Mr. Hill.
(c) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(d) Mr. Strang.
Short Answer Questions
1. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
2. When Ward marries and quits his job, he and his new wife hope for ________________________.
3. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
4. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
5. Who is the wealthy socialite that Eleanor starts to hang out with frequently?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)