|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 193 - 214.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(b) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
2. What does Annabelle do without telling Ward that disturbs him?
(a) Terminates her pregnancy.
(b) Gets a job.
(c) Travels alone.
(d) Writes an old boyfriend.
3. Who is the lawyer that stays in touch with Janey even after he leaves the firm?
(a) David Carol.
(b) Mark Schieffer.
(c) Jason Bruback.
(d) Jerry Burnham.
4. Johnny often finds Annabelle in the company of _____________.
(a) Her father.
(b) A Frenchman.
(c) A governess.
(d) Her neighbor.
5. What do Johnny and Annabelle decide to do after they get married?
(a) Buy a sailboat.
(b) Go on a shopping spree.
(c) Go to Europe for a year.
(d) Buy a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mac meet in Mexico that talks to him about the revolution there?
2. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
3. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
4. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
5. After Joe's friend dies in a motorcycle accident, what does Joe plan to do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)