|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 131-150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to sell books and pamphlets to men inside the railroad cars?
(a) Fainy Crealy.
(b) Manny Binghman.
(c) Doc Mary.
(d) Saginaw Rush.
2. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
(a) At a lumber camp.
(b) At a detention facility.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a hostel.
3. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
(a) Roof of his house.
(b) Backyard of a frame house.
(c) Attic of his dad's house.
(d) Bathroom of his aunt's mansion.
4. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Fight in a wrestling match.
(c) Play the gramophone.
(d) Sing in the choir.
5. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
(a) Ben Evans.
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Lucy Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Janey postcards when she is twenty-one?
2. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
3. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
4. For which patent attorneys does Janey go to work?
5. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)