|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 131-150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
(a) In Wilmington, Delaware.
(b) In New York City.
(c) In Washington D.C.
(d) In Paris, France.
2. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Vodka and rum.
(b) Nettles and chamomile.
(c) Prunes and melons.
(d) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
3. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
(a) Las Vegas.
4. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
5. What does Johnny ask Annabelle when they spend time together?
(a) If she could marry someone like him.
(b) If she would leave with him.
(c) If she loved him.
(d) If she loved someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Johnny meet on the train that is from a wealthy family?
2. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
3. What is the name of Mac and Maisie's first child?
4. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
5. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)