|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 131-150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The dominance of America and American thought.
(b) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(c) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(d) The birth of new technology and advancements.
2. Where does Janey like to go with her brother and his friends canoeing?
(c) Whitewater Rapids.
(d) Great Falls.
3. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
(a) Bathroom of his aunt's mansion.
(b) Roof of his house.
(c) Attic of his dad's house.
(d) Backyard of a frame house.
4. How many boxes does the tailor give Fainy?
5. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
(c) Industrial Workers of the World.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
2. Where do Ike and Fainy finally find work in Seattle?
3. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
4. What does Maisie tell Mac in her letter to him?
5. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)