|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 104-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Joe's friend dies in a motorcycle accident, what does Joe plan to do?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Enlist in the Navy.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Go to medical school.
2. What does Janey's mother fail to understand about her daughter?
(a) Why she is not married.
(b) Why she has to work.
(c) Why she does not like children.
(d) Why she is moody.
3. Who tries to sell books and pamphlets to men inside the railroad cars?
(a) Doc Mary.
(b) Manny Binghman.
(c) Fainy Crealy.
(d) Saginaw Rush.
4. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
5. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At McGraw Hill.
(b) At the Times.
(c) At the theater.
(d) At Metro Goldwyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
2. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
3. What is the natural disaster that occurs in San Francisco while Mac is there?
4. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
5. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)