|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 104-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe's friend that Janey has a crush on as a young girl?
2. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
(a) St. Paul.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York City.
3. What is the opening newsreel clip about?
(a) The birth of Harrison.
(b) The closing of Capital City's Century.
(c) The death of McCreary.
(d) The cobblestone mansion where Miles lives.
4. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(b) The dominance of America and American thought.
(c) The birth of new technology and advancements.
(d) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
5. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
(a) Play the gramophone.
(b) Sing in the choir.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Fight in a wrestling match.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many boxes does the tailor give Fainy?
2. Ike and Fainy meet ______________on the boat to Seattle.
3. What is the 42nd parallel about?
4. What does the Czar give the people of Russia surprisingly?
5. What is Mac's real name?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)