|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 104-131.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
2. Where does Mac find work finally in Los Angeles?
(a) At Metro Goldwyn.
(b) At McGraw Hill.
(c) At the Times.
(d) At the theater.
3. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(b) The dominance of America and American thought.
(c) The birth of new technology and advancements.
(d) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
4. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
(b) Mill worker.
(d) Night watchman.
5. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(d) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
2. When Mac moves to San Diego, what kind of work does he do?
3. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
4. After going to the theater one night, whom does Mac meet?
5. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)