|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 62-84.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
2. What does the son of the woman who owns a farmhouse sneak into the barn to buy?
(a) A book on sex.
3. Where does Mac meet Fred Hoff?
(a) A film by Rodriguez.
(b) A performance by Frank Sinatra.
(c) A speech by Harrison.
(d) A lecture by Upton Sinclair.
4. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(b) The dominance of America and American thought.
(c) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(d) The birth of new technology and advancements.
5. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
2. What is Mac's real name?
3. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
4. What is the opening newsreel clip about?
5. Who is the Commanding General?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)