|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 42-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The dominance of America and American thought.
(b) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(c) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(d) The birth of new technology and advancements.
2. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
(a) Play the gramophone.
(b) Sing in the choir.
(c) Fight in a wrestling match.
(d) Take a bath.
3. At whose house does Fainy stay when he sees Bingham being chased with a shotgun?
(a) Mrs. Kovach.
(b) Mr. Rush.
(c) Mrs. Saginaw.
(d) Mr. Crealy.
4. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(b) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(c) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(d) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
5. Who walks along a cobblestone path in the Camera Eye segment?
(b) Dos Passos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
2. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
3. When Ike goes to the house where his mother lived, what do they see there?
4. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
5. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)