|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 42-62.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To a funeral home.
(b) To his mother's.
(c) To the cleaners.
(d) To his house.
2. What is the 42nd parallel about?
(a) The lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
(b) The lives of ordinary Americans who inhabit the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(c) The lives of individuals who were driven from their homes on the meridian line called the 42nd parallel.
(d) The lives of extraordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
3. What is the opening newsreel clip about?
(a) The death of McCreary.
(b) The birth of Harrison.
(c) The cobblestone mansion where Miles lives.
(d) The closing of Capital City's Century.
4. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is very cruel.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is behind on the office rent.
5. Instead of having tea in Kew Gardens, what does Mr. Garnet want to do?
(a) Fight in a wrestling match.
(b) Play the gramophone.
(c) Sing in the choir.
(d) Take a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Commanding General?
2. What does Ike teach Fainy to do?
3. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
4. Who interviews Fainy?
5. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)