|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 257-282.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Janey to dinner and proposes marriage to her?
(a) Eliza John.
(b) Fainy McCreary.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) G.H. Barrow.
2. What kind of car does Ward purchase in Pittsburgh?
(a) A red stutz roadster.
(b) A Chevy sedan.
(c) A Rolls Royce.
(d) A Pontiac convertible.
3. Whom does Janey discourage from moving to New York?
4. Where does J. Ward Moorehouse grow up?
(a) In New York City.
(b) In Washington D.C.
(c) In Paris, France.
(d) In Wilmington, Delaware.
5. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ward marries and quits his job, he and his new wife hope for ________________________.
2. What is the name of Hoff's organization that Mac joins?
3. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
4. When Eleanor changes residences, who is her wealthy new friend?
5. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)