|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 257-282.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Johnny have to give up on his college in his second year?
(a) He was drafted into the war.
(b) His father was injured and unemployed.
(c) He was failing school.
(d) He got sick and was hospitalized.
2. What is the safest place to play for Mac when he is a child?
(a) Bathroom of his aunt's mansion.
(b) Roof of his house.
(c) Attic of his dad's house.
(d) Backyard of a frame house.
3. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
(a) The end of Communism in Soviet countries.
(b) The arrival of democracy in civilized nations.
(c) The dominance of America and American thought.
(d) The birth of new technology and advancements.
4. Where is Janey's new residence that she moves to in September located?
5. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
(a) Fred Hoff.
(b) Maisie Hall.
(c) De Passos.
(d) Professor Ferrer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Camera Eye section in pages 193-214, where does Dos Passos talk about life?
2. In the Camera Eye section of the News Reel, what is Mr. Garfied reading from while traveling on a frigate to foreign lands?
3. When Mac hears that rebels will be arriving in the city, whose government is expected to flee?
4. Where will Eleanor and Eveline be staying in New York as they start work?
5. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)