|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 257-282.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the nephew of one of the directors at Ward's new job with whom he socializes?
(a) Samuel Clemens.
(b) Oliver Taylor.
(c) Mark Williams.
(d) Oliver Platt.
2. Where does a strike occur that results in violence, press coverage, and investigations?
(a) Carnegie Mellon University.
(c) Pittsburgh Steel Plant.
(d) United Automobile Workers.
3. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His mother's.
(b) His father's.
(c) His aunt's.
(d) His brother's.
4. Who quarrels with Ward in his ofﬁce, threatening divorce?
5. Where does Fainy meet Bingham after saying goodbye to his family?
(a) Pacific Northwest train station.
(b) New Mexico train station.
(c) Grand Central train station.
(d) Illinois Central train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ike and Fainy want to go with the money they earn?
2. In what section of Washington, D.C. did Janey grow up?
3. What does Maisie's brother offer Maisie and Mac in Los Angeles?
4. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
5. What does Mrs. Smith tell Eleanor?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)