|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 85-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mac's Uncle Tim dies, what does Mac do that angers his wife?
(a) Takes money out of the kids' accounts.
(b) Skips the funeral and goes to a party.
(c) Quits his job and become depressed.
(d) Leaves her permanently.
2. What does Mac do when he arrives in San Francisco?
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Gets baptized.
(c) Shaves his head.
(d) Marries Maisie.
3. What does Fainy discover when he is waiting for Mannie Bingham?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is behind on the office rent.
(c) He is very cruel.
(d) He is wealthy.
4. How do Fainy and Bingham travel in Michigan?
(a) By subway.
(b) By train.
(c) By horse and wagon.
(d) By car.
5. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the train bound for San Francisco take Ike and Fainy?
2. What is the 42nd parallel about?
3. What does Mac's father do for a living at Chadwick Mills?
4. What individual is mentioned in pages 85-103 of the News Reel for being shot for his revolutionary activities?
5. In the news clip about Harrison's speech, what does the toast celebrate?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)