|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 85-103.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ike finds out that he has a venereal disease, what does a bum tell him to take for a cure?
(a) Vodka and rum.
(b) Nettles and chamomile.
(c) Tea made of cherry pits and stems.
(d) Prunes and melons.
2. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
(a) Forty dollars a month.
(b) Twenty dollars a month.
(c) Fifteen dollars a week.
(d) Fifty dollars a week.
3. Whose death forces Mac's family to move to Chicago?
(a) His aunt's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His father's.
4. When Fainy goes to the Gaylord railroad station, whom does he meet?
(a) Manny Booth.
(c) Marisa Smith.
(d) George Hall.
5. What is Fainy supposed to say if anyone asks where he is taking the boxes?
(a) To the cleaners.
(b) To his mother's.
(c) To his house.
(d) To a funeral home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
2. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
3. Whom does Mac meet in the park in Los Angeles that is an old friend of his?
4. Where is the demonstration against the Czar mentioned in News Reel II held?
5. What does Maisie tell Mac in her letter to him?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)