|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eleanor's French teacher dies, who replaces her?
(a) Annabelle Strang.
(b) Maurice Millet.
(c) J. Ward Moorehouse.
(d) Eveline Hutchins.
2. The real estate company sends Johnny on business to _____________.
(a) Ocean City, Maryland.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Wilmington, Delaware.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
3. What does Fainy discover about his new employer right away when he enters the tailor shop?
(a) He spends a lot.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He is a great tailor.
(d) He is a bad tailor.
4. Annabelle and Johnny begin to take _________________together.
(a) Cooking lessons.
(b) Dance lessons.
(c) Long evening walks.
(d) College classes.
5. After breaking off her engagement, what does Eveline propose to Eleanor?
(a) To move in together.
(b) To start an interior decorating business together.
(c) To buy a sewing machine and become a tailor.
(d) To tear down the old lady's house and sell the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the ad, what is the salary for the job for which Fainy interviews?
2. Who interviews Fainy?
3. Where does Eric help Eleanor get a job at?
4. With whom does Johnny meet at the Ocean City Improvement and Realty Company?
5. Who convinces Mac to stay another month in Nevada despite Maisie's moving letter?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)