|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pgs. 232-257.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mac become a part owner of?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. In the Camera Eye section, who became active in the labor union and the Socialist Party?
(a) Upton Sinclair.
(b) Bill Haywood.
(c) President Harrison.
(d) Fred Hoff.
3. What place do they go to first on their journey in Europe that Annabelle dislikes?
4. Who is suffering from financial problems because of a collapse in the real estate industry?
(a) Annabelle's father.
(b) Mr. Oppenheimer.
(c) Mr. McGill.
(d) Ward's family.
5. What does Maisie tell Mac in her letter to him?
(a) She is lonely and misses him.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is pregnant and wants to get married.
(d) She is sick and dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mac meet and become attracted to in San Francisco?
2. What is the name of the place in Nevada that Mac visits and meets union workers?
3. Who helps Johnny get a job at the New York Herald?
4. What does Johnny want to study so he can get a job overseas?
5. According to a News Reel, what did Luther Burbank develop?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)