• The 42nd parallel is about the lives of ordinary Americans living in and trapped by the time period in which they live.
• Miles is the Commanding General. In the opening Newsreel, he falls off his horse and gets back on it.
• The opening Newsreel is about the closing of Capital City's Century.
• There is also a clip about ex-President Harrison's speech and a toast celebrating the dominance of America and American thought.
• In the Camera Eye segment, Dos Passos walks along a cobblestone path.
• The Newsreel sets the stage for what was happening in the world at the time Mac was a child.
• Mac was born in Middleton, Connecticut, along with his sister Milly.
• It was a tough neighborhood. Being Irish, Mac had a problem with the local bullies.
• After the mother's death, the family moves to Chicago.
• They watch the familiar buildings and people for...
This section contains 3,146 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)