|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god feel in love with Ereshkigal, Queen of the Underworld?
2. To the Sumerians, the arrival of Marduk and Shar was______.
3. Why does Inanna go to the underworld?
4. How did Anu feel towards the Anunnaki that attempted a rebellion?
5. What begins to make the gods angry and causes them to decide to inflict their wrath on man (the Great Flood and Deluge)?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the gods land on Earth and take a look at what has been done, what did they find?
2. Why did Sitchin equate the planet Marduk with images of a winged globe in ancient artwork?
3. Where did the gods witness the flood from?
4. How did Sitchin justify his assertions that the gods wanted to use Earth for mines?
5. How long do the Nefilim live and how often do they visit?
6. What was Enlil's human son named?
7. Who were the Anunnaki and why did they become upset with the gods?
8. How was the length of life estimated by Sitchin?
9. What was Mount Ararat?
10. When the Nefilim landed on Earth, what was their first intention to do with the new planet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does SItchin's tone change throughout the 12TH PLANET?
Give three different tones he used in the book.
Next, give examples of the stylistic tone.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book Sitchin describe many gods and goddesses live up to ancient societal gender roles.
Using a god or goddess from the book, give an example of how he or she personifies the stereotype.
Are you using stereotypes that were prevalent in Mesopotamian culture or our society?
Essay Topic 3
1. Examine the theme of forgiveness among the Gods.
2. How did this mirror the theme of repentance and forgiveness found in Christianity?
3. How does Sitchin use this to tie Sumerian ritual and culture to Christianity?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)