|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What created a rivalry between Enlil and Enki?
2. The Sumerian Great Flood story, who does Enki inform of the impending flood?
3. Shar came back into orbit during what years?
4. Sitchin believes that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was really _________.
5. When does Sitchin estimate that the Nefilim's first landing on Earth was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Nefilim decide to go back to Earth?
2. As the gods land on Earth and take a look at what has been done, what did they find?
3. Why is Enlil furious that Utnapishtim and his family survived the Great Flood?
4. What was Ziggurats?
5. What was Mount Ararat?
6. Where did the gods witness the flood from?
7. How did the Nefilim group the planets?
8. When the Nefilim landed on Earth, what was their first intention to do with the new planet?
9. How did Adam and Eve's tasting from the Tree of Knowledge give them the ability to procreate?
10. Why did Sitchin equate the planet Marduk with images of a winged globe in ancient artwork?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Sitchin described the gods as being able to eat, breathe, and die.
2. Explain how these gods different from Christian, Islamic, and Jewish gods who cannot be healed.
3. How does this make Sitchin's gods more relatable? How does the realization of death among many people cause them to become more "human."
Essay Topic 2
Is Sitchin's writing style or tone one of arrogance and smug certainty?
How does a man with little or no scientific education and limited experience translating languages argue with other scholarly experts?
What does this say about Sitchin's personality.
Essay Topic 3
Sitchin has written many books that have mostly been labeled as pseudoscience by the modern scientific community.
Consider the following questions:
- Why do other scholars consider Sitchin's writing to be pseudoscience?
- Do you consider his arguments to be fake science?
- How could Sitchin better defend his work against other scholars?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)