|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitchin believes that the serpent in the Garden of Eden was really _________.
2. Why did Enki's son, Gibil, assist Enki in the Southern hemisphere where mining was prevalent?
3. What natural element was Enki believed to love?
4. How is the planet-god of Shar described in Sumerian texts?
5. What does the divine boat ritual represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the gods witness the flood from?
2. As the gods land on Earth and take a look at what has been done, what did they find?
3. How are Anu, Enki, and Enlil all related to one another?
4. Why did Sitchin equate the planet Marduk with images of a winged globe in ancient artwork?
5. How did Sitchin justify his assertions that the gods wanted to use Earth for mines?
6. Does Sitchin agree with the validity of animal evolution over the centuries?
7. In the Sumerian story of the Great Flood, how did Enki come to the aide of the humankind?
8. Why is Enlil furious that Utnapishtim and his family survived the Great Flood?
9. Why did Enlil decide not to prepare the humans for the deluge and great flood?
10. When the Nefilim landed on Earth, what was their first intention to do with the new planet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book Sitchin describe many gods and goddesses live up to ancient societal gender roles.
Using a god or goddess from the book, give an example of how he or she personifies the stereotype.
Are you using stereotypes that were prevalent in Mesopotamian culture or our society?
Essay Topic 2
Is it depressing that Sitchin did not think that the Sumerians were capable of the advancement on their own?
How is this similar to Western Imperialism that many Western cultures imposed on other cultures?
Is Sitchin sure that the Sumerians could not have been advanced because they were supposedly "primitive" people?
Essay Topic 3
1. Define Creationism.
2. Describe modern day scientific evolution.
3. How does Sitchin's belief intersect the two theories? Also, comment on what resources (theological or scientific) Sitchin used in the 12th Planet.
4. Are the sources reputable?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)