|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noah/Ziusudra/Utnapishtim attract the gods after the great flood?
2. After the flood begins, how do many of the gods feel?
3. Where did some scientists claim that life began?
4. What was rebuilt after the original Sumerian settlements were destroyed?
5. To the Nefilim, what planet number would Earth be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Nefilim decide to go back to Earth?
2. How are Anu, Enki, and Enlil all related to one another?
3. How did Enlil quickly create more human beings?
4. How did Sitchin justify his assertions that the gods wanted to use Earth for mines?
5. How did Enlil create man.
6. As the gods land on Earth and take a look at what has been done, what did they find?
7. How was the length of life estimated by Sitchin?
8. Who suggested that the gods create a worker to tend to the mines?
9. Why did Sitchin equate the planet Marduk with images of a winged globe in ancient artwork?
10. According to Sitchin, what gave the Nefilims access to a lot of information about the solar system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the Nefilim, as a species, are a symbol for something else?
Did Sitchin really intend to prove that Sumerian alien gods existed or is the 12th Planet a metaphor for a larger mystery?
Essay Topic 2
Is it depressing that Sitchin did not think that the Sumerians were capable of the advancement on their own?
How is this similar to Western Imperialism that many Western cultures imposed on other cultures?
Is Sitchin sure that the Sumerians could not have been advanced because they were supposedly "primitive" people?
Essay Topic 3
Sitchin analyzes a picture of humans surrounding Enki. The humans, Sitchin assumed, were all exactly the same. Sitchin further asserts that Enki wanted man to be different and individual. How does this story of procreation explain the differences in human beings?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)