|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Sumerian god was the Earth planet-god?
2. What did Sitchin think that the Nefilim knew would cause a Deluge?
3. Upon arriving on Earth, what did the Nefilim encounter?
4. What was rebuilt after the original Sumerian settlements were destroyed?
5. When does Sitchin estimate that the Nefilim's first landing on Earth was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Enlil furious that Utnapishtim and his family survived the Great Flood?
2. Why did the Nefilim decide to go back to Earth?
3. Why did Enlil decide not to prepare the humans for the deluge and great flood?
4. How long do the Nefilim live and how often do they visit?
5. Why did Sitchin equate the planet Marduk with images of a winged globe in ancient artwork?
6. Does Sitchin agree with the validity of animal evolution over the centuries?
7. In the Sumerian story of the Great Flood, how did Enki come to the aide of the humankind?
8. As the gods land on Earth and take a look at what has been done, what did they find?
9. When the Nefilim landed on Earth, what was their first intention to do with the new planet?
10. How did Sitchin justify his assertions that the gods wanted to use Earth for mines?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sitchin has written many books that have mostly been labeled as pseudoscience by the modern scientific community.
Consider the following questions:
- Why do other scholars consider Sitchin's writing to be pseudoscience?
- Do you consider his arguments to be fake science?
- How could Sitchin better defend his work against other scholars?
Essay Topic 2
1. Why was it important for ancient communities to create gods and goddesses?
2. How did gods, goddesses and rituals help people to understand their lives and the mysterious world surrounding them?
Essay Topic 3
1. Answer this question using your own view points:
How could the Nefilim, who Sitchin consider extremely advanced species, be so alike human beings in looks, emotions, and actions?
2. Now, answer the same question as if you were Zecharia Sitchin.
3. Next, examine the differences in the answers. Is your Sitchin's made up answer less rooted in reality?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)