|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitchin revealed that who occupied Israel, Lebanon, and Syria in Chapter 3?
2. In the Sudden Civilization, what does Sitchin use as a historical source to prove Sumer's relationships with its Gods?
3. This planet comes near earth every 3600 years.
4. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
5. Sitchin found evidence of prior knowledge of the solar system in what cultures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
2. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
3. Enki and Enlil were brothers and sons of Anu. Describe their personalities.
4. What is interesting about the Hittite gods and culture?
5. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
6. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
7. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
8. Summarize Sitchin's theory on the creation of the solar system.
9. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
10. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the Nefilim, as a species, are a symbol for something else?
Did Sitchin really intend to prove that Sumerian alien gods existed or is the 12th Planet a metaphor for a larger mystery?
Essay Topic 2
1. Why was it important for ancient communities to create gods and goddesses?
2. How did gods, goddesses and rituals help people to understand their lives and the mysterious world surrounding them?
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare Sitchin's story of Noah to the following:
- Christian Great Flood story
- The Great Flood from the Torah
2. How did Sitchin relate all three stories to one another?
3. Why did Sitchin think it is important to relate the stories?
4. How does this create validity for Sitchin's argument? Do you believe that this increases Sitchin's chances of gaining followers?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)