|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet drew Marduk into the solar system?
2. Why did Sitchin believe that human beings must have come from some other planet?
3. To Sitchin, what is the asteroid belt?
4. Who did Iannna marry?
5. What did the gods seem to wear to help them fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
2. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
3. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
4. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
5. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
6. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
7. What subjects does the 12TH PLANET cover?
8. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
9. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
10. Summarize Sitchin's theory on the creation of the solar system.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Answer this question using your own view points:
How could the Nefilim, who Sitchin consider extremely advanced species, be so alike human beings in looks, emotions, and actions?
2. Now, answer the same question as if you were Zecharia Sitchin.
3. Next, examine the differences in the answers. Is your Sitchin's made up answer less rooted in reality?
Essay Topic 2
The Mayans were another ancient culture that left behind relics of their society. Many people visit Mayan ruins and study Mayan art, architecture, and relics.
1. DId the Mayans have any knowledge of the Nefilim? Why or Why not?
2. How do you think Sitchin would have answered this question.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book Sitchin describe many gods and goddesses live up to ancient societal gender roles.
Using a god or goddess from the book, give an example of how he or she personifies the stereotype.
Are you using stereotypes that were prevalent in Mesopotamian culture or our society?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)