|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This planet comes near earth every 3600 years.
2. In chapter five, what Sumerian ancient art did Sitchin see depicted?
3. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
4. In the Sudden Civilization, what does Sitchin use as a historical source to prove Sumer's relationships with its Gods?
5. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sitchin believe existed before the language Akkadian?
2. Why did Sitchin think that there were 12 planets in the solar system?
3. What subjects does the 12TH PLANET cover?
4. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
5. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
6. How did Sitchin trace the Persians to Babylon and Assyria?
7. Enki and Enlil were brothers and sons of Anu. Describe their personalities.
8. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
9. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
10. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Sitchin attempt to prove that his theories on mankind, the solar system, gods, creationism are correct?
List different ways and then analyze why and how Sitchin is successful at proving the validity of his argument.
If you do not believe he was effective, state why.
Essay Topic 2
1. Define Creationism.
2. Describe modern day scientific evolution.
3. How does Sitchin's belief intersect the two theories? Also, comment on what resources (theological or scientific) Sitchin used in the 12th Planet.
4. Are the sources reputable?
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare Sitchin's story of Noah to the following:
- Christian Great Flood story
- The Great Flood from the Torah
2. How did Sitchin relate all three stories to one another?
3. Why did Sitchin think it is important to relate the stories?
4. How does this create validity for Sitchin's argument? Do you believe that this increases Sitchin's chances of gaining followers?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)