|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
2. How many major Sumerian gods are there?
3. WHat is the Babylonian name for sun?
4. Why does Sitchin assume that gods "had flight" or liked to fly?
5. Who are the Neflim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where else does Sitchin say he sees evidence of his version of the creation story?
2. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
3. How did Sitchin trace the Persians to Babylon and Assyria?
4. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
5. What is interesting about the Hittite gods and culture?
6. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
7. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
8. Describe the Greek god Zeus and how he came to power.
9. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
10. Who is Anu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Examine the theme of forgiveness among the Gods.
2. How did this mirror the theme of repentance and forgiveness found in Christianity?
3. How does Sitchin use this to tie Sumerian ritual and culture to Christianity?
Essay Topic 2
1. Define Creationism.
2. Describe modern day scientific evolution.
3. How does Sitchin's belief intersect the two theories? Also, comment on what resources (theological or scientific) Sitchin used in the 12th Planet.
4. Are the sources reputable?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the Nefilim, as a species, are a symbol for something else?
Did Sitchin really intend to prove that Sumerian alien gods existed or is the 12th Planet a metaphor for a larger mystery?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)