|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Mu" often mistranslated as?
2. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
3. Who did Iannna marry?
4. How many major Sumerian gods are there?
5. Why don't stars have gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
2. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
3. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
4. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
5. What subjects does the 12TH PLANET cover?
6. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
7. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
8. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
9. Enki and Enlil were brothers and sons of Anu. Describe their personalities.
10. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the class and hierarchy system of the Nefilim gods.
How is this system different or similar to the following hierarchy from history:
- Indian Caste System
- Capitalist societies
Essay Topic 2
Is it depressing that Sitchin did not think that the Sumerians were capable of the advancement on their own?
How is this similar to Western Imperialism that many Western cultures imposed on other cultures?
Is Sitchin sure that the Sumerians could not have been advanced because they were supposedly "primitive" people?
Essay Topic 3
How does SItchin's tone change throughout the 12TH PLANET?
Give three different tones he used in the book.
Next, give examples of the stylistic tone.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)