|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
2. In the Sudden Civilization, what does Sitchin use as a historical source to prove Sumer's relationships with its Gods?
3. What area did Hades reign?
4. In Etana's stories, what does Sitchin relate to an eagle?
5. Where did An or Anu live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anu?
2. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
3. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
4. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
5. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
6. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
7. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
8. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
9. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
10. Summarize Sitchin's theory on the creation of the solar system.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book Sitchin describe many gods and goddesses live up to ancient societal gender roles.
Using a god or goddess from the book, give an example of how he or she personifies the stereotype.
Are you using stereotypes that were prevalent in Mesopotamian culture or our society?
Essay Topic 2
Sitchin analyzes a picture of humans surrounding Enki. The humans, Sitchin assumed, were all exactly the same. Sitchin further asserts that Enki wanted man to be different and individual. How does this story of procreation explain the differences in human beings?
Essay Topic 3
The Mayans were another ancient culture that left behind relics of their society. Many people visit Mayan ruins and study Mayan art, architecture, and relics.
1. DId the Mayans have any knowledge of the Nefilim? Why or Why not?
2. How do you think Sitchin would have answered this question.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)