|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
2. Which god replaced Hades in the 12 ruling Olympian Gods?
3. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
4. What area did Hades reign?
5. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
2. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
3. Summarize Sitchin's theory on the creation of the solar system.
4. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
5. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
6. What is interesting about the Hittite gods and culture?
7. What did Sitchin think the angels of the Bible really were?
8. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
9. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
10. What does Sitchin believe existed before the language Akkadian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does SItchin's tone change throughout the 12TH PLANET?
Give three different tones he used in the book.
Next, give examples of the stylistic tone.
Essay Topic 2
1. Why was it important for ancient communities to create gods and goddesses?
2. How did gods, goddesses and rituals help people to understand their lives and the mysterious world surrounding them?
Essay Topic 3
Enlil is described as the adversary of man. Is it ironic that he is the god of Earth (the home of man)?
Give three examples of how a jealous Enlil attempts to kill man.
Why does an all powerful god feel threatened by an inferior man?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)