|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sitchin, who is marked as a follower of God even though he is on Indo-European decent?
2. Who was the Greek Uranus overthrown by?
3. Why couldn't Enki become successor of Anu's throne?
4. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
5. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
2. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
3. Where else does Sitchin say he sees evidence of his version of the creation story?
4. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
5. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
6. Describe the Greek god Zeus and how he came to power.
7. Summarize Sitchin's theory on the creation of the solar system.
8. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
9. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
10. How did Sitchin trace the Persians to Babylon and Assyria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Sitchin's writing style or tone one of arrogance and smug certainty?
How does a man with little or no scientific education and limited experience translating languages argue with other scholarly experts?
What does this say about Sitchin's personality.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the Nefilim, as a species, are a symbol for something else?
Did Sitchin really intend to prove that Sumerian alien gods existed or is the 12th Planet a metaphor for a larger mystery?
Essay Topic 3
1. Define Creationism.
2. Describe modern day scientific evolution.
3. How does Sitchin's belief intersect the two theories? Also, comment on what resources (theological or scientific) Sitchin used in the 12th Planet.
4. Are the sources reputable?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)