|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which god replaced Hades in the 12 ruling Olympian Gods?
2. What planet eventually becomes one of Earth's moons?
3. From 11,000 B.C. to 5,000 B.C., what happened to mankind?
4. WHat is the Babylonian name for sun?
5. Why did Sitchin believe that human beings must have come from some other planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
2. Where else does Sitchin say he sees evidence of his version of the creation story?
3. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
4. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
5. What subjects does the 12TH PLANET cover?
6. Why did Sitchin think that there were 12 planets in the solar system?
7. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
8. What is interesting about the Hittite gods and culture?
9. Describe the Greek god Zeus and how he came to power.
10. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sitchin has written many books that have mostly been labeled as pseudoscience by the modern scientific community.
Consider the following questions:
- Why do other scholars consider Sitchin's writing to be pseudoscience?
- Do you consider his arguments to be fake science?
- How could Sitchin better defend his work against other scholars?
Essay Topic 2
1. List and describe the five Ages of Man.
2. Next answer, how are these are these ages similar to the discoveries of the Nefilim?
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare Sitchin's story of Noah to the following:
- Christian Great Flood story
- The Great Flood from the Torah
2. How did Sitchin relate all three stories to one another?
3. Why did Sitchin think it is important to relate the stories?
4. How does this create validity for Sitchin's argument? Do you believe that this increases Sitchin's chances of gaining followers?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)