Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
2. How did Zeus gain his power?
3. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
4. Who was the engineer responsible for man's creation?
5. To Sitchin, what is the asteroid belt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
2. Who is Anu?
3. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
4. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
5. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
6. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
7. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
8. Who suggested that the gods create a worker to tend to the mines?
9. How did the Nefilim group the planets?
10. What subjects does the 12TH PLANET cover?
Essay Topic 1
Sitchin has written many books that have mostly been labeled as pseudoscience by the modern scientific community.
Consider the following questions:
- Why do other scholars consider Sitchin's writing to be pseudoscience?
- Do you consider his arguments to be fake science?
- How could Sitchin better defend his work against other scholars?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does Sitchin attempt to prove that his theories on mankind, the solar system, gods, creationism are correct?
List different ways and then analyze why and how Sitchin is successful at proving the validity of his argument.
If you do not believe he was effective, state why.
Essay Topic 3
Sitchin analyzes a picture of humans surrounding Enki. The humans, Sitchin assumed, were all exactly the same. Sitchin further asserts that Enki wanted man to be different and individual. How does this story of procreation explain the differences in human beings?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)