|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sitchin's opinion, what did the gods try to help the Babylonian people in the biblical story about the Tower of Babel?
2. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
3. The Sumerians knew to use this substance as a disinfectant.
4. How many major Sumerian gods are there?
5. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
2. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
3. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
4. Where else does Sitchin say he sees evidence of his version of the creation story?
5. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
6. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
7. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
8. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
9. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
10. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Answer this question using your own view points:
How could the Nefilim, who Sitchin consider extremely advanced species, be so alike human beings in looks, emotions, and actions?
2. Now, answer the same question as if you were Zecharia Sitchin.
3. Next, examine the differences in the answers. Is your Sitchin's made up answer less rooted in reality?
Essay Topic 2
Enlil is described as the adversary of man. Is it ironic that he is the god of Earth (the home of man)?
Give three examples of how a jealous Enlil attempts to kill man.
Why does an all powerful god feel threatened by an inferior man?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe that any of Sitchin's theories could be true?
If you were Sitchin, how would you work to verify and prove your theories about the creation of the world and man?
How could Sitchin get his ideas accepted by the scientific community?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)