|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, what Sumerian ancient art did Sitchin see depicted?
2. Who are the Neflim?
3. Sitchin thought that the uses of this substance was evidence of advanced knowledge of chemistry and medicine, including brain surgery.
4. What did the Sumerians believe Pluto was?
5. How did Zeus gain his power?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Greek god Zeus and how he came to power.
2. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
3. How did Sitchin classify the Sumerian gods?
4. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
5. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
6. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
7. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
8. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
9. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
10. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Why was it important for ancient communities to create gods and goddesses?
2. How did gods, goddesses and rituals help people to understand their lives and the mysterious world surrounding them?
Essay Topic 2
Is it depressing that Sitchin did not think that the Sumerians were capable of the advancement on their own?
How is this similar to Western Imperialism that many Western cultures imposed on other cultures?
Is Sitchin sure that the Sumerians could not have been advanced because they were supposedly "primitive" people?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the Nefilim, as a species, are a symbol for something else?
Did Sitchin really intend to prove that Sumerian alien gods existed or is the 12th Planet a metaphor for a larger mystery?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)