|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, which god (and son of Anu) was revealed to have created man and ruled from Nippur?
2. What is an apin?
3. Which planet is Saturn's offspring?
4. What planet eventually becomes one of Earth's moons?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Sitchin reveal that only the Nefilim needed to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Greek god Zeus and how he came to power.
2. Who is Anu?
3. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
4. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
5. Where else does Sitchin say he sees evidence of his version of the creation story?
6. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
7. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
8. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
9. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
10. What did Sitchin think the angels of the Bible really were?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it depressing that Sitchin did not think that the Sumerians were capable of the advancement on their own?
How is this similar to Western Imperialism that many Western cultures imposed on other cultures?
Is Sitchin sure that the Sumerians could not have been advanced because they were supposedly "primitive" people?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the Nefilim, as a species, are a symbol for something else?
Did Sitchin really intend to prove that Sumerian alien gods existed or is the 12th Planet a metaphor for a larger mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Sitchin has written many books that have mostly been labeled as pseudoscience by the modern scientific community.
Consider the following questions:
- Why do other scholars consider Sitchin's writing to be pseudoscience?
- Do you consider his arguments to be fake science?
- How could Sitchin better defend his work against other scholars?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)