Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
2. How did Zeus gain his power?
3. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
4. Who was the engineer responsible for man's creation?
5. To Sitchin, what is the asteroid belt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
2. Who is Anu?
3. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
4. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
5. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
6. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
7. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
8. Who suggested that the gods create a worker to tend to the mines?
9. How did the Nefilim group the planets?
10. What subjects does the 12TH PLANET cover?
Throughout the book Sitchin describe many gods and goddesses live up to ancient societal gender roles.
Using a god or goddess from the book, give an example of how he or she personifies the stereotype.
Are you using stereotypes that were prevalent in Mesopotamian culture or our society?
Do you think that the Nefilim, as a species, are a symbol for something else?
Did Sitchin really intend to prove that Sumerian alien gods existed or is the 12th Planet a metaphor for a larger mystery?
1. Why was it important for ancient communities to create gods and goddesses?
2. How did gods, goddesses and rituals help people to understand their lives and the mysterious world surrounding them?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)