|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Kash-Yappa's son?
2. What does the word "Nefilim" mean?
3. Who did El's son Baal (or Elyon) die fighting?
4. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
5. Who was Yam resurrected by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
2. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
3. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
4. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
5. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
6. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
7. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
8. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
9. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
10. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sitchin inferred that life does not need the sun to exist.
1. Do you agree with this assertion?
2. How does this statement go against what you have previously learned in school?
3. Could you abandon your previous beliefs to agree with Sitchin? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Is Sitchin's writing style or tone one of arrogance and smug certainty?
How does a man with little or no scientific education and limited experience translating languages argue with other scholarly experts?
What does this say about Sitchin's personality.
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare Sitchin's story of Noah to the following:
- Christian Great Flood story
- The Great Flood from the Torah
2. How did Sitchin relate all three stories to one another?
3. Why did Sitchin think it is important to relate the stories?
4. How does this create validity for Sitchin's argument? Do you believe that this increases Sitchin's chances of gaining followers?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)