|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What planet drew Marduk into the solar system?
2. What Hittite god was like the Greek god Zeus?
3. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
4. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
5. How did Sitchin reinterpret that Sumerian word "Mu"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sitchin trace the Persians to Babylon and Assyria?
2. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
3. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
4. What did Sitchin think the angels of the Bible really were?
5. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
6. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
7. Why did Sitchin think that there were 12 planets in the solar system?
8. What do Sumerian texts describe Pluto as?
9. What subjects does the 12TH PLANET cover?
10. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book Sitchin describe many gods and goddesses live up to ancient societal gender roles.
Using a god or goddess from the book, give an example of how he or she personifies the stereotype.
Are you using stereotypes that were prevalent in Mesopotamian culture or our society?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that any of Sitchin's theories could be true?
If you were Sitchin, how would you work to verify and prove your theories about the creation of the world and man?
How could Sitchin get his ideas accepted by the scientific community?
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare Sitchin's story of Noah to the following:
- Christian Great Flood story
- The Great Flood from the Torah
2. How did Sitchin relate all three stories to one another?
3. Why did Sitchin think it is important to relate the stories?
4. How does this create validity for Sitchin's argument? Do you believe that this increases Sitchin's chances of gaining followers?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)