|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
2. What was found in Shanidar cave?
3. What planet drew Marduk into the solar system?
4. Why did Sitchin believe that human beings must have come from some other planet?
5. Who was Yam resurrected by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Nefilim planet considered the 12th planet?
2. How did the Nefilim group the planets?
3. How was the length of life estimated by Sitchin?
4. Where did the gods witness the flood from?
5. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
6. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
7. Summarize Sitchin's theory on the creation of the solar system.
8. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
9. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
10. In the Sumerian story of the Great Flood, how did Enki come to the aide of the humankind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Sitchin described the gods as being able to eat, breathe, and die.
2. Explain how these gods different from Christian, Islamic, and Jewish gods who cannot be healed.
3. How does this make Sitchin's gods more relatable? How does the realization of death among many people cause them to become more "human."
Essay Topic 2
Sitchin analyzes a picture of humans surrounding Enki. The humans, Sitchin assumed, were all exactly the same. Sitchin further asserts that Enki wanted man to be different and individual. How does this story of procreation explain the differences in human beings?
Essay Topic 3
Sitchin has written many books that have mostly been labeled as pseudoscience by the modern scientific community.
Consider the following questions:
- Why do other scholars consider Sitchin's writing to be pseudoscience?
- Do you consider his arguments to be fake science?
- How could Sitchin better defend his work against other scholars?
This section contains 1,537 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)