|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From 11,000 B.C. to 5,000 B.C., what happened to mankind?
(a) Mankind had yet to develop.
(b) Mankind died off.
(c) Incredible advancement among humans.
(d) Advanced on their own.
2. What Sumerian artifact did Sitchin discover that proves the people's knowledge of the solar system?
(a) A portrait showing eleven children.
(b) A pot with twelve stars.
(c) A seal showing eleven circles.
(d) A vase showing eleven squares.
3. Why was Anu's son cast from heaven?
(a) For mistreating animals.
(b) For killing his brother Ea.
(c) For raping Ninlil (Sud).
(d) For stealing from his father, Anu.
4. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
(a) Earth was the only planet.
(b) Earth was in a solar system.
(c) Earth was flat.
(d) The heavens moved around a flat Earth.
5. In Chapter 4, which god (and son of Anu) was revealed to have created man and ruled from Nippur?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Sitchin able to relate Greek civilization to Hebrew civilization and trace the history of Western civilization?
2. What is an apin?
3. What planets did Sitchin think that the Sumerians knew of?
4. Why does Sitchin assume that gods "had flight" or liked to fly?
5. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
2. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
3. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
4. Who is Anu?
5. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
6. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
7. Enki and Enlil were brothers and sons of Anu. Describe their personalities.
8. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
9. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
10. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)