|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the gods' world?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The otherworld.
(c) The solar system.
(d) The underworld.
2. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(b) Their king believed in the number 12.
(c) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
(d) There were only 11 of each.
3. Besides gracing the Sumerian people with his presence, what else did Sitchin bestow upon the Sumerian people?
(a) The ability to write great stories.
(b) Education and schools.
(c) Creations of fish.
(d) The right of rulership and kingship.
4. What is cuneiform?
(a) A uniform worn by the gods.
(b) The earliest known form of writing.
(c) A language.
(d) The Cuni way of life.
5. Sitchin found evidence of prior knowledge of the solar system in what cultures?
(b) Hittites and Babylonia.
(d) Mesopotamia, Hittites, Babylonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 12TH PLANET, what was Zecharia Sitchin's main argument?
2. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
3. What Hittite god was like the Greek god Zeus?
4. What is "Mu" often mistranslated as?
5. Who did Iannna marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
2. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
3. Why is 12 an important number for Sumerians?
4. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
5. What does Sitchin believe existed before the language Akkadian?
6. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
7. Who is Anu?
8. Where else does Sitchin say he sees evidence of his version of the creation story?
9. How did Sitchin trace the Persians to Babylon and Assyria?
10. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)