|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many major Sumerian gods are there?
(a) 7 male and 7 female.
(b) 18 total.
(c) 6 male and 6 female.
(d) 13 total.
2. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
(a) 650 years.
(b) 1000 years.
(c) 900 years.
(d) 700 years.
3. What is "Mu" often mistranslated as?
4. Where does Enki's Adapa try to go the gain eternal life?
(a) To a god higher than Anu.
(b) To the underworld.
(c) To the sea.
(d) To Anu.
5. Why couldn't Enki become successor of Anu's throne?
(a) He and Anu had a fight.
(b) He was not Anu's legitimate son.
(c) He did not marry who is father had wanted him to.
(d) He disobeyed his father too often.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
2. What area did Hades reign?
3. In Sitchin's opinion, what did the gods try to help the Babylonian people in the biblical story about the Tower of Babel?
4. What did the Sumerians believe Pluto was?
5. Who in Hindu was the father of the Hindi 12 gods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sitchin think the angels of the Bible really were?
2. What is interesting about the Hittite gods and culture?
3. Where did Sitchin believe the Greek gods came from?
4. What does Sitchin believe existed before the language Akkadian?
5. Enki and Enlil were brothers and sons of Anu. Describe their personalities.
6. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
7. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
8. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
9. Why did Sitchin think that there were 12 planets in the solar system?
10. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)