|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sitchin credit the Neflim with?
(a) Advancing humanity and also for the stories of the Great Flood
(b) Creating the Bible and documenting their inventions.
(c) Killing off prehistoric humans.
(d) Creating creative artwork.
2. In Chapter 4, which god (and son of Anu) was revealed to have created man and ruled from Nippur?
3. In Sitchin's opinion, what did the gods try to help the Babylonian people in the biblical story about the Tower of Babel?
(a) A space ship.
(b) A rocket.
(c) A sail boat.
(d) A jet pack.
4. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
(a) Ur the conqueror.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) Alexander the Macedonian conquered the Persians.
5. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
(a) He did not believe it occurred.
(b) The same as other scholars.
(c) Analyzed the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
2. Sitchin thought that Akkad, a kingdom, predated Assyria by how years?
3. What type of orbit is the above planet on?
4. What Sumerian word means "the location of the planets?"
5. What planets did Sitchin think that the Sumerians knew of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Anu?
2. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
3. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
4. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
5. Why does Marduk feel pressure from the other planets in the solar system?
6. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
7. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
8. Why was the number 12 extremely important to the Nefilim?
9. What was the literal translation of "me" that Sitchin develops?
10. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)