|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an apin?
(a) A secret code.
(b) A religious structure.
(c) A pyramidal tower.
(d) A type of building.
2. Who did Iannna marry?
(a) Enki's son, Dumuzi.
(b) Her own brother, Ea.
(c) Enki's son, Enlil.
(d) No one.
3. Where did An or Anu live?
(a) In the heavens.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In his mother's womb.
4. Who was Marduk?
(a) A cruel father of Anu.
(b) The father of Zeus.
(c) A mean ruler of Babylon.
(d) He became the primary god of Babylon.
5. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
(a) That life may have come from elsewhere.
(b) That humans are the greatest life ever created.
(c) There were more animals than humans in ancient times.
(d) That Earth is a terrible place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sitchin assume that gods "had flight" or liked to fly?
2. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
3. Sitchin also claimed that the Sumerians were responsible for the invention of ___________ and ___________.
4. Who did El's son Baal (or Elyon) die fighting?
5. What do the older planet-gods promise to Marduk if it can defeat Tiamat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Sitchin's theory on the creation of the solar system.
2. Enki and Enlil were brothers and sons of Anu. Describe their personalities.
3. Name some of the inventions that Sitchin believed the Sumerians were responsible for.
4. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
5. How did Sitchin classify the Sumerian gods?
6. What impact does Aphrodite, the goddess of love, have on the gods and goddesses for ancient Greece?
7. Who is Anu?
8. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
9. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
10. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)