|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sitchin thought that the uses of this substance was evidence of advanced knowledge of chemistry and medicine, including brain surgery.
(d) Natural gas.
2. How many base numbers were in the Sumerian number system?
3. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
(a) Symbols for the gods.
(b) Symbols for the solar system.
(c) People's names written decoratively.
(d) Lovely artwork.
4. Who was Kash-Yappa's son?
5. Who did Iannna marry?
(a) Enki's son, Dumuzi.
(b) Her own brother, Ea.
(c) No one.
(d) Enki's son, Enlil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeus gain his power?
2. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
3. What Sumerian word means "the location of the planets?"
4. What planet eventually becomes one of Earth's moons?
5. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sitchin so sure that human life could not have begun on Earth?
2. What was the literal translation of "mu" that Sitchin develops?
3. Where did Sitchin think that most of the advancements in technology came from (region and time frame)?
4. Why did Sitchin think it was possible for astrologists to be wrong in their assertion that there are only eight planets in the solar system?
5. How did Sitchin present Sumer in Chapter 2?
6. What did Ralph Solecki's 1957 discovery
7. What did Sitchin find proof of in the work of early astronomers from Mesopotamia, Hittites, and Babylonia?
8. What does Sitchin believe existed before the language Akkadian?
9. Where else does Sitchin say he sees evidence of his version of the creation story?
10. How did humans attempt to go to the heavens and see the gods.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)