|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Yam resurrected by?
2. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(b) Their king believed in the number 12.
(c) There were only 11 of each.
(d) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
3. Which planet is Saturn's offspring?
4. Who was the engineer responsible for man's creation?
5. Where was the gods' world?
(a) The otherworld.
(b) The underworld.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The solar system.
6. How was Sitchin able to relate Greek civilization to Hebrew civilization and trace the history of Western civilization?
(a) The Torah.
(b) Through ancient artifacts.
(c) Through similarities in language.
(d) The ancient Christian Bibles.
7. Why does Sitchin assume that gods "had flight" or liked to fly?
(a) They had special submarines that could fly out of water.
(b) They were often depicted with wings.
(c) They drew many pictures of birds.
(d) They wore parachutes.
8. What planet drew Marduk into the solar system?
9. Besides gracing the Sumerian people with his presence, what else did Sitchin bestow upon the Sumerian people?
(a) The right of rulership and kingship.
(b) Education and schools.
(c) Creations of fish.
(d) The ability to write great stories.
10. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
(a) Randal Sole
(b) Robert Saul.
(c) Ralph Soleck.
(d) Randolph Samms.
11. What did the gods seem to wear to help them fly?
(b) Jet packs.
(c) Goggles, weapons, and earphones.
12. Sitchin thought that Akkad, a kingdom, predated Assyria by how years?
13. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
(b) Very motivated people.
(c) A community of pretentious people.
(d) More ancient than 4600 years old.
14. What is "Mu" often mistranslated as?
15. What does the word "Nefilim" mean?
(a) Our friends from Neptune.
(b) Those who fell to Earth.
(c) The gods among us.
(d) The giants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found in Shanidar cave?
2. To Sitchin, what is the asteroid belt?
3. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
4. Where does Enki's Adapa try to go the gain eternal life?
5. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)