|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Sumerians know the exact dates of in Chapter 6?
(a) Their gods birthdays.
(b) When rain would come.
(c) Future events that would happen.
(d) The shifts in the houses of the zodiac.
2. How did Sitchin reinterpret that Sumerian word "Mu"?
(a) "To travel."
(c) "To fall."
3. According to Sitchin, the domestication of animals occurred during what time?
(a) Ice Age.
(b) Paleolithic age.
(c) Neolithic period.
(d) Mesolithic period and the Middle Stone Age.
4. In Sitchin's estimation, how many years ago was mankind "refreshed"?
(a) 80,000 years ago.
(b) 6,000 years ago.
(c) 20,000 years ago.
(d) 11,000 years ago.
5. What did the Sumerians believe Pluto was?
(a) A moon in Shar's orbit.
(b) A very mad planet-god.
(c) A star.
(d) A wayward planet.
6. Who did El's son Baal (or Elyon) die fighting?
(a) Anu, his father.
(c) His brother, Yam.
(d) Enki, his uncle.
7. Why don't stars have gods?
(a) Stars are hostile environments.
(b) Stars have their own gods.
(c) Stars are too far away for godly visits.
(d) Stars are unlivable places.
8. Why couldn't Enki become successor of Anu's throne?
(a) He was not Anu's legitimate son.
(b) He disobeyed his father too often.
(c) He and Anu had a fight.
(d) He did not marry who is father had wanted him to.
9. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Challenged by other cultures.
(b) Made up by kings and queens.
(c) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
(d) Not at all true.
10. What was found in Shanidar cave?
(a) 44,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(b) 87,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(c) 55,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(d) 100,000 year old skeletons of a family.
11. Where does Gilgamesh rule?
12. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
13. The Sumerians knew to use this substance as a disinfectant.
14. In Chapter 6, what did Sitchin reveal that only the Nefilim needed to know?
(a) How to create a human.
(b) Measurements of the distance between stars.
(c) If a Deluge would cause a catastrophic incident.
(d) How to fly to Earth.
15. What area did Hades reign?
(a) The land.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Sumerian artifact did Sitchin discover that proves the people's knowledge of the solar system?
2. In the Sudden Civilization, what does Sitchin use as a historical source to prove Sumer's relationships with its Gods?
3. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
4. WHat is the Babylonian name for sun?
5. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)