|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This planet comes near earth every 3600 years.
2. What is an apin?
(a) A pyramidal tower.
(b) A religious structure.
(c) A type of building.
(d) A secret code.
3. Sitchin thought that the uses of this substance was evidence of advanced knowledge of chemistry and medicine, including brain surgery.
(c) Natural gas.
4. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
(b) No one goes to heaven.
(d) Men and gods.
5. Why did Sitchin believe that human beings must have come from some other planet?
(a) To Sitchin there is a gap in evolutionary history.
(b) Venus has a much more stable atmosphere for humans.
(c) Sitchin actually thought Earth was perfect for human development.
(d) Earth was created later than humans.
6. In chapter five, what Sumerian ancient art did Sitchin see depicted?
(a) Rocket ships.
7. Sitchin thought that Akkad, a kingdom, predated Assyria by how years?
8. To Sitchin, what is the asteroid belt?
(a) Larger than just our universe.
(b) The only important thing in the universe.
9. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
(a) 1000 years.
(b) 650 years.
(c) 700 years.
(d) 900 years.
10. Which god replaced Hades in the 12 ruling Olympian Gods?
11. What is cuneiform?
(a) A language.
(b) The Cuni way of life.
(c) The earliest known form of writing.
(d) A uniform worn by the gods.
12. Who did El's son Baal (or Elyon) die fighting?
(b) His brother, Yam.
(c) Anu, his father.
(d) Enki, his uncle.
13. How many base numbers were in the Sumerian number system?
14. How did Zeus gain his power?
(a) Defeated his own father.
(b) Killed all the other gods.
(c) Defeated a serpentine with his two brothers.
(d) Killed Hades.
15. What type of orbit is the above planet on?
(a) An oblong orbit.
(b) A circular orbit.
(c) A square orbit.
(d) An elliptical orbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
2. Why was Anu's son cast from heaven?
3. In Chapter 4, which god (and son of Anu) was revealed to have created man and ruled from Nippur?
4. Sitchin also claimed that the Sumerians were responsible for the invention of ___________ and ___________.
5. Who did Iannna marry?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)