Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
(a) Earth was the only planet.
(b) The heavens moved around a flat Earth.
(c) Earth was in a solar system.
(d) Earth was flat.
2. How did Zeus gain his power?
(a) Defeated a serpentine with his two brothers.
(b) Killed all the other gods.
(c) Killed Hades.
(d) Defeated his own father.
3. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
(a) On a long scroll.
(b) On a pot.
(c) On seven tablets.
(d) In a deep cave wall.
4. Who was the engineer responsible for man's creation?
5. To Sitchin, what is the asteroid belt?
(b) Larger than just our universe.
(d) The only important thing in the universe.
6. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Not at all true.
(b) Made up by kings and queens.
(c) Challenged by other cultures.
(d) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
7. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
8. Sitchin revealed that who occupied Israel, Lebanon, and Syria in Chapter 3?
(a) Greeks and Romans.
(d) The Canaanites.
9. In 12TH PLANET, what was Zecharia Sitchin's main argument?
(a) He was a descendant of Jesus.
(b) Sumerian myths of a pantheon of gods are facts.
(c) We are all aliens.
(d) There were (at one time) 15 planets in our solar system.
10. How did Sitchin reinterpret that Sumerian word "Mu"?
(c) "To travel."
(d) "To fall."
11. Who are the Neflim?
(a) A lizard.
(b) An advanced being that inhabited Shar.
(c) A vicious type of prehistoric animal.
(d) The people of Nefia.
12. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
(a) 650 years.
(b) 700 years.
(c) 900 years.
(d) 1000 years.
13. Where does Gilgamesh rule?
14. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
(b) Petty emotions.
(c) Killing one another.
(d) Injury and death.
15. From 11,000 B.C. to 5,000 B.C., what happened to mankind?
(a) Advanced on their own.
(b) Incredible advancement among humans.
(c) Mankind died off.
(d) Mankind had yet to develop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Sumerian word means "the location of the planets?"
2. What type of orbit is the above planet on?
3. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
4. Who was Kash-Yappa's son?
5. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)