|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 12TH PLANET, what was Zecharia Sitchin's main argument?
(a) He was a descendant of Jesus.
(b) Sumerian myths of a pantheon of gods are facts.
(c) There were (at one time) 15 planets in our solar system.
(d) We are all aliens.
2. What Sumerian word means "the location of the planets?"
3. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
(a) Lovely artwork.
(b) Symbols for the solar system.
(c) Symbols for the gods.
(d) People's names written decoratively.
4. The Sumerians knew to use this substance as a disinfectant.
5. What does GIlgamesh loose on his way back from heaven?
(a) His own soul.
(b) A youth-giving plant.
(c) His jewels for his wife.
(d) His father's soul.
6. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
(a) On a long scroll.
(b) On seven tablets.
(c) On a pot.
(d) In a deep cave wall.
7. How many base numbers were in the Sumerian number system?
8. How did Zeus gain his power?
(a) Defeated his own father.
(b) Killed all the other gods.
(c) Killed Hades.
(d) Defeated a serpentine with his two brothers.
9. What did the Sumerians know the exact dates of in Chapter 6?
(a) Future events that would happen.
(b) When rain would come.
(c) The shifts in the houses of the zodiac.
(d) Their gods birthdays.
10. How did Sitchin reinterpret that Sumerian word "Mu"?
(a) "To travel."
(c) "To fall."
11. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
12. What did the Sumerians believe Pluto was?
(a) A very mad planet-god.
(b) A wayward planet.
(c) A moon in Shar's orbit.
(d) A star.
13. What Hittite god was like the Greek god Zeus?
14. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
(b) Analyzed the story.
(c) The same as other scholars.
(d) He did not believe it occurred.
15. Along with the sun and the moon, what is the 12th object in the solar system?
(a) There is no 12th object.
(c) Nefilim, or Shar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the gods seem to wear to help them fly?
2. Who was the Greek Uranus overthrown by?
3. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
4. Sitchin thought that Akkad, a kingdom, predated Assyria by how years?
5. In Etana's stories, what does Sitchin relate to an eagle?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)