|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Neflim?
(a) A lizard.
(b) An advanced being that inhabited Shar.
(c) A vicious type of prehistoric animal.
(d) The people of Nefia.
2. How many base numbers were in the Sumerian number system?
3. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
(a) On a long scroll.
(b) On seven tablets.
(c) On a pot.
(d) In a deep cave wall.
4. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Not at all true.
(b) Challenged by other cultures.
(c) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
(d) Made up by kings and queens.
5. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
6. Why did Sitchin believe that human beings must have come from some other planet?
(a) Sitchin actually thought Earth was perfect for human development.
(b) To Sitchin there is a gap in evolutionary history.
(c) Venus has a much more stable atmosphere for humans.
(d) Earth was created later than humans.
7. Who was the Greek Uranus overthrown by?
8. In Sitchin's estimation, how many years ago was mankind "refreshed"?
(a) 80,000 years ago.
(b) 6,000 years ago.
(c) 20,000 years ago.
(d) 11,000 years ago.
9. Who was Yam resurrected by?
10. Along with the sun and the moon, what is the 12th object in the solar system?
(b) There is no 12th object.
(d) Nefilim, or Shar.
11. How did Sitchin reinterpret that Sumerian word "Mu"?
(a) "To fall."
(c) "To travel."
12. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
13. Sitchin revealed that who occupied Israel, Lebanon, and Syria in Chapter 3?
(a) The Canaanites.
(c) Greeks and Romans.
14. This planet comes near earth every 3600 years.
15. What is cuneiform?
(a) A language.
(b) The Cuni way of life.
(c) A uniform worn by the gods.
(d) The earliest known form of writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
2. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
3. Besides gracing the Sumerian people with his presence, what else did Sitchin bestow upon the Sumerian people?
4. What did the Sumerians believe Pluto was?
5. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)