|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did An or Anu live?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In his mother's womb.
(c) In the heavens.
(d) In the underworld.
2. Why don't stars have gods?
(a) Stars are too far away for godly visits.
(b) Stars are unlivable places.
(c) Stars are hostile environments.
(d) Stars have their own gods.
3. What is an apin?
(a) A secret code.
(b) A type of building.
(c) A religious structure.
(d) A pyramidal tower.
4. What planets did Sitchin think that the Sumerians knew of?
(a) Mars, Neptune, Pluto.
(b) Neptune, Pluto, Uranus,
(c) Neptune, Pluto, Uranus.
(d) Pluto, Uranus, Mars.
5. According to Sitchin, the domestication of animals occurred during what time?
(a) Neolithic period.
(b) Paleolithic age.
(c) Ice Age.
(d) Mesolithic period and the Middle Stone Age.
6. Besides gracing the Sumerian people with his presence, what else did Sitchin bestow upon the Sumerian people?
(a) The right of rulership and kingship.
(b) Creations of fish.
(c) The ability to write great stories.
(d) Education and schools.
7. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
8. In Etana's stories, what does Sitchin relate to an eagle?
(a) Air plane engineers.
(b) Another bird.
9. Who are the Neflim?
(a) An advanced being that inhabited Shar.
(b) The people of Nefia.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A vicious type of prehistoric animal.
10. Why did Sitchin believe that human beings must have come from some other planet?
(a) To Sitchin there is a gap in evolutionary history.
(b) Venus has a much more stable atmosphere for humans.
(c) Earth was created later than humans.
(d) Sitchin actually thought Earth was perfect for human development.
11. What was found in Shanidar cave?
(a) 55,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(b) 100,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(c) 87,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(d) 44,000 year old skeletons of a family.
12. In the Sudden Civilization, what does Sitchin use as a historical source to prove Sumer's relationships with its Gods?
(a) The Koran.
(b) Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints Bible.
(c) The Christian Bible.
(d) The Torah.
13. Sitchin thought that Akkad, a kingdom, predated Assyria by how years?
14. Who did Iannna marry?
(a) No one.
(b) Enki's son, Enlil.
(c) Enki's son, Dumuzi.
(d) Her own brother, Ea.
15. Who was the Greek Uranus overthrown by?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter five, what Sumerian ancient art did Sitchin see depicted?
2. What do the older planet-gods promise to Marduk if it can defeat Tiamat?
3. Who was Marduk?
4. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
5. What area did Hades reign?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)