|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
(a) On seven tablets.
(b) On a long scroll.
(c) In a deep cave wall.
(d) On a pot.
2. Sitchin thought that the uses of this substance was evidence of advanced knowledge of chemistry and medicine, including brain surgery.
(b) Natural gas.
3. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
4. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
(a) 700 years.
(b) 650 years.
(c) 1000 years.
(d) 900 years.
5. Who was Yam resurrected by?
6. What area did Hades reign?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The land.
7. What did Sitchin credit the Neflim with?
(a) Creating creative artwork.
(b) Creating the Bible and documenting their inventions.
(c) Advancing humanity and also for the stories of the Great Flood
(d) Killing off prehistoric humans.
8. How many base numbers were in the Sumerian number system?
9. What does the word "Nefilim" mean?
(a) Those who fell to Earth.
(b) The giants.
(c) Our friends from Neptune.
(d) The gods among us.
10. In the Sudden Civilization, what does Sitchin use as a historical source to prove Sumer's relationships with its Gods?
(a) Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints Bible.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Christian Bible.
(d) The Torah.
11. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
(a) Very motivated people.
(b) A community of pretentious people.
(c) More ancient than 4600 years old.
12. What was found in Shanidar cave?
(a) 100,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(b) 44,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(c) 55,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(d) 87,000 year old skeletons of a family.
13. What Sumerian artifact did Sitchin discover that proves the people's knowledge of the solar system?
(a) A seal showing eleven circles.
(b) A vase showing eleven squares.
(c) A portrait showing eleven children.
(d) A pot with twelve stars.
14. What did the Sumerians believe Pluto was?
(a) A wayward planet.
(b) A very mad planet-god.
(c) A star.
(d) A moon in Shar's orbit.
15. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
(a) The heavens moved around a flat Earth.
(b) Earth was in a solar system.
(c) Earth was flat.
(d) Earth was the only planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
2. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
3. Why don't stars have gods?
4. Gravitational pull from what planet pulls Marduk?
5. This planet comes near earth every 3600 years.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)