|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
(a) Analyzed the story.
(c) The same as other scholars.
(d) He did not believe it occurred.
2. What area did Hades reign?
(a) The underworld.
(b) The heavens.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The land.
3. What was found in Shanidar cave?
(a) 44,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(b) 87,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(c) 100,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(d) 55,000 year old skeletons of a family.
4. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
(c) Men and gods.
(d) No one goes to heaven.
5. What Hittite god was like the Greek god Zeus?
6. Who was the Greek Uranus overthrown by?
7. Sitchin thought that Akkad, a kingdom, predated Assyria by how years?
8. Who was Marduk?
(a) A mean ruler of Babylon.
(b) A cruel father of Anu.
(c) He became the primary god of Babylon.
(d) The father of Zeus.
9. Why did Sitchin believe that human beings must have come from some other planet?
(a) Venus has a much more stable atmosphere for humans.
(b) To Sitchin there is a gap in evolutionary history.
(c) Earth was created later than humans.
(d) Sitchin actually thought Earth was perfect for human development.
10. How many major Sumerian gods are there?
(a) 7 male and 7 female.
(b) 13 total.
(c) 18 total.
(d) 6 male and 6 female.
11. What Sumerian artifact did Sitchin discover that proves the people's knowledge of the solar system?
(a) A pot with twelve stars.
(b) A portrait showing eleven children.
(c) A seal showing eleven circles.
(d) A vase showing eleven squares.
12. What is "Mu" often mistranslated as?
13. What does GIlgamesh loose on his way back from heaven?
(a) A youth-giving plant.
(b) His father's soul.
(c) His jewels for his wife.
(d) His own soul.
14. What is an apin?
(a) A type of building.
(b) A pyramidal tower.
(c) A secret code.
(d) A religious structure.
15. What did Sitchin credit the Neflim with?
(a) Advancing humanity and also for the stories of the Great Flood
(b) Creating creative artwork.
(c) Creating the Bible and documenting their inventions.
(d) Killing off prehistoric humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did El's son Baal (or Elyon) die fighting?
2. Along with the sun and the moon, what is the 12th object in the solar system?
3. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
4. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
5. Who was the engineer responsible for man's creation?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)