|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides gracing the Sumerian people with his presence, what else did Sitchin bestow upon the Sumerian people?
(a) The ability to write great stories.
(b) Education and schools.
(c) Creations of fish.
(d) The right of rulership and kingship.
2. Where does Gilgamesh rule?
3. What Hittite god was like the Greek god Zeus?
4. What is an apin?
(a) A secret code.
(b) A type of building.
(c) A religious structure.
(d) A pyramidal tower.
5. What type of orbit is the above planet on?
(a) A square orbit.
(b) An elliptical orbit.
(c) An oblong orbit.
(d) A circular orbit.
6. What do the older planet-gods promise to Marduk if it can defeat Tiamat?
7. In Etana's stories, what does Sitchin relate to an eagle?
(b) Air plane engineers.
(d) Another bird.
8. How was Sitchin able to relate Greek civilization to Hebrew civilization and trace the history of Western civilization?
(a) The Torah.
(b) Through similarities in language.
(c) The ancient Christian Bibles.
(d) Through ancient artifacts.
9. What planets did Sitchin think that the Sumerians knew of?
(a) Neptune, Pluto, Uranus,
(b) Mars, Neptune, Pluto.
(c) Pluto, Uranus, Mars.
(d) Neptune, Pluto, Uranus.
10. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
(a) Symbols for the solar system.
(b) People's names written decoratively.
(c) Symbols for the gods.
(d) Lovely artwork.
11. Which god replaced Hades in the 12 ruling Olympian Gods?
12. What planet drew Marduk into the solar system?
13. How does Neptune quiet the sun?
(a) Asking the other planet gods to soothe the son.
(b) Singing to the rest of the universe.
(c) Leaving the sun alone.
(d) By pouring sleep across the universe.
14. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
(a) 1000 years.
(b) 700 years.
(c) 650 years.
(d) 900 years.
15. How many base numbers were in the Sumerian number system?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
2. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
3. How did Sitchin reinterpret that Sumerian word "Mu"?
4. Where was the gods' world?
5. What is "Mu" often mistranslated as?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)