|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Enki become successor of Anu's throne?
(a) He did not marry who is father had wanted him to.
(b) He and Anu had a fight.
(c) He was not Anu's legitimate son.
(d) He disobeyed his father too often.
2. Why does Sitchin assume that gods "had flight" or liked to fly?
(a) They were often depicted with wings.
(b) They drew many pictures of birds.
(c) They wore parachutes.
(d) They had special submarines that could fly out of water.
3. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
(c) No one goes to heaven.
(d) Men and gods.
4. What type of orbit is the above planet on?
(a) An elliptical orbit.
(b) An oblong orbit.
(c) A square orbit.
(d) A circular orbit.
5. Which planet is Saturn's offspring?
6. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
(b) Alexander the Great.
(c) Ur the conqueror.
(d) Alexander the Macedonian conquered the Persians.
7. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
(b) The same as other scholars.
(c) Analyzed the story.
(d) He did not believe it occurred.
8. What Hittite god was like the Greek god Zeus?
9. Where did An or Anu live?
(a) In the underworld.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In the heavens.
(d) In his mother's womb.
10. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
11. What did the gods seem to wear to help them fly?
(b) Jet packs.
(c) Goggles, weapons, and earphones.
12. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
(a) 900 years.
(b) 1000 years.
(c) 650 years.
(d) 700 years.
13. Where was the gods' world?
(a) The heavens.
(b) The solar system.
(c) The underworld.
(d) The otherworld.
14. Who was Yam resurrected by?
15. Which god replaced Hades in the 12 ruling Olympian Gods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitchin found evidence of prior knowledge of the solar system in what cultures?
2. Where does Gilgamesh rule?
3. What planets did Sitchin think that the Sumerians knew of?
4. Why was Anu's son cast from heaven?
5. Along with the sun and the moon, what is the 12th object in the solar system?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)