|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
2. What do the older planet-gods promise to Marduk if it can defeat Tiamat?
3. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
(a) No one goes to heaven.
(d) Men and gods.
4. What planet drew Marduk into the solar system?
5. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
(b) Challenged by other cultures.
(c) Not at all true.
(d) Made up by kings and queens.
6. Where does Gilgamesh rule?
7. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
(b) Alexander the Great.
(c) Alexander the Macedonian conquered the Persians.
(d) Ur the conqueror.
8. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
(a) Killing one another.
(c) Petty emotions.
(d) Injury and death.
9. How does Neptune quiet the sun?
(a) Asking the other planet gods to soothe the son.
(b) Leaving the sun alone.
(c) Singing to the rest of the universe.
(d) By pouring sleep across the universe.
10. Who did El's son Baal (or Elyon) die fighting?
(a) His brother, Yam.
(b) Anu, his father.
(c) Enki, his uncle.
11. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(b) Their king believed in the number 12.
(c) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
(d) There were only 11 of each.
12. What Sumerian artifact did Sitchin discover that proves the people's knowledge of the solar system?
(a) A pot with twelve stars.
(b) A vase showing eleven squares.
(c) A portrait showing eleven children.
(d) A seal showing eleven circles.
13. Where did An or Anu live?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In his mother's womb.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In the heavens.
14. This planet comes near earth every 3600 years.
15. WHat is the Babylonian name for sun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Sumerian word means "the location of the planets?"
2. Gravitational pull from what planet pulls Marduk?
3. According to Sitchin, who is marked as a follower of God even though he is on Indo-European decent?
4. In Etana's stories, what does Sitchin relate to an eagle?
5. Sitchin revealed that who occupied Israel, Lebanon, and Syria in Chapter 3?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)