|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Kingship on Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) There were only 11 of each.
(b) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
(c) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(d) Their king believed in the number 12.
2. Where did the gods live among the humans?
3. What begins to make the gods angry and causes them to decide to inflict their wrath on man (the Great Flood and Deluge)?
(a) Enlil liked to impose his wrath once in while.
(b) Interbreeding has made inferior offspring.
(c) The gods were falling in love with too many human women.
(d) Gods were picking favorite humans.
4. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
(a) Earth was the only planet.
(b) The heavens moved around a flat Earth.
(c) Earth was in a solar system.
(d) Earth was flat.
5. The Sumerian Great Flood story, who does Enki inform of the impending flood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found in Shanidar cave?
2. Why was Anu's son cast from heaven?
3. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
4. What suggested that man was created from one mold?
5. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)