|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Epic of Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
(a) That life may have come from elsewhere.
(b) That Earth is a terrible place to live.
(c) That humans are the greatest life ever created.
(d) There were more animals than humans in ancient times.
2. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
(b) There were only 11 of each.
(c) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(d) Their king believed in the number 12.
3. Who was the Greek Uranus overthrown by?
4. According to Sitchin, the domestication of animals occurred during what time?
(a) Neolithic period.
(b) Ice Age.
(c) Paleolithic age.
(d) Mesolithic period and the Middle Stone Age.
5. From 11,000 B.C. to 5,000 B.C., what happened to mankind?
(a) Advanced on their own.
(b) Mankind had yet to develop.
(c) Mankind died off.
(d) Incredible advancement among humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sitchin's opinion, what did the gods try to help the Babylonian people in the biblical story about the Tower of Babel?
2. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
3. In Sitchin's estimation, how many years ago was mankind "refreshed"?
4. Who was Kash-Yappa's son?
5. Gravitational pull from what planet pulls Marduk?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)