|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Epic of Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
(a) Lovely artwork.
(b) People's names written decoratively.
(c) Symbols for the gods.
(d) Symbols for the solar system.
2. How was Sitchin able to relate Greek civilization to Hebrew civilization and trace the history of Western civilization?
(a) Through ancient artifacts.
(b) The ancient Christian Bibles.
(c) The Torah.
(d) Through similarities in language.
3. Sitchin found evidence of prior knowledge of the solar system in what cultures?
(a) Hittites and Babylonia.
(c) Mesopotamia, Hittites, Babylonia.
4. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Made up by kings and queens.
(b) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
(c) Not at all true.
(d) Challenged by other cultures.
5. How did Sitchin interpret the Babylonian creation story?
(b) Analyzed the story.
(c) He did not believe it occurred.
(d) The same as other scholars.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sumerians knew to use this substance as a disinfectant.
2. Along with the sun and the moon, what is the 12th object in the solar system?
3. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
4. What Sumerian word means "the location of the planets?"
5. Who in Hindu was the father of the Hindi 12 gods?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)