|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Twelfth Planet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(b) Their king believed in the number 12.
(c) There were only 11 of each.
(d) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
2. Sitchin also claimed that the Sumerians were responsible for the invention of ___________ and ___________.
(a) Driving and Singing.
(b) Weaving and agriculture.
(c) Cooking and Entertaining guests.
(d) Dancing and Painting.
3. Where was the gods' world?
(a) The solar system.
(b) The underworld.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The otherworld.
4. To Sitchin, what were decorative rosettes on Sumerian temples?
(a) People's names written decoratively.
(b) Lovely artwork.
(c) Symbols for the gods.
(d) Symbols for the solar system.
5. Why was Anu's son cast from heaven?
(a) For stealing from his father, Anu.
(b) For mistreating animals.
(c) For killing his brother Ea.
(d) For raping Ninlil (Sud).
Short Answer Questions
1. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
2. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
3. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
4. What is cuneiform?
5. What was found in Shanidar cave?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)