|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Twelfth Planet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Kash-Yappa's son?
2. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) Their king believed in the number 12.
(b) There were only 11 of each.
(c) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(d) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
3. Before Copernicus, what did the Greeks and Romans think about the universe?
(a) The heavens moved around a flat Earth.
(b) Earth was the only planet.
(c) Earth was in a solar system.
(d) Earth was flat.
4. What did the gods seem to wear to help them fly?
(a) Goggles, weapons, and earphones.
(c) Jet packs.
5. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Challenged by other cultures.
(b) Made up by kings and queens.
(c) Not at all true.
(d) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gilgamesh rule?
2. Who was Yam resurrected by?
3. What does the word "Nefilim" mean?
4. What type of orbit is the above planet on?
5. When did Copernicus discover that the planets move around the sun?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)