|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Twelfth Planet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were there 12 gods, signs, and months in a year?
(a) To correspond with the solar system comprised of 12 planets.
(b) Their king believed in the number 12.
(c) The Sumerians had 12 pieces of land separated by water.
(d) There were only 11 of each.
2. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
(a) More ancient than 4600 years old.
(b) A community of pretentious people.
(c) Very motivated people.
3. Where does Gilgamesh rule?
4. From 11,000 B.C. to 5,000 B.C., what happened to mankind?
(a) Incredible advancement among humans.
(b) Mankind had yet to develop.
(c) Advanced on their own.
(d) Mankind died off.
5. What was found in Shanidar cave?
(a) 100,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(b) 44,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(c) 55,000 year old skeletons of a family.
(d) 87,000 year old skeletons of a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many major Sumerian gods are there?
2. Why was Anu's son cast from heaven?
3. What is "Mu" often mistranslated as?
4. Sitchin found evidence of prior knowledge of the solar system in what cultures?
5. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)