|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sumer: Land of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
(a) Randolph Samms.
(b) Randal Sole
(c) Ralph Soleck.
(d) Robert Saul.
2. Who was Marduk?
(a) A cruel father of Anu.
(b) He became the primary god of Babylon.
(c) The father of Zeus.
(d) A mean ruler of Babylon.
3. Who in Hindu was the father of the Hindi 12 gods?
4. Who did Iannna marry?
(a) Enki's son, Dumuzi.
(b) Enki's son, Enlil.
(c) No one.
(d) Her own brother, Ea.
5. Sitchin thought that the uses of this substance was evidence of advanced knowledge of chemistry and medicine, including brain surgery.
(d) Natural gas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
2. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
3. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
4. In Sitchin's estimation, Sumer was an incredibly advanced civilization that lasted for __________.
5. Who was the engineer responsible for man's creation?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)