|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sumer: Land of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
(a) Ralph Soleck.
(b) Robert Saul.
(c) Randal Sole
(d) Randolph Samms.
2. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
(b) Killing one another.
(c) Petty emotions.
(d) Injury and death.
3. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
(a) That life may have come from elsewhere.
(b) That humans are the greatest life ever created.
(c) There were more animals than humans in ancient times.
(d) That Earth is a terrible place to live.
4. Sitchin thought that Akkad, a kingdom, predated Assyria by how years?
5. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Made up by kings and queens.
(b) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
(c) Challenged by other cultures.
(d) Not at all true.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sumerians knew to use this substance as a disinfectant.
2. According to Sitchin, the domestication of animals occurred during what time?
3. Sitchin thought that the uses of this substance was evidence of advanced knowledge of chemistry and medicine, including brain surgery.
4. Who was the Greek Uranus overthrown by?
5. Who was the engineer responsible for man's creation?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)