|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sumer: Land of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which god replaced Hades in the 12 ruling Olympian Gods?
2. In 12TH PLANET, what was Zecharia Sitchin's main argument?
(a) There were (at one time) 15 planets in our solar system.
(b) Sumerian myths of a pantheon of gods are facts.
(c) We are all aliens.
(d) He was a descendant of Jesus.
3. Where did An or Anu live?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In the heavens.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In his mother's womb.
4. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
(a) Killing one another.
(b) Injury and death.
(c) Petty emotions.
5. Why was Anu's son cast from heaven?
(a) For killing his brother Ea.
(b) For mistreating animals.
(c) For stealing from his father, Anu.
(d) For raping Ninlil (Sud).
Short Answer Questions
1. To Sitchin, the chemical makeup and beginnings of life on Earth imply ____________.
2. What was found in Shanidar cave?
3. Because Sumerian seemed to have the first schools, a 2-house legislature, historian, written code of law, and legal reform, Sitchin thought that Sumer must have been ______.
4. What is cuneiform?
5. Who excavated a cave called Shanidar in Kurdish territory in 1957?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)