|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sumer: Land of the Gods.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surprisingly, what were Greek gods subjected to?
(a) Injury and death.
(c) Killing one another.
(d) Petty emotions.
2. What is cuneiform?
(a) The earliest known form of writing.
(b) A language.
(c) The Cuni way of life.
(d) A uniform worn by the gods.
3. What culture shared similarities to the Hittite gods?
4. Which god replaced Hades in the 12 ruling Olympian Gods?
5. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
(a) Ur the conqueror.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) Alexander the Macedonian conquered the Persians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Sitchin able to relate Greek civilization to Hebrew civilization and trace the history of Western civilization?
2. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
3. Where did An or Anu live?
4. How many base numbers were in the Sumerian number system?
5. Who became Anu's lover after 555 B.C.?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)