|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Landing on Planet Earth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sitchin also claimed that the Sumerians were responsible for the invention of ___________ and ___________.
(a) Dancing and Painting.
(b) Weaving and agriculture.
(c) Driving and Singing.
(d) Cooking and Entertaining guests.
2. Who did Iannna marry?
(a) Enki's son, Enlil.
(b) No one.
(c) Her own brother, Ea.
(d) Enki's son, Dumuzi.
3. How many major Sumerian gods are there?
(a) 13 total.
(b) 7 male and 7 female.
(c) 6 male and 6 female.
(d) 18 total.
4. In Sitchin's opinion, what did the gods try to help the Babylonian people in the biblical story about the Tower of Babel?
(a) A sail boat.
(b) A jet pack.
(c) A rocket.
(d) A space ship.
5. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Made up by kings and queens.
(b) Challenged by other cultures.
(c) Not at all true.
(d) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Babylonian creation story written?
2. What does GIlgamesh loose on his way back from heaven?
3. What brings the Greeks in contact with the Persians in 331 B.C.?
4. What does the word "Nefilim" mean?
5. What did the Babylonian New Year celebrations copy?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)