|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The Creation of Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sumerian belief, who may go to heaven?
(a) No one goes to heaven.
(d) Men and gods.
2. Sitchin believed that the stories of Sumerian gods were _________.
(a) Not at all true.
(b) Challenged by other cultures.
(c) Made up by kings and queens.
(d) Specific accounts of the creation of planets.
3. In Sitchin's opinion, why didn't "life" need a sun?
(a) The sun is overrated.
(b) The sun burns up new life.
(c) A planet could generate its own heat to keep it functioning.
(d) Heat is generated by the moon, not the sun.
4. Why couldn't Enki become successor of Anu's throne?
(a) He disobeyed his father too often.
(b) He was not Anu's legitimate son.
(c) He and Anu had a fight.
(d) He did not marry who is father had wanted him to.
5. What type of planet was Shar?
(a) A cold planet.
(b) A water planet.
(c) A planet full of land.
(d) A fiery planet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shar came back into orbit during what years?
2. What was the length of Earth's life determined by?
3. In Chapter 4, which god (and son of Anu) was revealed to have created man and ruled from Nippur?
4. To the Sumerians, the arrival of Marduk and Shar was______.
5. What did Sitchin suggest that "shar" meant?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)