Chapter 1, The Endless Beginning
* In THE 12TH PLANET, Zecharia Sitchin argues that Earth's solar system includes an additional planet called Shar. This planet came near Earth every 3600 years.
* The planet was inhabited by advanced alien beings called Nefilim.
* Many of Sitchin's theories are based on the myths, rituals, and beliefs of the ancient Sumerian culture.
* Sitchin credited the Nefilim for advancing humanity and also for the stories of the Great Flood.
* Sitchin also thought that life didn't seem to be created on Earth. The chemical makeup of Earth implied that life came from another planet.
* Sitchin does not understand how knowledge among the Sumerians could have risen so quickly.
* From 11,000 B.C. to 5,000 B.C., Sitchkin credited an incredible advance among humans, isolated to the Near East, which then declined for 500 years before suddenly starting again.
* The domestication of animals also occurred in the Near East.
Chapter 2, The Sudden Civilization
This section contains 1,505 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)