Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
2. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
3. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
4. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
5. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
Must we burn Sade? What do you think? Upon finding your answer, be sure to create an argument strong enough to try to sway others. Do we burn him? Why? What has he done to deserve this? Why not? How are his works worthy of praise and not punishment?
Based upon the historical acceptance of sexual deviancy, do you believe that the actions of the men in "120 Days of Sodom" were criminal? Why/Why not? (Note: Research the historical acceptance of the sexual actions described in the text before you begin your essay.) When were specific acts considered criminal? Which actions were always considered criminal? Which actions were allowed in certain times in history? Were some actions not necessarily allowed, but looked upon as acceptable as long as no one knew of them?
Compare and contrast the character of Oxtiern in the play "Oxtiern" and in the story "Ernestine." How are the depictions similar? How are they different? Which Oxtiern did you find more offensive? Why?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)