|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
2. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
3. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
4. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
5. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the character of Oxtiern in the play "Oxtiern" and in the story "Ernestine." How are the depictions similar? How are they different? Which Oxtiern did you find more offensive? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Although Sade was an atheist, do you think that he believed himself to be "god-like" or divine? What qualities did he show that would cause one to believe that Sade carried himself like a god? Or, do you believe that Sade thought himself to be simply mortal? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Many ancient cultures, dating back over 4,000 years, boasted very sexual imagery. Some of the imagery was very perverse in nature. While perverse, the desire for such imagery remained among many of the great cultures. Based upon this, do you believe that Sade's writings had a place in his own culture? Why/Why not? Why do you think that writings, such as Sade's, were desired among the great societies of the world?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)