|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
2. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
3. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
4. The "society" collect dues for __________.
5. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
Essay Topic 1
Must we burn Sade? What do you think? Upon finding your answer, be sure to create an argument strong enough to try to sway others. Do we burn him? Why? What has he done to deserve this? Why not? How are his works worthy of praise and not punishment?
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that Sade's writings were pornographic? Or, did he go beyond pornographic for you (as a reader)? Were there specific actions that you would consider "going a little too far"? Or, do you believe that Sade went just far enough?
Essay Topic 3
Do you agree with Villeterque's point of view on Sade's writings? Why/Why not? With what part of his statements do you agree? Why? With what part of his statements do you disagree? Why?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)