|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
2. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
3. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
4. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
5. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe that Sade's writings were pornographic? Or, did he go beyond pornographic for you (as a reader)? Were there specific actions that you would consider "going a little too far"? Or, do you believe that Sade went just far enough?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe that the "Passions" moved from "complex" to "criminal" to "murderous"? What was the progression? What changed as the "Passions" progressed? Why do you believe the "Passions" changed?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, was Duc, the Bishop, the President de Curval, or Durcet the most deviant character? Which character do you believe to be the least deviant? Why? Use textual evidence to support your answer.
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)