Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
2. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
3. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
4. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
5. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
Essay Topic 1
In an age where technology reigns supreme, people are mystified and obsessed with criminals. This is evidenced by television shows which feature serial killers and movies that are meant to disgust and frighten. Do you think that society is ready for Sade? Why/Why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe that the "Passions" moved from "complex" to "criminal" to "murderous"? What was the progression? What changed as the "Passions" progressed? Why do you believe the "Passions" changed?
Essay Topic 3
Women have fought over Sade's writing. Angela Carter ("The Sadeian Woman: And the Ideology of Pornography" (1979)) believed Sade to be a "moral pornographer." Andrea Dworkin ("Pornography: Men Possessing Women" (1979)) saw Sade as the model of the "woman-hating pornographer." With whom do you agree? Did Sade hate women, or did he create a "special place" for women in the lives of men?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)