|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
2. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
3. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In July of 1774.
(b) In October of 1776.
(c) In March of 1772.
(d) In April of 1770.
4. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
5. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(c) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
2. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
3. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
4. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
5. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
2. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
3. During the sixth week festival in December, what happens?
4. Why does Oxtiern tell Fabrice that Ernestine's father has not accompanied her on her travels?
5. What did the introduction of "Oxtiern" state about the play?
6. What is special about the Friday parties?
7. Why do Oxtiern and Madame Scholtz scheme to keep Ernestine and Herman apart?
8. Who are the guests at the first dinner party of the "four libertines"?
9. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
10. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)