|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
2. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
3. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
(a) A sword.
(b) A flower.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A pistol.
4. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
5. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The smoking lounge.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
2. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
3. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice his intentions are regarding Ernestine?
4. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
5. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
2. What did the introduction of "Oxtiern" state about the play?
3. What happens to Narcisse at the supper meal on the First Day?
4. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
5. Why does Oxtiern tell Fabrice that Ernestine's father has not accompanied her on her travels?
6. What are the stage directions for Act One?
7. What are the facts regarding the 150 Complex Passions?
8. What are the facts regarding the 150 Murderous Passions?
9. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
10. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)