|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
2. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) The entrance to a castle.
(b) A stable.
(c) A garden.
(d) A sitting room of an inn.
3. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
4. What is the most imposing mine in all of Sweden?
(a) Aitak mine.
(b) Kiruna mine.
(c) Tarpeg mine.
(d) Sandvik mine.
5. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
2. What was the "unique pleasure" of Father Etienne?
3. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
4. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
5. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
Short Essay Questions
1. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
2. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
3. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
4. What are the facts regarding the 150 Criminal Passions?
5. What are the stage directions for Act One?
6. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
7. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
8. What are the details surrounding Herman?
9. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
10. What does the First Day entail?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)