|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Dalby.
(b) To Hogelid.
(c) To Norrkoping.
(d) To Kalix.
2. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
3. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) A sitting room of an inn.
(b) A garden.
(c) A stable.
(d) The entrance to a castle.
4. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
5. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(b) Interests of pleasure.
(c) Court fines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
2. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
3. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
4. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
5. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the pairings of the "four libertines"?
2. In a short summary, what happens during the action of Duclos' story?
3. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
4. Who assumes the task of the storytelling in December?
5. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
6. During the sixth week festival in December, what happens?
7. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
8. What main concerns does Fabrice have regarding Oxtiern's relationship with Ernestine?
9. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
10. Who are the guests at the first dinner party of the "four libertines"?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)