|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
2. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
(a) Duc and Duclos.
(b) Hercule and Adalaide.
(c) Hyacinthe and Fanny.
(d) The President and Jane.
3. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
4. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
5. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
(a) She swears to kill the Colonel.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She swears she will have him killed.
(d) She tells him to get out of her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is the "First Day"?
2. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
3. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
4. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
5. How much per year does the "society" collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Martaine state that she wants to do on the 10th of January?
2. In a short summary, what happens during the action of Duclos' story?
3. What are the facts regarding the 150 Criminal Passions?
4. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
5. What is special about the Friday parties?
6. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
7. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
8. What does the First Day entail?
9. What main concerns does Fabrice have regarding Oxtiern's relationship with Ernestine?
10. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)