|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
2. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
(a) She swears to kill the Colonel.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She swears she will have him killed.
(d) She tells him to get out of her house.
3. Who challenges Oxtiern to a duel?
(a) Ernestine's brother.
(c) Ernestine's father.
4. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(b) Interests of pleasure.
(d) Court fines.
5. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Become her slave.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill Oxtiern.
(d) Submit to a life of debt to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
2. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
3. Oxtiern tells Derbac his one goal in life is ____________.
4. Why does Oxtiern plan for Ernestine to travel by carriage to Norrkoping?
5. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)