|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
2. How old is Heme in Part Three?
3. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
4. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
5. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) To collect wealth.
(b) The teach.
(c) To study.
(d) To spread peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
2. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
3. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
4. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
5. How many witnesses sign depositions against Herman for the theft of Madame Scholtz's money?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
2. What are the stage directions for Act One?
3. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
4. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
5. What main concerns does Fabrice have regarding Oxtiern's relationship with Ernestine?
6. In a short summary, what happens during the action of Duclos' story?
7. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
8. Why do Oxtiern and Madame Scholtz scheme to keep Ernestine and Herman apart?
9. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
10. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)