|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
2. How much per year does the "society" collect?
(b) 2 million.
(d) 1 million.
3. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
4. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
5. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A barn.
(d) A closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
2. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
3. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
4. On what day is the "First Day"?
5. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In a short summary, what happens during the action of Duclos' story?
2. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice is his only concern?
3. Who are the guests at the first dinner party of the "four libertines"?
4. Why do Oxtiern and Madame Scholtz scheme to keep Ernestine and Herman apart?
5. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
6. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
7. Why does Herman want to wait to marry?
8. What are the stage directions for Act One?
9. What is special about the Friday parties?
10. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)