|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) To collect wealth.
(b) To spread peace.
(c) To study.
(d) The teach.
2. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
3. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
(a) She tells him to get out of her house.
(b) She kills herself.
(c) She swears she will have him killed.
(d) She swears to kill the Colonel.
4. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
5. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
2. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
3. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
4. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
5. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the facts regarding the 150 Murderous Passions?
2. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice is his only concern?
3. In a short summary, what happens during the action of Duclos' story?
4. What is special about the Friday parties?
5. Why does Herman want to wait to marry?
6. What does Martaine state that she wants to do on the 10th of January?
7. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
8. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
9. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
10. What main concerns does Fabrice have regarding Oxtiern's relationship with Ernestine?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)