|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
2. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) To collect wealth.
(b) To study.
(c) The teach.
(d) To spread peace.
3. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
2. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
3. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
4. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
5. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the First Day entail?
2. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
3. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
4. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
5. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
6. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice is his only concern?
7. Who are the guests at the first dinner party of the "four libertines"?
8. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
9. During the sixth week festival in December, what happens?
10. What is special about the Friday parties?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)