|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(a) Madame Plorman's.
(c) Madame Glunch's.
2. Madame Scholtz tells Oxtiern that Herman's profession is that of a ___________.
3. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Homeless boys.
(b) Girls of "superior class."
(d) Homeless girls.
4. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
5. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(c) A servant to help her unpack.
(d) A large meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
2. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
3. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
4. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
5. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
2. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
3. What is special about the Friday parties?
4. What are the details surrounding Herman?
5. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
6. What did the introduction of "Oxtiern" state about the play?
7. Why does Oxtiern tell Fabrice that Ernestine's father has not accompanied her on her travels?
8. Why do Oxtiern and Madame Scholtz scheme to keep Ernestine and Herman apart?
9. At the third dinner party, who are the guests?
10. What are the stage directions for Act One?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)