|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much per year does the "society" collect?
(c) 1 million.
(d) 2 million.
2. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
3. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
(a) A flower.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A sword.
4. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) In prison awaiting hie trial.
(b) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
(c) On the gallows ready to be hung.
(d) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
5. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
2. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
3. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
4. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
5. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
2. What happens to Narcisse at the supper meal on the First Day?
3. What main concerns does Fabrice have regarding Oxtiern's relationship with Ernestine?
4. What are the facts regarding the 150 Complex Passions?
5. Who are the guests at the first dinner party of the "four libertines"?
6. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice is his only concern?
7. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
8. Why do Oxtiern and Madame Scholtz scheme to keep Ernestine and Herman apart?
9. In a short summary, what happens during the action of Duclos' story?
10. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)