|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
(a) A "red-bodied drink."
(b) A coin.
(c) A "faction."
(d) A "sirup."
2. How much per year does the "society" collect?
(b) 2 million.
(c) 1 million.
3. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(a) "Simple Passions."
(c) "Feats of Duc."
(d) "An Afternoon of Love."
4. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Submit to a life of debt to her.
(b) Kill Oxtiern.
(c) Become her slave.
(d) Marry her.
5. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
2. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
3. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
4. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
5. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about the Friday parties?
2. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
3. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
4. What main concerns does Fabrice have regarding Oxtiern's relationship with Ernestine?
5. What does Martaine state that she wants to do on the 10th of January?
6. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
7. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
8. What are the facts regarding the 150 Criminal Passions?
9. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
10. What are the details surrounding Herman?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)