|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(a) Two brothers.
(b) Two sisters.
(d) A brother and sister.
2. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
3. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
4. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Girls of "superior class."
(b) Homeless boys.
(d) Homeless girls.
5. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
(a) 250,000 ducats.
(b) 100,000 ducats.
(c) 10,000 ducats.
(d) 50,000 ducats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
2. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
3. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
4. Who challenges Oxtiern to a duel?
5. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the introduction of "Oxtiern" state about the play?
2. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
3. Who assumes the task of the storytelling in December?
4. What happens to Narcisse at the supper meal on the First Day?
5. What are the stage directions for Act One?
6. Why does Ernestine wish to marry Herman?
7. Why does Herman want to wait to marry?
8. What were the pairings of the "four libertines"?
9. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
10. What is special about the Friday parties?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)