|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
(a) A coin.
(b) A "red-bodied drink."
(c) A "faction."
(d) A "sirup."
2. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In March of 1772.
(b) In April of 1770.
(c) In July of 1774.
(d) In October of 1776.
3. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
4. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(a) A brother and sister.
(b) Two brothers.
(d) Two sisters.
5. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
2. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
3. Oxtiern tells Derbac his one goal in life is ____________.
4. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
5. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
Short Essay Questions
1. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
2. What are the facts regarding the 150 Criminal Passions?
3. Who assumes the task of the storytelling in December?
4. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
5. What happens to Narcisse at the supper meal on the First Day?
6. Why does Herman want to wait to marry?
7. Why does Oxtiern tell Fabrice that Ernestine's father has not accompanied her on her travels?
8. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
9. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice is his only concern?
10. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)