|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
2. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
3. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A sword.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A flower.
4. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
5. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(c) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
2. How much per year does the "society" collect?
3. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
4. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
5. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the sixth week festival in December, what happens?
2. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
3. What did the introduction of "Oxtiern" state about the play?
4. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
5. What is special about the Friday parties?
6. What does Martaine state that she wants to do on the 10th of January?
7. What are the facts regarding the 150 Complex Passions?
8. What are the facts regarding the 150 Murderous Passions?
9. In a short summary, what happens during the action of Duclos' story?
10. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)