|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) The entrance to a castle.
(b) A garden.
(c) A sitting room of an inn.
(d) A stable.
2. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Tell the Colonel about the duel.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Tell Ernestine about the duel.
3. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
4. What is the most imposing mine in all of Sweden?
(a) Aitak mine.
(b) Kiruna mine.
(c) Tarpeg mine.
(d) Sandvik mine.
5. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The wide sash.
(b) The corset.
(c) The little sash.
(d) The apron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
2. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
3. Why does Oxtiern plan for Ernestine to travel by carriage to Norrkoping?
4. Whom is "given" to the company on the 6th night of Part Three?
5. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details surrounding Herman?
2. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
3. When "the story opens," what are the circumstances surrounding Saunders?
4. Who assumes the task of the storytelling in December?
5. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
6. What does the Duc require of Curval if he is to allow Curval to marry his daughter Julie?
7. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
8. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
9. At the third dinner party, who are the guests?
10. During the sixth week festival in December, what happens?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)