|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) December 1.
(b) May 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) November 1.
2. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
3. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
(b) In prison awaiting hie trial.
(c) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
(d) On the gallows ready to be hung.
4. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In March of 1772.
(b) In April of 1770.
(c) In October of 1776.
(d) In July of 1774.
5. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A barn.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most imposing mine in all of Sweden?
2. Who goes to visit Duc on the "First Day"?
3. How much per year does the "society" collect?
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. Why does Oxtiern plan for Ernestine to travel by carriage to Norrkoping?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom do the 150 Simple Passions belong?
2. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
3. What does Martaine state that she wants to do on the 10th of January?
4. What were the pairings of the "four libertines"?
5. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
6. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
7. Why does Oxtiern tell Fabrice that Ernestine's father has not accompanied her on her travels?
8. What is special about the Friday parties?
9. Who are the guests at the first dinner party of the "four libertines"?
10. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)