|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(a) New Year's.
(c) All Hallow's Eve.
2. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
(a) An charmed life.
(b) A secluded life.
(c) A libertine life.
(d) A sad life.
3. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
4. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
5. What book did Sade say that Villeterque had not read, based upon his "stupid account"?
(a) "Le Cocu de Lui-même."
(c) "L'Instituteur Philosophe."
(d) "Les Crimes de L'Amour."
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
2. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
3. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
4. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
5. In what month was Sade married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sade state that he did not want to make vice attractive in his writings?
2. According to Beauvoir, what was Sade like at the age of twenty-three?
3. Through what "relationship" does Sade "compel our attention"?
4. What are the stage directions for Act One?
5. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
6. What does Courval do to find a new wife?
7. Why is Courval considering remarrying?
8. What are the facts regarding the 150 Complex Passions?
9. Why did man write novels?
10. Why did Villeterque state that he would only address one of the questions that Sade posed in "Reflections on the Novel"?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)