|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
2. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 15,000 francs.
(c) 25,000 francs.
(d) 5,000 francs.
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The miracle pageant writers.
(b) The satirists.
(c) The prose writers.
(d) The troubadours.
4. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His wife.
5. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was a criminal.
(b) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(c) Sade was maladjusted.
(d) Sade was bipolar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
3. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
4. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
5. How old is Florville during the action of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the writings of Crebillion speak about?
2. What was the contradiction that Villeterque set up regarding glory, virtue, and villainy?
3. Why does Herman want to wait to marry?
4. What is special about the Friday parties?
5. What are the facts regarding the 150 Murderous Passions?
6. Why does the narrator wish to see the famous mines in Sweden?
7. Why do Oxtiern and Madame Scholtz scheme to keep Ernestine and Herman apart?
8. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
9. What did Sade believe regarding motion?
10. What main concerns does Fabrice have regarding Oxtiern's relationship with Ernestine?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)