|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
2. How old is Florville during the action of the story?
3. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
4. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
5. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Juliette et Raunai."
(b) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
(c) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(d) "Le Président Mystifié."
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
2. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
4. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
5. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things does the "arranger" believe Florville has that count against her?
2. What was Sade's last wish to be respected?
3. What did Sade say that Voltaire did when he wrote?
4. What did Klossowski state that Sade believed regarding "Nature in a state of perpetual motion"?
5. What did Klossowski quote from "The 120 Days of Sodom" regarding happiness?
6. What did Sade state about Vileterque's response to "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
7. What did the writings of Crebillion speak about?
8. According to Pierre Klossowski, why could God be viewed as "the original guilty party"?
9. Why did Villeterque state that Sade held "erroneous opinions"?
10. Through what "relationship" does Sade "compel our attention"?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)