|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) A history of his life in Bastille.
(b) An objective view on his work.
(c) An authentic portrait of him.
(d) A record of his crimes.
2. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
3. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
4. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
5. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were stolen.
(b) They were burned.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were banned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
2. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
3. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
4. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
5. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mademoiselle de Florville.
2. What did Klossowski quote from "The 120 Days of Sodom" regarding happiness?
3. Where did Sade believe that the original and eternal Nature existed?
4. What are the stage directions for Act One?
5. What did the writings of Crebillion speak about?
6. Who assumes the task of the storytelling in December?
7. What were the pairings of the "four libertines"?
8. What did Sade state about Vileterque's response to "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
9. What do the "four libertines" do to strengthen their ties?
10. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)