Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
2. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Caaux.
(b) Near Laiz.
(c) Near Nemours.
(d) Near Saulcet.
3. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(b) Thackeray .
4. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
5. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
(a) Hack writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
2. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
3. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
4. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
5. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Duclos continues her story on the First Day, what questions does Duc have regarding the story?
2. Why did Villeterque state that he would only address one of the questions that Sade posed in "Reflections on the Novel"?
3. What are the facts regarding the 150 Complex Passions?
4. What were the pairings of the "four libertines"?
5. What are the stage directions for Act Three?
6. What was the progression of the novel throughout history?
7. Why does Duclos' story get interrupted on the First Day?
8. Why does Herman want to wait to marry?
9. Describe Mademoiselle de Florville.
10. What did the writings of Crebillion speak about?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)