|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
(a) Out of context delusions.
(b) Out of context passages of dialogue.
(c) Out of context passages of lust.
(d) Out of context isolated phrases.
2. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
3. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
4. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 25,000 francs.
(c) 15,000 francs.
(d) 5,000 francs.
5. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) An authentic portrait of him.
(b) An objective view on his work.
(c) A history of his life in Bastille.
(d) A record of his crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
2. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
3. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
4. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
5. How many children does Courval have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Villeterque state that he would only address one of the questions that Sade posed in "Reflections on the Novel"?
2. What did Sade state about Vileterque's response to "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
3. Describe Mademoiselle de Florville.
4. According to Beauvoir, what was Sade like at the age of twenty-three?
5. What does Florville require of Courval before she will agree to marry him?
6. What was Sade's last wish to be respected?
7. What was the description of Sade from March 1793?
8. What does Courval do to find a new wife?
9. Where did Sade believe that the original and eternal Nature existed?
10. According to Sade, how did Villeterque use "out of context isolated phrases"?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)