|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
2. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(a) The Court.
3. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
(a) Francois V.
(b) Charles II.
(c) Louis XIV.
4. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In October of 1776.
(b) In July of 1774.
(c) In April of 1770.
(d) In March of 1772.
5. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
(a) 10,000 ducats.
(b) 250,000 ducats.
(c) 50,000 ducats.
(d) 100,000 ducats.
6. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
7. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
8. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
9. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
10. How many witnesses sign depositions against Herman for the theft of Madame Scholtz's money?
11. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) May 1.
(b) December 1.
(c) November 1.
(d) January 1.
12. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) To study.
(b) To spread peace.
(c) The teach.
(d) To collect wealth.
13. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
14. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Submit to a life of debt to her.
(c) Become her slave.
(d) Kill Oxtiern.
15. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The smoking lounge.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The library.
(d) The throne room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
2. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
3. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
4. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
5. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)