|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A barn.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) A closet.
(d) A coffin.
2. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
(b) Bondage attire.
(c) Feminine attire.
3. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
4. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
(a) Their wives.
(c) All of the boys.
(d) The young maids.
5. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
(c) The President.
6. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
7. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) Vile and foul creatures.
(b) The purest creatures.
(c) The oldest creatures.
(d) The youngest creatues.
8. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
9. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(a) The Court.
10. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) May 1.
(b) December 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) November 1.
11. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
(b) In prison awaiting hie trial.
(c) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
(d) On the gallows ready to be hung.
12. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
13. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
14. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A large meal.
(d) A servant to help her unpack.
15. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
2. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
3. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
4. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
5. Why does Oxtiern plan for Ernestine to travel by carriage to Norrkoping?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)