|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
2. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
3. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) The teach.
(b) To collect wealth.
(c) To spread peace.
(d) To study.
4. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(b) Madame Plorman's.
(d) Madame Glunch's.
5. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
6. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
7. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice his intentions are regarding Ernestine?
(a) To make her his mistress.
(b) To murder her.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To send her away.
8. What is cut off in Tale 46 in Part Three?
(a) Someone's hair.
(b) Someone's finger.
(c) Someone's arm.
(d) Someone's toe.
9. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
10. The window of Mademoiselle Ernestine's opens to face _____________.
(b) The garden.
(c) The stables.
(d) The Maze.
11. What does Madame Scholtz and Oxtiern plan to do to break up Herman and Ernestine?
(a) Have Oxtiern abduct Ernestine.
(b) Get rid of Herman and Ernestine.
(c) Get rid of Ernestine.
(d) Get rid of Herman.
12. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
(a) A "sirup."
(b) A coin.
(c) A "red-bodied drink."
(d) A "faction."
13. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
(a) All women.
(b) All men.
(c) Three men and three women.
(d) One man and one woman.
14. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
15. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(c) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
2. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
3. Whom is "given" to the company on the 6th night of Part Three?
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)