|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
2. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
3. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
4. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
5. What was the "unique pleasure" of Father Etienne?
(a) Educating little boys.
(b) Educating little girls.
(c) Educating other Fathers.
(d) Educating himself.
6. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
(a) 100,000 ducats.
(b) 10,000 ducats.
(c) 50,000 ducats.
(d) 250,000 ducats.
7. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The smoking lounge.
(c) The billiards room.
(d) The library.
8. Who challenges Oxtiern to a duel?
(b) Ernestine's father.
(c) Ernestine's brother.
9. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
10. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
11. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
(a) Challenge Oxtiern to a duel.
(b) Run away so as not to be killed.
(c) Tell her father they were to marry the next day.
(d) Hide her.
12. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
13. Whom is "given" to the company on the 6th night of Part Three?
14. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Men only.
(b) Women only.
(c) Only the members of the "society."
(d) Both women and men.
15. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Dalby.
(b) To Hogelid.
(c) To Kalix.
(d) To Norrkoping.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
2. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
3. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
4. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
5. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)