|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
2. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
(a) Have dinner.
(b) Tell the Colonel about the duel.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Tell Ernestine about the duel.
3. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
4. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
(a) Charles II.
(c) Louis XIV.
(d) Francois V.
5. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Men only.
(b) Both women and men.
(c) Only the members of the "society."
(d) Women only.
6. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
7. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) In prison awaiting hie trial.
(b) On the gallows ready to be hung.
(c) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
(d) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
8. What was the "unique pleasure" of Father Etienne?
(a) Educating little boys.
(b) Educating other Fathers.
(c) Educating himself.
(d) Educating little girls.
9. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
10. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
11. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Submit to a life of debt to her.
(c) Kill Oxtiern.
(d) Become her slave.
12. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
13. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
14. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
(a) Their wives.
(b) The young maids.
(c) All of the boys.
15. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(c) Madame Glunch's.
(d) Madame Plorman's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
2. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
3. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
4. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
5. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)