|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
(b) Francois V.
(c) Charles II.
(d) Louis XIV.
2. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(a) A large meal.
(c) A servant to help her unpack.
(d) A bottle of wine.
3. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(a) Two sisters.
(b) A brother and sister.
(d) Two brothers.
4. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
5. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
(a) His common religion with the Colonel.
(b) His debt to the Colonel.
(c) His gratitude to the Colonel.
(d) His love for the Colonel's daughter.
6. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
7. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice his intentions are regarding Ernestine?
(a) To send her away.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To make her his mistress.
(d) To murder her.
8. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Kill Oxtiern.
(b) Become her slave.
(c) Submit to a life of debt to her.
(d) Marry her.
9. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
10. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) A stable.
(b) The entrance to a castle.
(c) A garden.
(d) A sitting room of an inn.
11. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
(b) The young maids.
(c) Their wives.
(d) All of the boys.
12. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
(a) Celadon and Sophie.
(b) Dimitri and Sophia.
(c) Martin and Blathe.
(d) Stal and Aphrodite.
13. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
14. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Women only.
(b) Men only.
(c) Both women and men.
(d) Only the members of the "society."
15. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
2. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
3. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
4. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
5. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)