|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(a) Madame Plorman's.
(c) Madame Glunch's.
2. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
3. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(b) A large meal.
(c) A servant to help her unpack.
(d) A bottle of wine.
4. Madame Scholtz tells Oxtiern that Herman's profession is that of a ___________.
5. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
(a) One man and one woman.
(b) All women.
(c) Three men and three women.
(d) All men.
6. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(a) Court fines.
(d) Interests of pleasure.
7. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) November 1.
(b) January 1.
(c) December 1.
(d) May 1.
8. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Dalby.
(b) To Norrkoping.
(c) To Kalix.
(d) To Hogelid.
9. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
10. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Men only.
(b) Both women and men.
(c) Only the members of the "society."
(d) Women only.
11. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(a) The Court.
12. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
13. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
14. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A closet.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A barn.
15. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Homeless boys.
(b) Girls of "superior class."
(c) Homeless girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
2. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
3. What is cut off in Tale 46 in Part Three?
4. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
5. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)