|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In March of 1772.
(b) In April of 1770.
(c) In October of 1776.
(d) In July of 1774.
2. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
3. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
4. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
5. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
6. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
(a) Hide her.
(b) Challenge Oxtiern to a duel.
(c) Tell her father they were to marry the next day.
(d) Run away so as not to be killed.
7. Who goes to visit Duc on the "First Day"?
8. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A sword.
(d) A flower.
9. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(b) Madame Glunch's.
(c) Madame Plorman's.
10. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) In prison awaiting hie trial.
(b) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
(c) On the gallows ready to be hung.
(d) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
11. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Kalix.
(b) To Norrkoping.
(c) To Dalby.
(d) To Hogelid.
12. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(d) The Court.
13. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
(a) Hercule and Adalaide.
(b) The President and Jane.
(c) Duc and Duclos.
(d) Hyacinthe and Fanny.
14. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
15. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
2. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
3. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
4. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
5. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)