|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
2. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The wide sash.
(b) The corset.
(c) The apron.
(d) The little sash.
3. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
4. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
(a) Martin and Blathe.
(b) Dimitri and Sophia.
(c) Celadon and Sophie.
(d) Stal and Aphrodite.
5. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) The teach.
(b) To collect wealth.
(c) To study.
(d) To spread peace.
6. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(a) A large meal.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(d) A servant to help her unpack.
7. Oxtiern tells Derbac his one goal in life is ____________.
(a) To be married.
(b) To be published as a poet.
(c) To be happy.
(d) To be wealthy.
8. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
9. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
10. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In July of 1774.
(b) In March of 1772.
(c) In April of 1770.
(d) In October of 1776.
11. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
(a) A nurse maid.
(b) A slave.
(c) A duenna.
(d) One of their wives.
12. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The library.
(c) The smoking lounge.
(d) The billiards room.
13. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
14. Whom is "given" to the company on the 6th night of Part Three?
15. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cut off in Tale 46 in Part Three?
2. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
3. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
4. How old is Heme in Part Three?
5. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)