|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) The entrance to a castle.
(b) A sitting room of an inn.
(c) A garden.
(d) A stable.
2. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
3. What is cut off in Tale 46 in Part Three?
(a) Someone's arm.
(b) Someone's finger.
(c) Someone's hair.
(d) Someone's toe.
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
6. Who challenges Oxtiern to a duel?
(c) Ernestine's brother.
(d) Ernestine's father.
7. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
(a) One man and one woman.
(b) Three men and three women.
(c) All women.
(d) All men.
8. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
(b) Louis XIV.
(c) Charles II.
(d) Francois V.
9. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) The youngest creatues.
(b) Vile and foul creatures.
(c) The purest creatures.
(d) The oldest creatures.
10. What is the most imposing mine in all of Sweden?
(a) Sandvik mine.
(b) Kiruna mine.
(c) Aitak mine.
(d) Tarpeg mine.
11. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Dalby.
(b) To Kalix.
(c) To Norrkoping.
(d) To Hogelid.
12. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
13. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(d) The Court.
14. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(b) Interests of pleasure.
(d) Court fines.
15. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In July of 1774.
(b) In April of 1770.
(c) In October of 1776.
(d) In March of 1772.
Short Answer Questions
1. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
2. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
3. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
4. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
5. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)