|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) The oldest creatures.
(b) Vile and foul creatures.
(c) The purest creatures.
(d) The youngest creatues.
2. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
(a) More than 50.
(b) More than 30.
(c) More than 20.
(d) More than 40.
3. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice his intentions are regarding Ernestine?
(a) To send her away.
(b) To murder her.
(c) To make her his mistress.
(d) To marry her.
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(b) Madame Glunch's.
(c) Madame Plorman's.
6. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
7. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
8. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(a) "An Afternoon of Love."
(c) "Feats of Duc."
(d) "Simple Passions."
9. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
(a) 12:00 pm.
(b) 6:00 am.
(c) 10:00 am.
(d) 8:00 am.
10. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
11. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
12. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(a) The truth.
13. How old is Heme in Part Three?
14. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
15. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The little sash.
(b) The wide sash.
(c) The apron.
(d) The corset.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
2. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
3. Oxtiern tells Derbac his one goal in life is ____________.
4. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
5. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)