|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(a) Madame Plorman's.
(c) Madame Glunch's.
2. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
3. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
(a) All men.
(b) One man and one woman.
(c) All women.
(d) Three men and three women.
4. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
(a) Dimitri and Sophia.
(b) Stal and Aphrodite.
(c) Celadon and Sophie.
(d) Martin and Blathe.
5. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The billiards room.
(b) The library.
(c) The smoking lounge.
(d) The throne room.
6. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(b) Interests of pleasure.
(d) Court fines.
7. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
(b) On the gallows ready to be hung.
(c) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
(d) In prison awaiting hie trial.
8. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
9. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(a) Two sisters.
(c) Two brothers.
(d) A brother and sister.
10. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
11. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(b) Homeless boys.
(c) Homeless girls.
(d) Girls of "superior class."
12. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
13. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) The purest creatures.
(b) Vile and foul creatures.
(c) The youngest creatues.
(d) The oldest creatures.
14. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
(a) 250,000 ducats.
(b) 50,000 ducats.
(c) 10,000 ducats.
(d) 100,000 ducats.
15. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Submit to a life of debt to her.
(b) Kill Oxtiern.
(c) Become her slave.
(d) Marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
2. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
3. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
4. On what day is the "First Day"?
5. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)