|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to visit Duc on the "First Day"?
2. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(b) The truth.
3. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) May 1.
(b) December 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) November 1.
4. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) A stable.
(b) A sitting room of an inn.
(c) The entrance to a castle.
(d) A garden.
5. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
6. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
7. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(b) "Feats of Duc."
(c) "Simple Passions."
(d) "An Afternoon of Love."
8. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
9. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
10. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
11. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
(a) She swears she will have him killed.
(b) She tells him to get out of her house.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She swears to kill the Colonel.
12. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
13. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
14. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(a) Madame Plorman's.
(c) Madame Glunch's.
15. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice his intentions are regarding Ernestine?
2. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
3. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)