|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
2. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(a) A brother and sister.
(b) Two brothers.
(d) Two sisters.
3. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
4. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(a) A large meal.
(c) A servant to help her unpack.
(d) A bottle of wine.
5. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
6. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
(a) They were from a convent.
(b) They were from the prisons.
(c) They were from a brothel.
(d) They were abducted.
7. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
(a) She tells him to get out of her house.
(b) She swears to kill the Colonel.
(c) She swears she will have him killed.
(d) She kills herself.
8. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
(a) Three men and three women.
(b) One man and one woman.
(c) All women.
(d) All men.
9. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
(a) Louis XIV.
(c) Francois V.
(d) Charles II.
10. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
(c) The President.
11. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
12. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice his intentions are regarding Ernestine?
(a) To send her away.
(b) To make her his mistress.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To murder her.
13. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(d) The Devil.
14. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
(a) Celadon and Sophie.
(b) Dimitri and Sophia.
(c) Martin and Blathe.
(d) Stal and Aphrodite.
15. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
(a) Hyacinthe and Fanny.
(b) The President and Jane.
(c) Duc and Duclos.
(d) Hercule and Adalaide.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
2. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
3. The window of Mademoiselle Ernestine's opens to face _____________.
4. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
5. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)