|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
2. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
3. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(c) The Devil.
4. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(a) A servant to help her unpack.
(b) A large meal.
(c) A bottle of wine.
5. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
(a) Run away so as not to be killed.
(b) Tell her father they were to marry the next day.
(c) Challenge Oxtiern to a duel.
(d) Hide her.
6. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
(a) 10,000 ducats.
(b) 100,000 ducats.
(c) 250,000 ducats.
(d) 50,000 ducats.
7. What does the "society" have to authenticate in regard to the "young maids" at the fourth dinner party?
(a) Their reproductive ability.
(b) Their virginity.
(c) Their bloodlines.
(d) Their abandonment.
8. What was the "unique pleasure" of Father Etienne?
(a) Educating little boys.
(b) Educating little girls.
(c) Educating other Fathers.
(d) Educating himself.
9. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
10. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(a) Court fines.
(b) Interests of pleasure.
11. The window of Mademoiselle Ernestine's opens to face _____________.
(a) The stables.
(c) The Maze.
(d) The garden.
12. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A flower.
(c) A sword.
(d) A pistol.
13. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
14. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) A sitting room of an inn.
(b) The entrance to a castle.
(c) A stable.
(d) A garden.
15. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
2. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
3. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
4. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
5. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)