|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) Vile and foul creatures.
(b) The youngest creatues.
(c) The purest creatures.
(d) The oldest creatures.
2. What is the most imposing mine in all of Sweden?
(a) Aitak mine.
(b) Sandvik mine.
(c) Kiruna mine.
(d) Tarpeg mine.
3. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
4. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
(a) One of their wives.
(b) A duenna.
(c) A nurse maid.
(d) A slave.
5. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
6. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Women only.
(b) Both women and men.
(c) Only the members of the "society."
(d) Men only.
7. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(a) A large meal.
(b) A servant to help her unpack.
(d) A bottle of wine.
8. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A closet.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A barn.
9. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
10. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
11. Oxtiern tells Derbac his one goal in life is ____________.
(a) To be wealthy.
(b) To be happy.
(c) To be published as a poet.
(d) To be married.
12. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
(a) Celadon and Sophie.
(b) Martin and Blathe.
(c) Stal and Aphrodite.
(d) Dimitri and Sophia.
13. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(a) Madame Plorman's.
(d) Madame Glunch's.
14. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(b) The truth.
15. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(a) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
2. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
3. How old is Heme in Part Three?
4. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
5. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)