|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Oxtiern plan for Ernestine to travel by carriage to Norrkoping?
(a) She needed to arrive refreshed.
(b) She needed to be able to be watched from afar.
(c) She would be safer.
(d) She was afraid of the sea.
2. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In March of 1772.
(b) In July of 1774.
(c) In October of 1776.
(d) In April of 1770.
3. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
4. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
(a) Three men and three women.
(b) All men.
(c) All women.
(d) One man and one woman.
5. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
6. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
(a) Hercule and Adalaide.
(b) Duc and Duclos.
(c) Hyacinthe and Fanny.
(d) The President and Jane.
7. The window of Mademoiselle Ernestine's opens to face _____________.
(b) The garden.
(c) The stables.
(d) The Maze.
8. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
9. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
(a) Louis XIV.
(b) Charles II.
(c) Francois V.
10. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
(a) Their wives.
(c) The young maids.
(d) All of the boys.
11. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Homeless girls.
(b) Homeless boys.
(c) Girls of "superior class."
12. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
13. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
(d) The President.
14. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
15. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
2. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
3. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
4. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
5. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)