|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
(c) Bondage attire.
(d) Feminine attire.
2. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
(a) More than 50.
(b) More than 40.
(c) More than 30.
(d) More than 20.
3. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
4. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
5. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) December 1.
(b) May 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) November 1.
6. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(b) Interests of pleasure.
(c) Court fines.
7. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
8. What does Madame Scholtz and Oxtiern plan to do to break up Herman and Ernestine?
(a) Get rid of Ernestine.
(b) Have Oxtiern abduct Ernestine.
(c) Get rid of Herman and Ernestine.
(d) Get rid of Herman.
9. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
(a) She swears to kill the Colonel.
(b) She swears she will have him killed.
(c) She tells him to get out of her house.
(d) She kills herself.
10. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
11. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
12. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
(a) Challenge Oxtiern to a duel.
(b) Tell her father they were to marry the next day.
(c) Hide her.
(d) Run away so as not to be killed.
13. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
14. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Girls of "superior class."
(b) Homeless girls.
(c) Homeless boys.
15. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
2. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
3. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
4. How much per year does the "society" collect?
5. How many witnesses sign depositions against Herman for the theft of Madame Scholtz's money?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)