|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
2. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Homeless girls.
(b) Girls of "superior class."
(c) Homeless boys.
3. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
4. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In April of 1770.
(b) In July of 1774.
(c) In October of 1776.
(d) In March of 1772.
5. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
6. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Kill Oxtiern.
(c) Submit to a life of debt to her.
(d) Become her slave.
7. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
8. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
9. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
10. Who challenges Oxtiern to a duel?
(a) Ernestine's father.
(b) Ernestine's brother.
11. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
12. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
13. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(c) The truth.
14. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
15. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
(a) More than 20.
(b) More than 50.
(c) More than 30.
(d) More than 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
2. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
3. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
4. How old is Heme in Part Three?
5. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)