|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most imposing mine in all of Sweden?
(a) Tarpeg mine.
(b) Aitak mine.
(c) Sandvik mine.
(d) Kiruna mine.
2. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
3. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
4. When the Colonel and Ernestine arrive at Stockholm, whose home do they visit?
(a) Madame Plorman's.
(d) Madame Glunch's.
5. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
(a) A sword.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A flower.
6. Madame Scholtz tells Oxtiern that Herman's profession is that of a ___________.
7. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A closet.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A barn.
8. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
(b) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
(c) In prison awaiting hie trial.
(d) On the gallows ready to be hung.
9. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The wide sash.
(b) The little sash.
(c) The corset.
(d) The apron.
10. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Homeless boys.
(b) Homeless girls.
(c) Girls of "superior class."
11. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
12. Oxtiern tells Derbac his one goal in life is ____________.
(a) To be married.
(b) To be happy.
(c) To be wealthy.
(d) To be published as a poet.
13. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
14. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Kalix.
(b) To Norrkoping.
(c) To Hogelid.
(d) To Dalby.
15. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(c) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
2. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
3. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
4. What does Madame Scholtz and Oxtiern plan to do to break up Herman and Ernestine?
5. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)