|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) Vile and foul creatures.
(b) The purest creatures.
(c) The youngest creatues.
(d) The oldest creatures.
2. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
3. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
(a) More than 20.
(b) More than 30.
(c) More than 50.
(d) More than 40.
4. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
(a) They were from a convent.
(b) They were from a brothel.
(c) They were from the prisons.
(d) They were abducted.
5. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Kill Oxtiern.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Become her slave.
(d) Submit to a life of debt to her.
6. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
7. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
(a) His debt to the Colonel.
(b) His love for the Colonel's daughter.
(c) His gratitude to the Colonel.
(d) His common religion with the Colonel.
8. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The wide sash.
(b) The apron.
(c) The little sash.
(d) The corset.
9. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(a) Two brothers.
(b) A brother and sister.
(c) Two sisters.
10. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
11. Whom is "given" to the company on the 6th night of Part Three?
12. Who challenges Oxtiern to a duel?
(a) Ernestine's father.
(c) Ernestine's brother.
13. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
14. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(a) A servant to help her unpack.
(b) A large meal.
(d) A bottle of wine.
15. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
(a) Hyacinthe and Fanny.
(b) Hercule and Adalaide.
(c) Duc and Duclos.
(d) The President and Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
2. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
3. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
4. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
5. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)