|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
2. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
3. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
4. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
5. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
6. Who goes to visit Duc on the "First Day"?
7. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
8. How much per year does the "society" collect?
(c) 2 million.
(d) 1 million.
9. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The wide sash.
(b) The apron.
(c) The little sash.
(d) The corset.
10. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
11. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
12. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
13. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
14. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
15. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The billiards room.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The smoking lounge.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
2. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
3. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
4. What is the most imposing mine in all of Sweden?
5. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)