|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(a) "Simple Passions."
(b) "An Afternoon of Love."
(c) "Feats of Duc."
2. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
3. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The smoking lounge.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The library.
(d) The billiards room.
4. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) November 1.
(b) December 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) May 1.
5. The window of Mademoiselle Ernestine's opens to face _____________.
(b) The garden.
(c) The Maze.
(d) The stables.
6. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
7. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
8. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
(a) They were abducted.
(b) They were from a brothel.
(c) They were from the prisons.
(d) They were from a convent.
9. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(d) The Court.
10. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
11. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
12. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) The entrance to a castle.
(b) A stable.
(c) A sitting room of an inn.
(d) A garden.
13. In addition to confessing to the theft of Madame Scholtz's money, what else does she require Herman to do?
(a) Submit to a life of debt to her.
(b) Kill Oxtiern.
(c) Become her slave.
(d) Marry her.
14. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(a) Interests of pleasure.
(b) Court fines.
15. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The wide sash.
(b) The little sash.
(c) The corset.
(d) The apron.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
2. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
3. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
4. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
5. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)