|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The apron.
(b) The wide sash.
(c) The little sash.
(d) The corset.
2. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(b) "An Afternoon of Love."
(c) "Simple Passions."
(d) "Feats of Duc."
3. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
(d) The truth.
4. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) A garden.
(b) The entrance to a castle.
(c) A sitting room of an inn.
(d) A stable.
5. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
(a) The President and Jane.
(b) Duc and Duclos.
(c) Hercule and Adalaide.
(d) Hyacinthe and Fanny.
6. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
7. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
8. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
9. Why does Oxtiern plan for Ernestine to travel by carriage to Norrkoping?
(a) She needed to be able to be watched from afar.
(b) She needed to arrive refreshed.
(c) She would be safer.
(d) She was afraid of the sea.
10. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
11. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
(c) The President.
12. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The billiards room.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The library.
(d) The smoking lounge.
13. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
14. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
15. What does Madame Scholtz do when Herman refuses her advances?
(a) She tells him to get out of her house.
(b) She swears she will have him killed.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She swears to kill the Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
2. The "society" collect dues for __________.
3. How much per year does the "society" collect?
4. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
5. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)