|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
(a) His debt to the Colonel.
(b) His common religion with the Colonel.
(c) His love for the Colonel's daughter.
(d) His gratitude to the Colonel.
2. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) A garden.
(b) A stable.
(c) The entrance to a castle.
(d) A sitting room of an inn.
3. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
4. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A barn.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A closet.
5. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
6. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
7. What was the "unique pleasure" of Father Etienne?
(a) Educating other Fathers.
(b) Educating himself.
(c) Educating little girls.
(d) Educating little boys.
8. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Men only.
(b) Women only.
(c) Only the members of the "society."
(d) Both women and men.
9. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(a) "An Afternoon of Love."
(c) "Simple Passions."
(d) "Feats of Duc."
10. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
11. Oxtiern's protege protege is considered to be _____________.
12. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In March of 1772.
(b) In July of 1774.
(c) In April of 1770.
(d) In October of 1776.
13. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
14. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
15. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction to "Oxtiern," Sade was "particularly attached" to _____________.
2. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
3. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
4. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
5. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)