|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
(a) His gratitude to the Colonel.
(b) His debt to the Colonel.
(c) His love for the Colonel's daughter.
(d) His common religion with the Colonel.
2. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
(a) Stal and Aphrodite.
(b) Dimitri and Sophia.
(c) Martin and Blathe.
(d) Celadon and Sophie.
3. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(b) Two brothers.
(c) Two sisters.
(d) A brother and sister.
4. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(a) Girls of "superior class."
(c) Homeless boys.
(d) Homeless girls.
5. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
(a) Have breakfast.
(b) Tell Ernestine about the duel.
(c) Have dinner.
(d) Tell the Colonel about the duel.
6. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A barn.
(d) A closet.
7. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
8. On the evening of the 9th of December, what is Michette allowed to wear?
(a) The apron.
(b) The little sash.
(c) The wide sash.
(d) The corset.
9. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) To spread peace.
(b) The teach.
(c) To study.
(d) To collect wealth.
10. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(a) "Simple Passions."
(b) "Feats of Duc."
(d) "An Afternoon of Love."
11. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Dalby.
(b) To Hogelid.
(c) To Norrkoping.
(d) To Kalix.
12. What is cut off in Tale 46 in Part Three?
(a) Someone's arm.
(b) Someone's finger.
(c) Someone's hair.
(d) Someone's toe.
13. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) Vile and foul creatures.
(b) The youngest creatues.
(c) The oldest creatures.
(d) The purest creatures.
14. How many witnesses sign depositions against Herman for the theft of Madame Scholtz's money?
15. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
(a) Feminine attire.
(d) Bondage attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
2. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
3. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
4. On what day is the "First Day"?
5. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)