|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
2. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
3. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
(a) All of the boys.
(c) Their wives.
(d) The young maids.
4. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) To collect wealth.
(b) The teach.
(c) To study.
(d) To spread peace.
5. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
6. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) Vile and foul creatures.
(b) The youngest creatues.
(c) The oldest creatures.
(d) The purest creatures.
7. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In October of 1776.
(b) In July of 1774.
(c) In March of 1772.
(d) In April of 1770.
8. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
9. What does Madame Scholtz and Oxtiern plan to do to break up Herman and Ernestine?
(a) Get rid of Ernestine.
(b) Get rid of Herman and Ernestine.
(c) Get rid of Herman.
(d) Have Oxtiern abduct Ernestine.
10. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
11. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) The entrance to a castle.
(b) A garden.
(c) A sitting room of an inn.
(d) A stable.
12. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
13. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
14. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
15. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
2. Whom is "given" to the company on the 6th night of Part Three?
3. How much per year does the "society" collect?
4. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
5. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)