|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Norrkoping.
(b) To Dalby.
(c) To Hogelid.
(d) To Kalix.
2. Why does Oxtiern plan for Ernestine to travel by carriage to Norrkoping?
(a) She needed to be able to be watched from afar.
(b) She would be safer.
(c) She needed to arrive refreshed.
(d) She was afraid of the sea.
3. Whom does Fabrice call the most dangerous man in Sweden?
4. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In March of 1772.
(b) In April of 1770.
(c) In July of 1774.
(d) In October of 1776.
5. On the 1st of December, how many tales does Champville tell?
6. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
7. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(c) The Court.
8. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
9. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
10. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
11. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
12. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
13. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(d) The Devil.
14. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
(c) The President.
15. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
2. How much per year does the "society" collect?
3. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
4. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
5. Oxtiern tells Derbac his one goal in life is ____________.
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)