|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Caaux.
(b) Near Saulcet.
(c) Near Laiz.
(d) Near Nemours.
2. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
(b) A slave boy.
(d) An officer in the Navy.
3. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
4. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
5. How many years longer does Sade say that Courval will live?
6. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
7. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
8. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
9. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
10. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
(a) A secluded life.
(b) A sad life.
(c) An charmed life.
(d) A libertine life.
11. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
(b) Hack writer.
12. Where did Florville go to give birth?
13. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
14. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
15. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
2. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
3. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
4. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
5. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)