|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was Sade married?
2. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Aberrations of Nature.
(b) Sinful memories.
(c) Immoral books.
(d) Sins against God.
3. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
4. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
5. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
(b) "Le Président Mystifié."
(c) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(d) "Juliette et Raunai."
6. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Prayer and desire.
(b) Desire and need.
(c) Lust and love.
(d) Prayer and love.
7. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(d) De Sevigne.
8. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
9. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
(a) A sad life.
(b) A secluded life.
(c) A libertine life.
(d) An charmed life.
10. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
11. Where did Florville go to give birth?
12. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
13. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
14. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
15. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
2. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
3. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
4. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
5. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)