|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator tells Falkeniem that his sole purpose in traveling is ___________.
(a) To spread peace.
(b) To collect wealth.
(c) The teach.
(d) To study.
2. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
(a) They were from the prisons.
(b) They were from a convent.
(c) They were from a brothel.
(d) They were abducted.
3. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
4. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
5. When Ernestine sees Herman for the first time after he is accused of theft, where is he?
(a) On the gallows ready to be hung.
(b) On a road, beaten and stripped naked.
(c) In prison awaiting hie trial.
(d) Crying in the arms of Madame Scholtz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
2. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
3. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
4. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
5. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)