|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
2. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
3. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
4. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) The entrance to a castle.
(b) A sitting room of an inn.
(c) A garden.
(d) A stable.
5. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) May 1.
(b) December 1.
(c) November 1.
(d) January 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator questions Falkeniem about __________.
2. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
4. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
5. How much per year does the "society" collect?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)