|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
2. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
3. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
(a) The Court.
4. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The reality of sin.
(b) The beginning of tragedy.
(c) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(d) The right to do as one wished.
5. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
2. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
3. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
4. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
5. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)