|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
2. Who gets married during the sixth week's festival in December?
(a) Martin and Blathe.
(b) Dimitri and Sophia.
(c) Stal and Aphrodite.
(d) Celadon and Sophie.
3. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
(a) Sin alone.
(c) Loneliness with another.
(d) Virtue alone.
4. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
5. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Egyptions.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Palestinians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
2. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
3. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
4. How much per year does the "society" collect?
5. What does the narrator say is the second most important city in Sweden?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)