|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
(a) His love for the Colonel's daughter.
(b) His gratitude to the Colonel.
(c) His common religion with the Colonel.
(d) His debt to the Colonel.
2. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(c) Thackeray .
3. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
4. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was bipolar.
(b) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(c) Sade was maladjusted.
(d) Sade was a criminal.
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His wife.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
2. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
3. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
4. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
5. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)