|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
2. How much money does Madame Scholtz accuse Herman of stealing?
(a) 250,000 ducats.
(b) 10,000 ducats.
(c) 50,000 ducats.
(d) 100,000 ducats.
3. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
4. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
(a) A "faction."
(b) A "red-bodied drink."
(c) A coin.
(d) A "sirup."
5. How many children does Courval have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
2. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
3. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
4. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
5. What does Oxtiern tell Fabrice his intentions are regarding Ernestine?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)