|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 25,000 francs.
(c) 15,000 francs.
(d) 5,000 francs.
2. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
(a) Sade's mother.
(b) Sade's mother-in-law.
(c) Sade's wife.
(d) An inspector.
3. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
(b) A large meal.
(c) A servant to help her unpack.
(d) A bottle of wine.
4. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
5. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
Short Answer Questions
1. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
2. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
3. What does Ernestine tell Herman to do on the night of Madame Scholtz's ball?
4. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
5. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)