|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(a) Joseph de Maistre.
2. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
3. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Juliette et Raunai."
(b) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(c) "Le Président Mystifié."
(d) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
4. In "Ernestine, A Swedish Tale," when does the narrator leave Paris to travel to Sweden?
(a) In October of 1776.
(b) In April of 1770.
(c) In March of 1772.
(d) In July of 1774.
5. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
(a) A "faction."
(b) A "sirup."
(c) A coin.
(d) A "red-bodied drink."
Short Answer Questions
1. Fabrice asks Oxtiern to have a "trifle" bit more ______________.
2. The passions are referred to in Part Four as ___________.
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
5. How old is Heme in Part Three?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)