|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He was bound for greatness.
(b) He was a coward.
(c) He would be burned for his sins.
(d) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
2. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
(a) Out of context delusions.
(b) Out of context isolated phrases.
(c) Out of context passages of lust.
(d) Out of context passages of dialogue.
3. On what day is the "First Day"?
(a) December 1.
(b) May 1.
(c) January 1.
(d) November 1.
4. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
5. What does Oxtiern say that he and Herman need to do before they duel?
(a) Have breakfast.
(b) Have dinner.
(c) Tell the Colonel about the duel.
(d) Tell Ernestine about the duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
2. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
3. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
4. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
5. Herman states that he often calls upon Colonel Sanders because of ______________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)