|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ernestine, A Swedish Tale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Saulcet.
(b) Near Caaux.
(c) Near Laiz.
(d) Near Nemours.
2. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(c) The Devil.
3. How many men seized Herman as he ran from Madame Scholtz's house after being accused of theft?
4. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Aberrations of Nature.
(b) Sins against God.
(c) Sinful memories.
(d) Immoral books.
5. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
2. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
4. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
5. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)