|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His own mother.
2. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(b) Homeless girls.
(c) Girls of "superior class."
(d) Homeless boys.
3. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
4. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Le Président Mystifié."
(b) "Juliette et Raunai."
(c) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(d) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
5. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
2. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
3. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
4. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
5. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)