|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
2. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
3. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
4. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
(a) Feeling of synthesis.
(b) Feeling of calmness.
(c) Feeling of indignation.
(d) Feeling of pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
2. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
3. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
4. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
5. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)