|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Portuguese language.
(b) Germanic language.
(c) Gothic language.
(d) Romance language.
2. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
3. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(c) Thackeray .
4. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
(a) Out of context passages of lust.
(b) Out of context isolated phrases.
(c) Out of context passages of dialogue.
(d) Out of context delusions.
5. According to Part Three of "The 120 Days of Sodom," what month is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
3. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
4. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
5. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)