|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against Nature.
(b) When he sins against mankind.
(c) When he multiplies.
(d) When he sins against God.
2. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(c) Joseph de Maistre.
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To admonish culture.
(b) To create law.
(c) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(d) To put forth new knowledge.
5. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
(b) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
2. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
3. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
4. In Tale Three of Part Two, what does "he" hold to a girl's heart when he is raping her?
5. How many years longer does Sade say that Courval will live?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)