|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(a) Thackeray .
2. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
(a) The library.
(b) The billiards room.
(c) The throne room.
(d) The smoking lounge.
3. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
4. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
(a) A nurse maid.
(b) A duenna.
(c) One of their wives.
(d) A slave.
5. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
2. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
3. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
5. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)