|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
(a) 6:00 am.
(b) 8:00 am.
(c) 12:00 pm.
(d) 10:00 am.
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Hatred and violence.
(b) Hatred and sadism.
(c) Resentment and violence.
(d) Foulness and violence.
3. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(a) New Year's.
(c) All Hallow's Eve.
4. How many courses does the mid-day meal have?
5. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
2. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
3. In Tale 7, How old is the maid that lost her virginity to "his" valet?
4. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
5. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)