|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Parts Two, Three and Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item is a girl thrown into in Tale 49 of Part Three?
(a) A closet.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A barn.
2. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
3. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
4. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(b) The right to do as one wished.
(c) The beginning of tragedy.
(d) The reality of sin.
5. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
2. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
3. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
4. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
5. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)