|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
(a) The story of her parents.
(b) The adventures of her life.
(c) The story about her finding God.
(d) The story behind her affair.
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(c) All of the given answers.
3. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
4. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
5. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being an accuser.
(b) Being a forgiver.
(c) Being a destroyer.
(d) Being a creative evolutionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. All ____________are barred from the dining table of the "society."
2. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
3. The "society" collect dues for __________.
4. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
5. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)