|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
(a) Materialistic atheism.
(d) Crime and ounishment.
2. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
3. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
4. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
(a) Out of context delusions.
(b) Out of context isolated phrases.
(c) Out of context passages of lust.
(d) Out of context passages of dialogue.
5. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
(b) Francois V.
(c) Charles II.
(d) Louis XIV.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
2. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
3. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
4. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
5. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)