|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
2. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
3. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His wife.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His mother.
4. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(b) Thackeray .
5. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
(a) 15,000 francs.
(b) 10,000 francs.
(c) 5,000 francs.
(d) 25,000 francs.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
2. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
3. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
4. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
5. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)