|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
2. Who offers himself/herself up to the Bishop, given that another has not satisfied him?
3. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
4. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
5. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His wife.
(d) His own mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
2. What does the "society" have to authenticate in regard to the "young maids" at the fourth dinner party?
3. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
4. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
5. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)