|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(b) The reality of sin.
(c) The right to do as one wished.
(d) The beginning of tragedy.
2. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
3. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
4. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
5. Which person is interrupted during their narration and told by the President not to omit any details?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
2. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
3. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
4. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
5. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)