|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
2. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
(a) "An Afternoon of Love."
(b) "Simple Passions."
(d) "Feats of Duc."
3. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Sinful memories.
(b) Sins against God.
(c) Immoral books.
(d) Aberrations of Nature.
4. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
(a) The story behind her affair.
(b) The story of her parents.
(c) The story about her finding God.
(d) The adventures of her life.
5. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
(b) Homeless girls.
(c) Girls of "superior class."
(d) Homeless boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
2. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
3. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
4. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
5. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)