|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(b) All of the given answers.
3. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(b) He was bound for greatness.
(c) He was a coward.
(d) He would be burned for his sins.
4. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The prose writers.
(b) The miracle pageant writers.
(c) The satirists.
(d) The troubadours.
5. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
2. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
3. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
4. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
5. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)