|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
2. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The right to do as one wished.
(b) The reality of sin.
(c) The beginning of tragedy.
(d) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
4. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
(c) As Nature wanted.
5. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
2. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
3. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
4. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
5. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)