|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(b) "Les Antiquaires."
(d) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
2. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
3. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Both women and men.
(b) Only the members of the "society."
(c) Men only.
(d) Women only.
4. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(b) Sade was a criminal.
(c) Sade was bipolar.
(d) Sade was maladjusted.
5. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
2. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
3. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
4. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
5. Where did Florville go to give birth?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)