|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
2. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
3. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(a) Court fines.
(d) Interests of pleasure.
4. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
5. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
(a) Virtue alone.
(c) Sin alone.
(d) Loneliness with another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
3. What book did Sade say that Villeterque had not read, based upon his "stupid account"?
4. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
5. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)