|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(c) All Hallow's Eve.
(d) New Year's.
2. How old is Florville during the action of the story?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(b) The beginning of tragedy.
(c) The reality of sin.
(d) The right to do as one wished.
4. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(a) An original and eternal Nature.
5. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Spite and malice.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Hate and power.
(d) Lust and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
3. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
4. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
5. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)