|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
2. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
3. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
4. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
(b) A slave boy.
(d) An officer in the Navy.
5. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) An authentic portrait of him.
(b) A history of his life in Bastille.
(c) An objective view on his work.
(d) A record of his crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
2. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
3. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
4. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
5. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)