|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
2. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Hate and power.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Lust and love.
(d) Spite and malice.
3. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Nemours.
(b) Near Caaux.
(c) Near Laiz.
(d) Near Saulcet.
4. According to the rules, who has to be present whenever two or more children are present?
(a) A nurse maid.
(b) A slave.
(c) A duenna.
(d) One of their wives.
5. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(a) De Sevigne.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
2. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
3. Who throws a plate at his wife during the mid-day meal?
4. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
5. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)