|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Aberrations of Nature.
(b) Sins against God.
(c) Immoral books.
(d) Sinful memories.
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Hatred and violence.
(b) Foulness and violence.
(c) Resentment and violence.
(d) Hatred and sadism.
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
5. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
2. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
3. Who goes to visit Duc on the "First Day"?
4. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
5. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)