|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Sade say that Villeterque had not read, based upon his "stupid account"?
(b) "Les Crimes de L'Amour."
(c) "L'Instituteur Philosophe."
(d) "Le Cocu de Lui-même."
2. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
(c) As Nature wanted.
3. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He would be burned for his sins.
(b) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(c) He was bound for greatness.
(d) He was a coward.
4. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
5. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) Vile and foul creatures.
(b) The purest creatures.
(c) The oldest creatures.
(d) The youngest creatues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
2. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
3. The auditors are moved to which room to listen to narrations?
4. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
5. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)