|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
2. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
3. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Les Antiquaires."
(c) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(d) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Resentment and violence.
(b) Foulness and violence.
(c) Hatred and sadism.
(d) Hatred and violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
3. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
4. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
5. With what people did the novel originate?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)