|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(a) Joseph de Maistre.
2. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
3. How many children does Courval have?
4. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(a) All of the given answers.
5. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(c) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(d) "Les Antiquaires."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
2. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
3. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
4. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
5. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)