|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was Sade married?
2. What book did Sade say that Villeterque had not read, based upon his "stupid account"?
(a) "L'Instituteur Philosophe."
(b) "Le Cocu de Lui-même."
(c) "Les Crimes de L'Amour."
3. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To create law.
(b) To put forth new knowledge.
(c) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(d) To admonish culture.
4. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forgetting who she is completely.
(b) By destroying her own works.
(c) By forging forward at all costs.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
5. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
2. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
3. How many years longer does Sade say that Courval will live?
4. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
5. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)