|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
2. In what month was Sade married?
3. Where did Florville go to give birth?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Prayer and desire.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Desire and need.
(d) Lust and love.
5. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
(a) 4,000 francs a year.
(c) 500 francs a year.
(d) 2,000 francs a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
2. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
4. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
5. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)