|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
2. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
(b) 500 francs a year.
(c) 4,000 francs a year.
(d) 2,000 francs a year.
3. What book did Sade say that Villeterque had not read, based upon his "stupid account"?
(a) "Les Crimes de L'Amour."
(c) "Le Cocu de Lui-même."
(d) "L'Instituteur Philosophe."
4. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
5. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
(a) Her modesty.
(b) Her birth.
(c) Her religion.
(d) Her sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
2. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
3. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
4. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
5. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)