|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
2. How many children does Courval have?
3. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
4. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
(a) The story of her parents.
(b) The story behind her affair.
(c) The adventures of her life.
(d) The story about her finding God.
5. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To create law.
(b) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(c) To put forth new knowledge.
(d) To admonish culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
4. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
5. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)