|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
2. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
3. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forgetting who she is completely.
(b) By forging forward at all costs.
(c) By destroying her own works.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
4. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
5. How old is Florville during the action of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
2. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
3. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
4. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
5. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)