|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
(c) As Nature wanted.
2. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His home.
(b) His bed.
(c) In prison.
(d) A brothel.
3. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(a) De Sevigne.
4. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Gauls.
5. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Egyptions.
(d) The Palestinians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
2. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
3. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
4. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
5. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)