|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
2. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(b) "Juliette et Raunai."
(c) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
(d) "Le Président Mystifié."
3. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
(a) Her birth.
(b) Her modesty.
(c) Her sin.
(d) Her religion.
4. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
5. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
(a) 500 francs a year.
(b) 4,000 francs a year.
(c) 2,000 francs a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
2. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
3. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
4. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
5. In what month was Sade married?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)