|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
(c) An officer in the Navy.
(d) A slave boy.
2. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
3. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Saulcet.
(b) Near Caaux.
(c) Near Laiz.
(d) Near Nemours.
4. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(d) All of the given answers.
5. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
2. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
3. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
4. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
5. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)