|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) An authentic portrait of him.
(b) A history of his life in Bastille.
(c) A record of his crimes.
(d) An objective view on his work.
2. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
(a) Out of context isolated phrases.
(b) Out of context passages of lust.
(c) Out of context passages of dialogue.
(d) Out of context delusions.
3. Where did Florville go to give birth?
4. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
5. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
2. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
3. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
4. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
5. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)