|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against mankind.
(b) When he sins against God.
(c) When he multiplies.
(d) When he sins against Nature.
2. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
3. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(d) All of the given answers.
4. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
5. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Courval have?
2. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
3. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
4. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)