|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
(b) Loneliness with another.
(c) Virtue alone.
(d) Sin alone.
2. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(b) The beginning of tragedy.
(c) The right to do as one wished.
(d) The reality of sin.
3. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
4. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(a) New Year's.
(b) All Hallow's Eve.
5. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against Nature.
(b) When he multiplies.
(c) When he sins against God.
(d) When he sins against mankind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
2. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
3. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
5. Courval is told that Florville is related to ______________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)