|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
2. What did Sade call Villeterque during his response to him?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The beginning of tragedy.
(b) The reality of sin.
(c) The right to do as one wished.
(d) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Hatred and sadism.
(b) Foulness and violence.
(c) Hatred and violence.
(d) Resentment and violence.
5. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Egyptions.
(c) The Palestinians.
(d) The Moors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
2. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
3. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
4. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
5. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)