|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 25,000 francs.
(c) 15,000 francs.
(d) 5,000 francs.
2. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
(a) Feeling of pride.
(b) Feeling of indignation.
(c) Feeling of calmness.
(d) Feeling of synthesis.
3. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
(b) As Nature wanted.
4. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
(b) An officer in the Navy.
(d) A slave boy.
5. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
2. Courval is told that Florville is related to ______________.
3. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
4. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
5. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)