|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His own mother.
(d) His wife.
2. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
(a) They would be "read no more."
(b) They would "be found guilty of their crimes."
(c) They would "be exhaulted."
(d) They would "be revered."
3. What did Sade call Villeterque during his response to him?
4. In what month was Sade married?
5. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
2. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
3. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
4. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
5. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)