|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
2. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against mankind.
(b) When he sins against God.
(c) When he sins against Nature.
(d) When he multiplies.
3. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
(a) They would be "read no more."
(b) They would "be found guilty of their crimes."
(c) They would "be exhaulted."
(d) They would "be revered."
4. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forging forward at all costs.
(b) By destroying her own works.
(c) By forgetting who she is completely.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
2. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
4. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
5. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)