|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
2. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Palestinians.
(c) The Egyptions.
(d) The Moors.
3. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
4. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
5. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
2. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
3. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
4. How many children does Courval have?
5. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)