|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
2. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Italians.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Gauls.
(d) The Greeks.
3. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
4. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
5. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being an accuser.
(b) Being a creative evolutionist.
(c) Being a forgiver.
(d) Being a destroyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade call Villeterque during his response to him?
2. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
3. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
5. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)