|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
2. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
(a) An inspector.
(b) Sade's wife.
(c) Sade's mother.
(d) Sade's mother-in-law.
3. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(a) Thackeray .
4. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
5. What book did Sade say that Villeterque had not read, based upon his "stupid account"?
(a) "Les Crimes de L'Amour."
(b) "Le Cocu de Lui-même."
(d) "L'Instituteur Philosophe."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
2. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
3. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
4. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
5. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)