|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(b) "Le Président Mystifié."
(c) "Juliette et Raunai."
(d) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
2. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
3. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
(b) Loneliness with another.
(c) Virtue alone.
(d) Sin alone.
4. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
5. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
2. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
3. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
4. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)