|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(c) An original and eternal Nature.
2. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
5. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
2. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
3. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
4. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
5. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)