|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Italians.
2. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(d) Joseph de Maistre.
5. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was a criminal.
(b) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(c) Sade was bipolar.
(d) Sade was maladjusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
2. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
3. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
4. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
5. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)