|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Portuguese language.
(b) Germanic language.
(c) Romance language.
(d) Gothic language.
3. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
4. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He was bound for greatness.
(b) He would be burned for his sins.
(c) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(d) He was a coward.
5. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His home.
(b) In prison.
(c) His bed.
(d) A brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
2. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
3. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
4. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)