|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Sinful memories.
(b) Sins against God.
(c) Immoral books.
(d) Aberrations of Nature.
2. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
3. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Hate and power.
(c) Prayer and love.
(d) Spite and malice.
4. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
5. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Egyptions.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Palestinians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
2. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
3. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
4. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
5. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)