|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) A brothel.
(b) In prison.
(c) His home.
(d) His bed.
2. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(b) The right to do as one wished.
(c) The reality of sin.
(d) The beginning of tragedy.
4. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
5. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
2. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
3. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
4. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
5. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)