|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(d) De Sevigne.
2. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
3. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Palestinians.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Egyptions.
(d) The Greeks.
4. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he multiplies.
(b) When he sins against Nature.
(c) When he sins against mankind.
(d) When he sins against God.
5. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
2. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
3. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
4. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
5. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)