|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
2. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
3. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
4. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) A real life.
(b) A strong soul.
(c) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(d) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
2. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
3. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
4. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)