|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
(a) Sade's mother-in-law.
(b) Sade's wife.
(c) An inspector.
(d) Sade's mother.
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) A history of his life in Bastille.
(b) An objective view on his work.
(c) An authentic portrait of him.
(d) A record of his crimes.
3. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Romance language.
(b) Portuguese language.
(c) Germanic language.
(d) Gothic language.
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(b) A real life.
(c) A strong soul.
(d) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
5. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
2. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
3. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
4. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
5. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)