|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
2. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The reality of sin.
(b) The right to do as one wished.
(c) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(d) The beginning of tragedy.
5. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
2. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
3. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
4. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
5. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)