|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The right to do as one wished.
(b) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(c) The reality of sin.
(d) The beginning of tragedy.
2. In what month was Sade married?
3. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
4. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
5. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
2. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
3. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
4. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
5. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)