|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Juliette et Raunai."
(b) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(c) "Le Président Mystifié."
(d) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
2. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
(a) Feeling of indignation.
(b) Feeling of synthesis.
(c) Feeling of calmness.
(d) Feeling of pride.
3. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(b) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(c) A real life.
(d) A strong soul.
5. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
2. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
3. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
4. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
5. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)