|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
2. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Desire and need.
(d) Prayer and desire.
3. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
4. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
5. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
5. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)