|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Les Antiquaires."
(b) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(d) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
2. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The prose writers.
(b) The troubadours.
(c) The miracle pageant writers.
(d) The satirists.
4. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
2. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
3. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
4. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
5. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)