|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
2. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
3. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(b) He would be burned for his sins.
(c) He was a coward.
(d) He was bound for greatness.
4. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
5. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was Sade married?
2. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
3. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
4. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
5. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)