|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By forgetting who she is completely.
(c) By forging forward at all costs.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
2. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His best friend.
5. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
2. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
4. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
5. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)