|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Hate and power.
(d) Spite and malice.
2. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
3. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His bed.
(b) His home.
(c) A brothel.
(d) In prison.
5. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
2. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
3. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
4. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
5. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)