|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
2. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
3. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Romance language.
(b) Germanic language.
(c) Gothic language.
(d) Portuguese language.
4. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
(c) Societal aversions.
5. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(c) Joseph de Maistre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
2. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
3. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
4. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
5. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)