|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(b) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(d) "Les Antiquaires."
2. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
3. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
(b) Societal aversions.
4. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Germanic language.
(b) Gothic language.
(c) Romance language.
(d) Portuguese language.
5. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(b) An original and eternal Nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
2. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
3. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
4. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
5. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)