|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
2. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The reality of sin.
(b) The beginning of tragedy.
(c) The right to do as one wished.
(d) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
3. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were stolen.
(b) They were banned.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were burned.
4. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
5. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what people did the novel originate?
2. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
3. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
4. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
5. In what month was Sade married?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)