|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(c) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(d) "Les Antiquaires."
2. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Romance language.
(b) Germanic language.
(c) Gothic language.
(d) Portuguese language.
3. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
4. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(a) Joseph de Maistre.
5. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The right to do as one wished.
(b) The reality of sin.
(c) The beginning of tragedy.
(d) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
2. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
3. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
4. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
5. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)