|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
2. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was a criminal.
(b) Sade was maladjusted.
(c) Sade was bipolar.
(d) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
3. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
4. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against Nature.
(b) When he sins against mankind.
(c) When he sins against God.
(d) When he multiplies.
5. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(c) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(d) "Les Antiquaires."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
2. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
3. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
4. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
5. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)