|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
2. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
3. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Desire and need.
(b) Prayer and desire.
(c) Prayer and love.
(d) Lust and love.
5. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(b) To admonish culture.
(c) To put forth new knowledge.
(d) To create law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
2. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
3. With what people did the novel originate?
4. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
5. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)