|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Gothic language.
(b) Romance language.
(c) Germanic language.
(d) Portuguese language.
2. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mistress.
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
5. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) A record of his crimes.
(b) An authentic portrait of him.
(c) An objective view on his work.
(d) A history of his life in Bastille.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
2. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
3. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
4. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
5. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)