|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
2. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
3. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Germanic language.
(b) Gothic language.
(c) Romance language.
(d) Portuguese language.
4. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(a) De Sevigne.
5. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
2. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
3. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
4. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
5. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)