|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(a) All of the given answers.
2. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(d) De Sevigne.
3. In what month was Sade married?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Prayer and desire.
(c) Desire and need.
(d) Prayer and love.
5. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
2. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
3. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
4. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
5. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)