|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
2. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) A brothel.
(b) His home.
(c) His bed.
(d) In prison.
3. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
4. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The beginning of tragedy.
(b) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(c) The reality of sin.
(d) The right to do as one wished.
5. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Prayer and love.
(b) Prayer and desire.
(c) Desire and need.
(d) Lust and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
2. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
3. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
4. In what month was Sade married?
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)