|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
2. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were burned.
(b) They were banned.
(c) They were lost.
(d) They were stolen.
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(b) The right to do as one wished.
(c) The beginning of tragedy.
(d) The reality of sin.
4. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) An objective view on his work.
(b) A record of his crimes.
(c) A history of his life in Bastille.
(d) An authentic portrait of him.
5. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The miracle pageant writers.
(b) The troubadours.
(c) The satirists.
(d) The prose writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
2. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
3. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
4. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
5. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)