|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
2. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His wife.
(b) His own mother.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His son.
3. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
4. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By forging forward at all costs.
(c) By insuring that her works become immortal.
(d) By forgetting who she is completely.
5. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
(b) Societal aversions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
3. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
4. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
5. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)