|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
2. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
3. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Greeks.
4. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
5. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
2. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
3. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
5. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
This section contains 134 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)