|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) A real life.
(b) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(c) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(d) A strong soul.
2. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
3. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(c) "Les Antiquaires."
(d) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
4. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
5. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
2. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
4. In what month was Sade married?
5. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)