|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
3. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Spite and malice.
(d) Hate and power.
4. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His wife.
5. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
2. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
3. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
4. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
5. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)