|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(b) Sade was a criminal.
(c) Sade was maladjusted.
(d) Sade was bipolar.
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By forging forward at all costs.
(c) By forgetting who she is completely.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His home.
(b) In prison.
(c) A brothel.
(d) His bed.
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) A real life.
(b) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(c) A strong soul.
(d) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
3. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
4. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)