|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
2. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(b) An original and eternal Nature.
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The miracle pageant writers.
(b) The troubadours.
(c) The prose writers.
(d) The satirists.
4. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
5. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was Sade married?
2. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
3. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
4. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
5. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)