|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
2. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
(b) Societal aversions.
3. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
(a) An inspector.
(b) Sade's wife.
(c) Sade's mother-in-law.
(d) Sade's mother.
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) In prison.
(b) His home.
(c) His bed.
(d) A brothel.
5. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(d) Thackeray .
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
2. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
3. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
4. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)