|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) A real life.
(b) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(c) A strong soul.
(d) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
2. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(b) Thackeray .
3. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By insuring that her works become immortal.
(c) By forgetting who she is completely.
(d) By forging forward at all costs.
4. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
5. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
2. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
3. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
4. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
5. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)