|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
2. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His own mother.
3. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Desire and need.
(d) Prayer and desire.
5. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(b) An original and eternal Nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
3. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
4. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
5. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)