|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His own mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His son.
2. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(d) Thackeray .
5. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) An authentic portrait of him.
(b) A record of his crimes.
(c) A history of his life in Bastille.
(d) An objective view on his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
2. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
3. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
4. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
5. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)