|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To admonish culture.
(b) To create law.
(c) To put forth new knowledge.
(d) To insert philosophy in his novels.
2. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he multiplies.
(b) When he sins against God.
(c) When he sins against mankind.
(d) When he sins against Nature.
3. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
4. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(d) All of the given answers.
5. In what month was Sade married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
2. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
3. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
5. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)