|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The right to do as one wished.
(b) The reality of sin.
(c) The beginning of tragedy.
(d) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(d) All of the given answers.
3. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He would be burned for his sins.
(b) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(c) He was bound for greatness.
(d) He was a coward.
4. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
5. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
2. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
3. In what month was Sade married?
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
5. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)