|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was Sade married?
2. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His best friend.
3. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Foulness and violence.
(b) Hatred and sadism.
(c) Hatred and violence.
(d) Resentment and violence.
5. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
3. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
4. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
5. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)