|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forging forward at all costs.
(b) By destroying her own works.
(c) By forgetting who she is completely.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
2. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(b) All Hallow's Eve.
(c) New Year's.
3. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) A history of his life in Bastille.
(b) A record of his crimes.
(c) An authentic portrait of him.
(d) An objective view on his work.
4. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(b) A strong soul.
(c) A real life.
(d) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
2. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
3. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
4. In what month was Sade married?
5. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)