|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
2. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(c) "Les Antiquaires."
(d) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
3. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was bipolar.
(b) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(c) Sade was a criminal.
(d) Sade was maladjusted.
4. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
(a) Societal aversions.
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(b) A real life.
(c) A strong soul.
(d) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
2. In what month was Sade married?
3. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
4. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
5. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)