|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His own mother.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Foulness and violence.
(b) Resentment and violence.
(c) Hatred and violence.
(d) Hatred and sadism.
3. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His bed.
(b) In prison.
(c) A brothel.
(d) His home.
4. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
5. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was bipolar.
(b) Sade was maladjusted.
(c) Sade was a criminal.
(d) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
2. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
3. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
4. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
5. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)