|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The beginning of tragedy.
(b) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(c) The right to do as one wished.
(d) The reality of sin.
3. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
4. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were banned.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were stolen.
(d) They were burned.
5. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
(a) Crime and ounishment.
(b) Materialistic atheism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
3. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
4. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
5. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)