|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Les Antiquaires."
(c) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(d) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(b) A real life.
(c) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(d) A strong soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
2. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
3. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
4. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
5. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)