|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(d) All of the given answers.
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Hatred and sadism.
(b) Hatred and violence.
(c) Resentment and violence.
(d) Foulness and violence.
4. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
5. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
3. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
4. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
5. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)