|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The right to do as one wished.
(b) The beginning of tragedy.
(c) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(d) The reality of sin.
2. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
3. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a destroyer.
(b) Being a forgiver.
(c) Being an accuser.
(d) Being a creative evolutionist.
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) In prison.
(b) A brothel.
(c) His bed.
(d) His home.
5. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
2. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
3. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
4. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
5. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)