|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Les Antiquaires."
(c) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(d) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
2. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(a) All Hallow's Eve.
(b) New Year's.
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(b) He would be burned for his sins.
(c) He was bound for greatness.
(d) He was a coward.
5. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forgetting who she is completely.
(b) By forging forward at all costs.
(c) By insuring that her works become immortal.
(d) By destroying her own works.
Short Answer Questions
1. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
4. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
5. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)