|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His wife.
(c) His own mother.
(d) His son.
2. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against God.
(b) When he sins against mankind.
(c) When he multiplies.
(d) When he sins against Nature.
3. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(d) All of the given answers.
4. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) An authentic portrait of him.
(b) A record of his crimes.
(c) A history of his life in Bastille.
(d) An objective view on his work.
5. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
2. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
4. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
5. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)