|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(b) "Les Antiquaires."
(c) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
2. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The beginning of tragedy.
(b) The right to do as one wished.
(c) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(d) The reality of sin.
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His home.
(b) A brothel.
(c) His bed.
(d) In prison.
5. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
(a) Materialistic atheism.
(d) Crime and ounishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
3. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
4. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
5. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)