|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His wife.
(b) His own mother.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His son.
2. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(d) An original and eternal Nature.
3. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
4. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was maladjusted.
(b) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(c) Sade was bipolar.
(d) Sade was a criminal.
5. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being an accuser.
(b) Being a destroyer.
(c) Being a forgiver.
(d) Being a creative evolutionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
2. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
3. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
4. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
5. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)