|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) A real life.
(b) A strong soul.
(c) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(d) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
2. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Foulness and violence.
(b) Hatred and sadism.
(c) Resentment and violence.
(d) Hatred and violence.
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The beginning of tragedy.
(b) The reality of sin.
(c) The right to do as one wished.
(d) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
4. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(a) All Hallow's Eve.
(c) New Year's.
5. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
2. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
3. In what month was Sade married?
4. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
5. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)