|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forgetting who she is completely.
(b) By forging forward at all costs.
(c) By destroying her own works.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
2. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(d) An original and eternal Nature.
3. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Resentment and violence.
(b) Foulness and violence.
(c) Hatred and sadism.
(d) Hatred and violence.
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mistress.
(d) His best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
2. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
3. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
4. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
5. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)