|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
2. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
3. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(a) Joseph de Maistre.
4. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a creative evolutionist.
(b) Being a destroyer.
(c) Being a forgiver.
(d) Being an accuser.
5. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(b) Sade was a criminal.
(c) Sade was maladjusted.
(d) Sade was bipolar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
2. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
3. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
4. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
5. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)