|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
2. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
3. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Les Antiquaires."
(c) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(d) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
4. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
5. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
(b) Societal aversions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
2. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
3. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
4. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
5. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)