|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His own mother.
(d) His mother-in-law.
2. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(c) Joseph de Maistre.
3. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
4. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
(a) Materialistic atheism.
(c) Crime and ounishment.
5. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a destroyer.
(b) Being a creative evolutionist.
(c) Being an accuser.
(d) Being a forgiver.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
2. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
3. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
5. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)