|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were lost.
(b) They were banned.
(c) They were stolen.
(d) They were burned.
2. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mistress.
3. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) A brothel.
(b) His home.
(c) In prison.
(d) His bed.
4. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By forgetting who she is completely.
(c) By insuring that her works become immortal.
(d) By forging forward at all costs.
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Resentment and violence.
(b) Foulness and violence.
(c) Hatred and violence.
(d) Hatred and sadism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
3. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
4. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
5. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)