Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to visit Duc on the "First Day"?
2. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
3. How much per year does the "society" collect?
(b) 2 million.
(c) 1 million.
4. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a creative evolutionist.
(b) Being a forgiver.
(c) Being a destroyer.
(d) Being an accuser.
5. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
(a) Feeling of pride.
(b) Feeling of calmness.
(c) Feeling of indignation.
(d) Feeling of synthesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
2. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
3. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
4. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
5. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)