Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Florville and Courval.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
(a) Near Caaux.
(b) Near Laiz.
(c) Near Nemours.
(d) Near Saulcet.
2. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
3. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Aberrations of Nature.
(b) Sins against God.
(c) Sinful memories.
(d) Immoral books.
4. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
5. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
2. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
3. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
4. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
5. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)