Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Villeterque's Review of Les Crimes de l'Amour and Sade's Reply.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
(a) They would "be revered."
(b) They would "be exhaulted."
(c) They would be "read no more."
(d) They would "be found guilty of their crimes."
2. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
3. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To admonish culture.
(b) To put forth new knowledge.
(c) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(d) To create law.
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(c) "Les Antiquaires."
(d) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
5. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a creative evolutionist.
(b) Being an accuser.
(c) Being a forgiver.
(d) Being a destroyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
2. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
4. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
5. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)