|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
2. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(a) De Sevigne.
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(b) All of the given answers.
5. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To put forth new knowledge.
(b) To admonish culture.
(c) To create law.
(d) To insert philosophy in his novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
2. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
3. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
4. In what month was Sade married?
5. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)