Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nature as Destructive Principle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against Nature.
(b) When he sins against mankind.
(c) When he sins against God.
(d) When he multiplies.
2. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
3. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
4. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He would be burned for his sins.
(b) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(c) He was bound for greatness.
(d) He was a coward.
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
2. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
5. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)