|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
2. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
3. What kind of prejudices does Oxtiern accuse Derbac of having?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(b) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(c) A real life.
(d) A strong soul.
5. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(a) All of the given answers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
2. What is the name of the narrations that everyone has gathered to listen to on "The First Day"?
3. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
4. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
5. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)