|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was maladjusted.
(b) Sade was a criminal.
(c) Sade was bipolar.
(d) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
2. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Foulness and violence.
(b) Hatred and violence.
(c) Hatred and sadism.
(d) Resentment and violence.
4. According to Duc during the first day, ______________ are "they who absolutely cannot bear the instant when the illusion is shattered."
5. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
2. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
3. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
5. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)