|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His best friend.
4. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
5. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
(a) The purest creatures.
(b) The youngest creatues.
(c) The oldest creatures.
(d) Vile and foul creatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
2. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
3. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
4. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
5. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)