|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
2. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
3. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were lost.
(b) They were stolen.
(c) They were burned.
(d) They were banned.
4. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
5. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
2. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
4. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
5. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)