|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act One open in "Oxtiern"?
(a) A garden.
(b) The entrance to a castle.
(c) A stable.
(d) A sitting room of an inn.
2. The window of Mademoiselle Ernestine's opens to face _____________.
(a) The garden.
(c) The stables.
(d) The Maze.
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
(a) Bondage attire.
(d) Feminine attire.
5. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were banned.
(b) They were stolen.
(c) They were burned.
(d) They were lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
2. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. According to Ernestine, what will she never be able to do again?
5. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)