|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mistress.
2. Whom is "given" to the company on the 6th night of Part Three?
3. How many children does Courval have?
4. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
(a) They were from a convent.
(b) They were from the prisons.
(c) They were from a brothel.
(d) They were abducted.
5. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Sinful memories.
(b) Immoral books.
(c) Aberrations of Nature.
(d) Sins against God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
2. What does Ernestine say "would really suit" her?
3. How old is Heme in Part Three?
4. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
5. Amelie says that she is going to beg _____________to protect Ernestine.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)