|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "unique pleasure" of Father Etienne?
(a) Educating little boys.
(b) Educating little girls.
(c) Educating other Fathers.
(d) Educating himself.
2. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
3. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
4. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
5. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
2. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
3. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
4. What does the "society" have to authenticate in regard to the "young maids" at the fourth dinner party?
5. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)