|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guards were escorting the carriage of the young ladies?
(a) More than 20.
(b) More than 40.
(c) More than 30.
(d) More than 50.
2. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(b) The Devil.
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
(a) Resentment and violence.
(b) Foulness and violence.
(c) Hatred and sadism.
(d) Hatred and violence.
4. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
(a) Three men and three women.
(b) All women.
(c) All men.
(d) One man and one woman.
5. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Florville receive from her adoptive mother upon her death?
2. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
3. Who challenges Oxtiern to a duel?
4. Whom does Duc kiss on the mouth in the third room that the "society" visits on the "First Day"?
5. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)