|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(b) All of the given answers.
3. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
4. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were stolen.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were burned.
(d) They were banned.
5. Who is married at the fifth's week festival in December?
(a) Hyacinthe and Fanny.
(b) Duc and Duclos.
(c) Hercule and Adalaide.
(d) The President and Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
2. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
5. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)