|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
2. At what age is Champville "deflowered"?
3. How much per year does the "society" collect?
(a) 2 million.
(c) 1 million.
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(b) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(c) A strong soul.
(d) A real life.
5. Who is the only man to "discharge" on the morning of the "First Day"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
2. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
3. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
4. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
5. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)