|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
(a) Her modesty.
(b) Her religion.
(c) Her birth.
(d) Her sin.
2. What is the name of the man whom Ernestine loves?
3. According to Casmir's claims, who is the accomplice to the Count in debaucheries?
4. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
5. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
(a) Crime and ounishment.
(d) Materialistic atheism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tale 19, what age must the virgins be with which "he" wishes to copulate?
2. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
3. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
5. According to Champville, on the 16th of December, with whom is Duc always pictured?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)