|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month was Sade married?
2. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He would be burned for his sins.
(b) He was bound for greatness.
(c) He was a coward.
(d) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
3. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
4. Who goes to visit Duc on the "First Day"?
5. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His own mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many things did Sade challenge Villeterque to do?
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. Who is bled on the 20th night of Part Three?
4. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
5. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)