|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) His bed.
(b) A brothel.
(c) His home.
(d) In prison.
2. Where does Oxtiern plan to take Ernestine after leaving Fabrice's home?
(a) To Kalix.
(b) To Dalby.
(c) To Hogelid.
(d) To Norrkoping.
3. In Tale 11, "he" needs to be provided with __________.
(a) Two sisters.
(b) Two brothers.
(d) A brother and sister.
4. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
5. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(b) A real life.
(c) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(d) A strong soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eight young sultanas serve to the "society" at 11:00?
2. What is the age range of the young men who were gathered to be at the "society's" first dinner party"?
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
4. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
5. How many years longer does Sade say that Courval will live?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)