|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
2. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Immoral books.
(b) Sinful memories.
(c) Aberrations of Nature.
(d) Sins against God.
3. With whom does Fabrice wish the Count to lodge?
(a) The Devil.
4. How old was Duclos when she found Geoffrey, a monk, in a cell with Louis?
5. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was a criminal.
(b) Sade was maladjusted.
(c) Sade was bipolar.
(d) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
2. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
3. On what day is the "First Day"?
4. In Part Two, on what evening is Duc flogged while copulating with Zelmire's maid?
5. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)