|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxtiern, or The Misfortunes of Libertinage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Bishop, who needs to be punished severely on Saturday?
2. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
3. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
4. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
(a) 8:00 am.
(b) 10:00 am.
(c) 12:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 am.
5. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
2. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
3. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
4. What did Geoffrey give to Duclos while in Louis' cell?
5. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)