|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against mankind.
(b) When he sins against God.
(c) When he sins against Nature.
(d) When he multiplies.
2. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Egyptions.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Palestinians.
3. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forgetting who she is completely.
(b) By destroying her own works.
(c) By forging forward at all costs.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
4. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
(a) Sade's mother-in-law.
(b) An inspector.
(c) Sade's wife.
(d) Sade's mother.
5. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month was Sade married?
2. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
3. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
4. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
5. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)