|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
(a) An objective view on his work.
(b) A record of his crimes.
(c) An authentic portrait of him.
(d) A history of his life in Bastille.
2. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(d) An original and eternal Nature.
3. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was maladjusted.
(b) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(c) Sade was a criminal.
(d) Sade was bipolar.
4. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By insuring that her works become immortal.
(c) By forging forward at all costs.
(d) By forgetting who she is completely.
5. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(b) "Les Antiquaires."
(c) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
(d) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
5. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)