|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He was bound for greatness.
(b) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(c) He would be burned for his sins.
(d) He was a coward.
2. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a forgiver.
(b) Being an accuser.
(c) Being a destroyer.
(d) Being a creative evolutionist.
3. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Hate and power.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Spite and malice.
(d) Lust and love.
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Les Antiquaires."
(b) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(c) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
5. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
(a) Sade was a criminal.
(b) Sade's bad relationship with his mother.
(c) Sade was bipolar.
(d) Sade was maladjusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
5. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)