|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
2. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The satirists.
(b) The miracle pageant writers.
(c) The troubadours.
(d) The prose writers.
3. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His son.
(d) His own mother.
4. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
5. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
2. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
5. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)