|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
(a) "Les Antiquaires."
(b) "Les Fetes de l'amitie."
(c) "Le Prevaricateur ou le Magistrat du temps passe."
2. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Gauls.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Italians.
3. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By forgetting who she is completely.
(c) By forging forward at all costs.
(d) By insuring that her works become immortal.
4. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Prayer and love.
(b) Spite and malice.
(c) Lust and love.
(d) Hate and power.
5. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
2. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
3. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
4. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
5. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)