|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
2. What was the only thing that Sade believed would fulfill his existence?
3. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
4. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were lost.
(b) They were banned.
(c) They were stolen.
(d) They were burned.
5. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By destroying her own works.
(b) By forging forward at all costs.
(c) By insuring that her works become immortal.
(d) By forgetting who she is completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
2. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
3. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
4. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
5. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)