|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
(a) Sade's mother-in-law.
(b) Sade's mother.
(c) Sade's wife.
(d) An inspector.
2. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
3. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
4. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
5. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
2. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
3. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
4. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
5. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)