|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) A strong soul.
(b) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(c) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(d) A real life.
2. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
3. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
4. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
5. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a destroyer.
(b) Being an accuser.
(c) Being a forgiver.
(d) Being a creative evolutionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
2. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
3. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
4. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
5. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)