|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In March of 1793, how old was Sade?
2. In what month was Sade married?
3. What was the first thing that Sade did when society "quickly seized upon Sade's secret and classified it as a crime"?
(a) All of the given answers.
4. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Gothic language.
(b) Portuguese language.
(c) Germanic language.
(d) Romance language.
5. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he sins against God.
(b) When he sins against Nature.
(c) When he sins against mankind.
(d) When he multiplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
2. "Punishments are always ___________________ to the crime."
3. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
4. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
5. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)