|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
2. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
3. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
(b) Societal aversions.
4. In what month was Sade married?
5. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
2. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
3. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
4. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
5. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)