|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
2. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Lust and love.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Desire and need.
(d) Prayer and desire.
3. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
4. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
5. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
2. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
3. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
5. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)