|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Hate and power.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Spite and malice.
(d) Lust and love.
2. On what holiday did Sade terrorize Rose Keller?
(b) New Year's.
(d) All Hallow's Eve.
3. Who did Beauvoir state embodied Sade's failure?
(a) His own mother.
(b) His son.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His wife.
4. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
(a) He was a coward.
(b) He was satisfied living a mundane life.
(c) He was bound for greatness.
(d) He would be burned for his sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ordered a mistress of a brothel to stop giving women to Sade?
2. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
3. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
4. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
5. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)