|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mistress.
2. Where was the only place that Sade believed he could assert himself?
(a) A brothel.
(b) His bed.
(c) His home.
(d) In prison.
3. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
4. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(a) Joseph de Maistre.
5. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Spite and malice.
(b) Hate and power.
(c) Prayer and love.
(d) Lust and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
3. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
4. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
5. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)