|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Journees amusantes"?
(d) De Sevigne.
2. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
3. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were stolen.
(b) They were lost.
(c) They were banned.
(d) They were burned.
4. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
5. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
(b) Crime and ounishment.
(d) Materialistic atheism.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what people did the novel originate?
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
3. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
5. Who, according to Sade, passed novels on to "our courtly storytellers"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)