|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Sade imprisoned for debt?
2. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
3. What character did Beauvoir claim had been created as a projection of Sade himself?
4. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade long for?
(a) A strong soul.
(b) The ability to be regarded as a famous writer.
(c) The ability to do what he wished without punishment.
(d) A real life.
5. What did Sade "push to a point" where "it will be invested with the form of a truly transcendental fatalism"?
(b) Crime and ounishment.
(d) Materialistic atheism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
2. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
3. According to Beauvoir, what did Sade come to know at an early age?
4. Who engineered Sade's escape form Miolans?
5. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)