|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(b) Joseph de Maistre.
2. What language was a mixture of Celtic and Latin?
(a) Germanic language.
(b) Romance language.
(c) Gothic language.
(d) Portuguese language.
3. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
4. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(d) Thackeray .
5. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Palestinians.
(b) The Egyptions.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Moors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
2. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
3. Why did Beauvoir state that Sade "mistrusted everything and everybody"?
4. Given that Beauvoir stated that he found no "hint of ambition" in Sade, what did Beauvoir state that he believed about Sade?
5. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)