|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Reflections on the Novel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
3. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
4. According to "Must We Burn Sade?" what happened to Sade's manuscripts?
(a) They were lost.
(b) They were burned.
(c) They were stolen.
(d) They were banned.
5. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
2. What do biographers fail to present in regard to Sade?
3. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
4. Which of Sade's plays was a great success?
5. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)