|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what "level" did Freud look at life?
2. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
(a) They would "be revered."
(b) They would be "read no more."
(c) They would "be found guilty of their crimes."
(d) They would "be exhaulted."
3. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
4. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
5. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
(a) The adventures of her life.
(b) The story of her parents.
(c) The story about her finding God.
(d) The story behind her affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
2. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
3. How many years longer does Sade say that Courval will live?
4. What did Sade accuse Villeterque of quoting?
5. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)