|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
2. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
(d) As Nature wanted.
3. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
(a) The story about her finding God.
(b) The story behind her affair.
(c) The story of her parents.
(d) The adventures of her life.
4. How old was Florville when Saint-Agne proposed to her?
5. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
2. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
3. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
4. What year did both Maurice Heine and Gilbert Lely give as the birth year of Sade "the writer"?
5. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)