|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
(a) 10:00 am.
(b) 6:00 am.
(c) 12:00 pm.
(d) 8:00 am.
2. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
(a) By forging forward at all costs.
(b) By destroying her own works.
(c) By insuring that her works become immortal.
(d) By forgetting who she is completely.
3. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(a) Interests of pleasure.
(d) Court fines.
4. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
5. How much per year does the "society" collect?
(b) 1 million.
(d) 2 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
2. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
3. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
4. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
5. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)