|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
(a) Hate and power.
(b) Prayer and love.
(c) Spite and malice.
(d) Lust and love.
2. The "society" collect dues for __________.
(b) Interests of pleasure.
(d) Court fines.
3. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
(a) A slave boy.
(d) An officer in the Navy.
4. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
(a) Being a forgiver.
(b) Being a creative evolutionist.
(c) Being an accuser.
(d) Being a destroyer.
5. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
2. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
3. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
4. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
5. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)