|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what Roman goddess does Courval compare Florville?
2. How old are the "young maids" that attend the fourth dinner party?
3. What did Sade believe existed outside of the three kingdoms of species and creatures?
(b) An original and eternal Nature.
4. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
(a) The Gauls.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Italians.
(d) The Greeks.
5. What does Courval's wife devote herself to after leaving him?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
2. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
3. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
4. In what year did Sade publish "Les Crimes de l'Amour"?
5. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)