|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Courval's income, as noted by Sade?
(a) 10,000 francs.
(b) 25,000 francs.
(c) 15,000 francs.
(d) 5,000 francs.
2. In Klossowski's quoting of "120 Days of Sodom," what will never exist "wherever men are equal and when differences do not exist"?
3. How many questions did Villeterque state he would "bother with"?
4. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he multiplies.
(b) When he sins against mankind.
(c) When he sins against God.
(d) When he sins against Nature.
5. What does the "society" have to authenticate in regard to the "young maids" at the fourth dinner party?
(a) Their reproductive ability.
(b) Their abandonment.
(c) Their bloodlines.
(d) Their virginity.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
2. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
3. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
4. Who are the guests at the second dinner party?
5. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)