|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The right to do as one wished.
(b) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(c) The beginning of tragedy.
(d) The reality of sin.
2. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
3. In what year was the Bastille stormed?
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
(b) "Juliette et Raunai."
(c) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
(d) "Le Président Mystifié."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the guests at the third dinner party?
2. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
3. What does Florville want to tell Courval before they marry?
4. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
5. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)