|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
3. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
4. How many questions did Villeterque say that Sade had raised in "Reflections on the Novel"?
5. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
(a) The acceptance of the refusal to change.
(b) The right to do as one wished.
(c) The reality of sin.
(d) The beginning of tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
2. How many children does Courval have?
3. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
4. At the opening of "Florville and Courval," how old is Courval?
5. What do the "young lads," who are 12-14 years of age, wear to the first dinner parties of the "society"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)