|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Klossowski quote about "original sin"?
(b) Joseph de Maistre.
2. How many men are gathered to be "guests" at the first supper party of "the society"?
3. Who had written successful novels, although he "indulged vice and strayed from virtue"?
4. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
5. Courval is told that Florville is related to ______________.
(b) St. Pierre.
(d) Marcus Flind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sade call Villeterque at the opening of his reply to him?
2. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
3. How many years longer does Sade say that Courval will live?
4. What kind of feeling did Villeterque state that he had while reading Sade's work?
5. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)