|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Desire and need.
(b) Prayer and desire.
(c) Lust and love.
(d) Prayer and love.
2. What did Sade call Villeterque during his response to him?
3. How many years longer does Sade say that Courval will live?
4. What did Sade state that "I have never written"?
(a) Sins against God.
(b) Sinful memories.
(c) Immoral books.
(d) Aberrations of Nature.
5. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
(a) 10:00 am.
(b) 6:00 am.
(c) 12:00 pm.
(d) 8:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mistreated a poor family and then called for his own punishment by whipping?
2. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
3. According to Sade, the Romans had the weaknesses of ________________.
4. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of saying that the way to happiness was _______________.
5. According to the Introduction to "120 Days of Sodom," whose war has drained the state treasury?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)