|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what novel did Sade say virtue was best rewarded?
(a) "Le Président Mystifié."
(b) "Juliette et Raunai."
(c) "Le Criminel Par Vertu."
(d) "Les Dangers de la Bienfaisance."
2. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Prayer and love.
(b) Lust and love.
(c) Desire and need.
(d) Prayer and desire.
3. Which author did Sade supposedly ignore because of his jealousy regarding the individual's success as a writer?
(a) Thackeray .
4. Whom did Klossowski name as the "original guilty party"?
5. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
2. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
3. How many children did Duc de Blangis have?
4. What kind of life did Florville live, according to a former colleague of Courval's?
5. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)