|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Madame de Verquin tries to set Florville up with __________.
(a) A slave boy.
(d) An officer in the Navy.
2. According to Sade, the truly honest man refuses to deal in ____________.
3. What does the "society" have to authenticate in regard to the "young maids" at the fourth dinner party?
(a) Their virginity.
(b) Their abandonment.
(c) Their reproductive ability.
(d) Their bloodlines.
4. According to Sade, man is prey to what two weaknesses?
(a) Prayer and love.
(b) Desire and need.
(c) Prayer and desire.
(d) Lust and love.
5. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Klossowski state was a "moral being and not a created being"?
2. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
3. What chemist did Klossowski quote regarding his fears about Nature?
4. Where does Courval spend most of his time?
5. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)