|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
2. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The miracle pageant writers.
(b) The prose writers.
(c) The satirists.
(d) The troubadours.
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. At what age did Duc carry out a plan to rob a public coach and rape all of the occupants?
5. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
(a) Her birth.
(b) Her modesty.
(c) Her sin.
(d) Her religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
2. According to Freud, what is "the life instinct"?
3. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
4. With what people did the novel originate?
5. The purpose of Nature is ___________.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)