|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Klossowski, what philosopher opposed the sufferings of the innocent?
2. According to Sade, who needed to be classified as poets and not novelists?
(a) The miracle pageant writers.
(b) The satirists.
(c) The troubadours.
(d) The prose writers.
3. At the end of his review, what did Villeterque say would happen to Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson?
(a) They would "be exhaulted."
(b) They would "be found guilty of their crimes."
(c) They would be "read no more."
(d) They would "be revered."
4. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To create law.
(b) To admonish culture.
(c) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(d) To put forth new knowledge.
5. How old is Florville during the action of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Florville when she had a child that died?
2. What did Sade believe Villeterque's insults were "dictated by"?
3. What does the "society" have to authenticate in regard to the "young maids" at the fourth dinner party?
4. Villeterque accused Sade of portraying villains who were _________.
5. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)