|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Florville go to give birth?
2. According to the book's introduction, how many times has Duc de Blangis been married?
3. Villeterque wonders about the painting of scenes where crime reigns __________.
(a) As Nature wanted.
4. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
(a) When he multiplies.
(b) When he sins against Nature.
(c) When he sins against mankind.
(d) When he sins against God.
5. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
Short Answer Questions
1. For the private party that is held every Friday, from where do the women come?
2. What is the name of Duc's daughter whom he gives to Curval to marry?
3. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
4. Who were the first novelists in Europe where "we dwell today"?
5. Whose daughter does Duc want to marry?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)