|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer loathed Sade and referred to him as "monster author"?
2. Who is present at the first dinner party of the "society"?
(a) Women only.
(b) Men only.
(c) Only the members of the "society."
(d) Both women and men.
3. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To put forth new knowledge.
(b) To create law.
(c) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(d) To admonish culture.
4. Who is the first slave to Nature's laws?
5. What name is given to "any work of imagination fashioned from the most uncommon adventures which men experience in the course of their lives"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what cell was Sade kept while at Vincennes prison?
2. When does Nature find man "wrong"?
3. According to Klossowski, "what we call crime must contain the key" to ___________.
4. Villeterque accused Rousseau, Voltaire, Marmontel, Fielding, and Richardson of "painting" ____________.
5. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)