|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The 120 Days of Sodom: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what people did the novel originate?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Palestinians.
(d) The Egyptions.
2. Who taught Florville to live a virtuous life?
3. What was Voltaire's purpose in writing?
(a) To create law.
(b) To insert philosophy in his novels.
(c) To put forth new knowledge.
(d) To admonish culture.
4. At what time do the "Statutes" declare that the men should rise in the morning?
(a) 8:00 am.
(b) 12:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 am.
(d) 6:00 am.
5. During the storming of the Bastille, how many volumes of Sade's library were looted?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Klossowski, "the substitution of Nature in a state of perpetual motion for God signifies, not the arrival of a happier era for humanity," but ____________________.
2. What "matter" does Courval state "concerns me not the least"?
3. What kind of opinions does an author hold when they contradict their own views?
4. What did Klossowski state was the only way Sadean conscience recovers her liberty?
5. What does the "society" have to authenticate in regard to the "young maids" at the fourth dinner party?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)